NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v4: Did someone say... SMASH?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
8bitdo is releasing a wireless adapter for wired GC controllers. $20 ain't too shabby.

8bitdo is releasing a wireless adapter for wired GC controllers. $20 ain't too shabby.

2_Gbros___Super_Smash_Bros.0.jpg

Picked up Diablo 3 and just like that, I lost an hour. Flying to the east coast on Monday, then back on Friday. I used to dread long flights, but with the Switch they're a snap. Especially on Alaska since I can hang the Switch on the back of the seat with the Switch cover and they have USB jacks. American Airlines needs to get with the times, their seats suck.

How does it play? Man there looks to be a lot going on on that small screen.

Plays great, just as good as the other console releases. The only problem I ran into was my hand cramping up in handheld mode. Definitely need to take off the joycons or use a pro-controller.

I'm pretty blown away at how well it plays in handheld mode. My only minor complaint is the text can be pretty hard to read in hand held mode and you have to pull the screen closer to your face. Dialog was fine, but mission objectives I had a hard time with. Part of it though was:

1) I have shitty eye sight.
2) I was on an airplane and I had hung the Switch on the back of the seat in front of me while I was reclined back using a pro controller, so it was like trying to read the text while playing the Switch with fully extended arms.

Had I used the Switch with attached Joycons, it would have been fine. That's just not a comfortable position to be in while on an airplane.

Is this you Sonny? Got the switch for Father's day?

I'm also playing hollow knight, it's an awesome game. Got stuck a while after beating hornet, got enough money to get one of the most expensive items on the game, and explored a bunch of places I shouldn't, small enemies took like 7 hits to get defeated, and got a nice skill in return.

After all that, I realized I skipped a very obvious section, and found an NPC that can upgrade your sword. That makes all the fucking difference.

I'm hooked.
Lol. I never got it for father’s day. I did get it yesterday for my birthday though.

My buddy is going to lend me BOTW this week. I’ve just been spending the last hour going through this thread at all the games trying to decide what else to get.

Hollow Knight looks fun.

I’m also interested in some turn based RPG’s like Battle Chasers or Moonlighter.

Will also want to get something two player so my wife an I can play. The classic SEGA bundle looks cool. We both like a lot of those classic two player games.

Mario kart will most likely be a must buy as well.

Who needs a savings account eh?

Lol. I never got it for father’s day. I did get it yesterday for my birthday though.

My buddy is going to lend me BOTW this week. I’ve just been spending the last hour going through this thread at all the games trying to decide what else to get.

Hollow Knight looks fun.

I’m also interested in some turn based RPG’s like Battle Chasers or Moonlighter.

Will also want to get something two player so my wife an I can play. The classic SEGA bundle looks cool. We both like a lot of those classic two player games.

Mario kart will most likely be a must buy as well.

Who needs a savings account eh?
Octopath comes well recommended as a turn based RPG.

Zelda, Mario, Mario kart, as right now are must have games.

Depending on your tastes, you can get stardew valley, and you can schedule your divorce with overcooked.

Savings account? How do you eat that?

I'm pretty blown away at how well it plays in handheld mode. My only minor complaint is the text can be pretty hard to read in hand held mode and you have to pull the screen closer to your face. Dialog was fine, but mission objectives I had a hard time with. Part of it though was:

1) I have shitty eye sight.
2) I was on an airplane and I had hung the Switch on the back of the seat in front of me while I was reclined back using a pro controller, so it was like trying to read the text while playing the Switch with fully extended arms.

Had I used the Switch with attached Joycons, it would have been fine. That's just not a comfortable position to be in while on an airplane.

Cool, shitty eyesight or not, there seems to be a lot of action for a small screen.

Should I get a screen cover for this thing?

I’m usually pretty careful with my stuff but some folks have reported scratches on the screen from the docking station.

Octopath comes well recommended as a turn based RPG.

Zelda, Mario, Mario kart, as right now are must have games.

Depending on your tastes, you can get stardew valley, and you can schedule your divorce with overcooked.

Savings account? How do you eat that?
Thanks dude.

Im picking up hollow knight. I’m in the mood for a “metroidvania” type platformer.

Cool, shitty eyesight or not, there seems to be a lot of action for a small screen.

It certainly can get busy, but the Switch handles it surpringly well. I started playing the Necro and have been using group of skeletons and have a crusader follower, so not even counting enemies on the screen i have Me +7 skeletons + follower. When up against large groups of enemies can eaisly lose track of positioning, but with everyone thats going on I lose track even when I'm playing on the TV.

I know the Switch isn't as powerful as the other consoles, but I'm continuously surprised what this little hand held unit can dish out. I've flown cross country 7 times this year, with one more trip in a few weeks and the Switch has been a life saver. Due to so much travel this year, and next year stacking up to be just as busy I'm treating myself this christmas to an extra Docking Station and hookups to keep in a travel case, so when I head out on trips I can just grab the tablet and go. No more digging behind the TV for tear down and set back up when I get home.

My brother had a 3 hour plane flight and played Dark Souls the whole way. Said it was amazing.

I gotta pick that up again before RDR2 online drops.

I need my kids to go to bed on time tonight so I can finally crack the switch open.

You won't be disappointed, awesome game
After the kids went to bed the system set up and game download took about 2 hours so I only got to play it for 15 minutes.

The game looks cute but the music and sound actually make it a little creepy.

After the kids went to bed the system set up and game download took about 2 hours so I only got to play it for 15 minutes.

The game looks cute but the music and sound actually make it a little creepy.
Actually, it is. In a way, it treats the story as a dark souls, you have to dig deep in order to get it.

It has a couple of very dark moments, which will leave you with a wtf expression.

Very nice game, I haven't played the new content, but I enjoyed it a bunch, even the path of pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back