NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v4: Did someone say... SMASH?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Splurged yesterday on the way home from work and picked up another set of Joycons, charging stand, and Mario Party. Was hoping they had an early copy of Diablo 3, but no dice.

Didn't get a chance to load up Mario Party and go trick or treating with the kids, but really excited to play with the family tonight.

If gameplay history with Mario Party has shown anything, is that nothing good will come of this decision.

If gameplay history with Mario Party has shown anything, is that nothing good will come of this decision.

I'm not to worried about that. We've been playing the last two Mario Party games from the Wii and Wii U with the kids and they have a blast. I totally agree with the gameplay direction. The Game Cube version was my favorite, where the Wii felt to gimmicky with motion controls, and the Wii U game pad integration was super heavy handed in favor of the person with the gamepad. But the kids have a great time and that's what's important.

Plus, watching some of the game play videos it seems to me that it's more basic control oriented and less motion/gimmick gameplay. Either way, now I have 4 Joycons and can have family Mario Kart extravaganzas.

I'm not to worried about that. We've been playing the last two Mario Party games from the Wii and Wii U with the kids and they have a blast. I totally agree with the gameplay direction. The Game Cube version was my favorite, where the Wii felt to gimmicky with motion controls, and the Wii U game pad integration was super heavy handed in favor of the person with the gamepad. But the kids have a great time and that's what's important.

Plus, watching some of the game play videos it seems to me that it's more basic control oriented and less motion/gimmick gameplay. Either way, now I have 4 Joycons and can have family Mario Kart extravaganzas.

My post was more of a joke in how memetic Mario Party and Mario Kart are at ruining friendships and relationships and whatnot.

Picked up Diablo 3 and just like that, I lost an hour. Flying to the east coast on Monday, then back on Friday. I used to dread long flights, but with the Switch they're a snap. Especially on Alaska since I can hang the Switch on the back of the seat with the Switch cover and they have USB jacks. American Airlines needs to get with the times, their seats suck.

Bed/Couch/Toilet Souls has been awesome.

Someone on Reddit did a tl;dw

tl;dw:

• Docked mode running at 900p maximum according to pixel counting methods, with minimum dynamic drop to 768p

• Portable mode sits at 720p most of the time, minimum dynamic drop to 540p

• "Last-gen plus" graphics -- it's largely visually the same as the XB360 version but with higher resolution and a few added effects, but missing a lot of the more subtle things found on PS4/XB1 such as bloom and high-resolution ambient occlusion

• Locked 60fps performance (compared to constant stuttering / sitting more like 50fps on XB360/PS3). Single player it's kinda hard to get frame drops, but with co-op play, 2 high-level wizards spamming every spell they've got it'll run down to more like 50fps with drops to 45.

• 13.2GB file size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back