NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v2: Nintendo's Big Comeback Starter Pack

All of these games are little indies that have been available on other platforms. They need more big hitters. I know Mario Kart is coming later this month, but even that is a Wii U port pretty much. I want something unique to the Switch.

All of these games are little indies that have been available on other platforms. They need more big hitters. I know Mario Kart is coming later this month, but even that is a Wii U port pretty much. I want something unique to the Switch.

Splatoon 2 will be coming in the next 3-4 months, and it'll be big. It's Nintendo's next big IP and the first game sold greatly. With Nintendo getting bigger into Esports Splatoon will be at the frontlines.

True though the portability and complete edition(as in, they have all the dlc already) factors help put it over more. And as Total Immortal said, Splatoon 2 is just around the corner. This needs to be mentioned to all here who have the Switch, there is NO EXCUSE to not have Fast RMX if you liked F-Zero GX and we need to start a league or some shit like that for this game.

Should be out today, was originally a Wii U game, now releasing today on NS, PS4, PC, and XB1

Took the kids to the ocean for spring break and brought the Switch along for morning play sessions. Usually bring my Vita for game time on vacation but having the Switch this time around was really great. I have fun on the Vita but you feel like you're playing a hand held. Having the Switch along and having the BotW with my coffee in the mornings felt really awesome to have console quality away from home without having to lug an actual console with me.

Took the kids to the ocean for spring break and brought the Switch along for morning play sessions. Usually bring my Vita for game time on vacation but having the Switch this time around was really great. I have fun on the Vita but you feel like you're playing a hand held. Having the Switch along and having the BotW with my coffee in the mornings felt really awesome to have console quality away from home without having to lug an actual console with me.

That's my general feeling on the Switch too. It doesn't feel like a handheld because it plays like a console...

Anyone think this is legit? I am always wary with go fund me and kickstarters (this one is indiegogo)

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/switchcharge-a-battery-case-for-nintendo-switch#/

povoqpqvpwzthsnc1mmc.jpg

The SwitchCharge is the world’s first multifunctional battery case designed for the Nintendo Switch. It incorporates a high capacity 12,000mAh battery, an improved kickstand, and 2 game card slots.

I saw this yesterday and while I love the battery adaptors for my Vita and 3DS, the price point on this is way to high for me to jump on. Especially as I plan to use my Switch primarily docked in TV mode, and when I do take it places I'm never really so far from an outlet I can't just plug it in.

Does anyone remember when Disgaia 5 comes out in the U.S? I know I can get it from the Japanese eshop but I'd rather have a physical copy. I have it for my PS4 but I barely got started and it feels like it'd be more fun on the go. I'll most likely end up trading in my PS4 copy towards a Switch one at Gamestop.

Does anyone remember when Disgaia 5 comes out in the U.S? I know I can get it from the Japanese eshop but I'd rather have a physical copy. I have it for my PS4 but I barely got started and it feels like it'd be more fun on the go. I'll most likely end up trading in my PS4 copy towards a Switch one at Gamestop.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...gets_a_solid_release_date_for_nintendo_switch

MCV has had confirmation that Disgaea 5 Complete will launch on May 26th.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1358383&page=1

Originally Posted by zeromcd73

Nikkei Interview with Square Enix CEO Matsuda-kun: http://trendy.nikkeibp.co.jp/atcl/co...099/032900007/

- Talks about extending the life of titles through updates and DLC allowing them to continue selling for longer periods of time (FFXV in this case)
- Notes that releasing titles in Japan than waiting several months to release their titles overseas is not a good business strategy, especially for their story/adventure focused titles and continues to note the importance of worldwide releases
- Smartphone titles in the first half of 2016 did poorly, their motto this year is 'something else as they have to stand out and be different from the competition in order to attract users on phones and not just continue making these games using the same templates as they have before
- Smartphone users aren't just looking for light games anymore, but more hardcore experiences
- Japan/China/North America account for 80% of the smartphone market, so no need for worldwide releases for smartphone titles
- Has an interest in the Middle East/India as a potentially large untapped market for the future
- More announcements to come for FF's 30th anniversary
- Notes that 2017 has Nintendo Switch, Xbox Scorpio, Windows 10 game mode and google's Tango
- Out of all of these Square Enix is focusing most on Nintendo Switch

Nikkei Interview with Square Enix CEO Matsuda-kun: http://trendy.nikkeibp.co.jp/atcl/co...099/032900007/

- Talks about extending the life of titles through updates and DLC allowing them to continue selling for longer periods of time (FFXV in this case)
- Notes that releasing titles in Japan than waiting several months to release their titles overseas is not a good business strategy, especially for their story/adventure focused titles and continues to note the importance of worldwide releases
- Smartphone titles in the first half of 2016 did poorly, their motto this year is 'something else as they have to stand out and be different from the competition in order to attract users on phones and not just continue making these games using the same templates as they have before
- Smartphone users aren't just looking for light games anymore, but more hardcore experiences
- Japan/China/North America account for 80% of the smartphone market, so no need for worldwide releases for smartphone titles
- Has an interest in the Middle East/India as a potentially large untapped market for the future
- Notes that 2017 has Nintendo Switch, Xbox Scorpio, Windows 10 game mode and google's Tango

Right on, maybe the Switch can be my "go to" Final Fantasy playing device. Right now it's my Vita since I can play up to FFX/X2, but XII is getting a remaster out in July and I don't think that will hit the Vita. Was planning on picking that up for the PS4, but would gladly pick it up on the Switch instead.

Can't wait to see what's in store for the FF 30th anniversary.

I'd kill for SE to make a classic ACTUAL turn based game again for the Switch. Stop with the ATB bullshit. There's a reason the Bravely series games were so well received. Hell I'd be ok with the third Bravely game being on the Switch.

Maaaaaaaaan they better not be messing with me here. It looks like an NBA Jam type game, and if it is then this, Mario Kart, and Zelda will be enough for me to go out and pick up a Switch TODAY!!!!

Got my Pro Controller yesterday and it feels soooo good. I still think the 360 is the goat, but this right up there in the same caliber. It's a little thicker on the top which kind of surprised me, but I really like it since my fingers sit on the bumper/triggers really well.

My only real complaint about the XB1 controller is they moved the bumpers just a hair, so I have to angle my fingers up a little bit to hit the bumpers and when using them a lot it gets a little uncomfortable.

I need to put in some more time with the Pro Controller but so far I like it more than the XB1 for sheer comfort/ergonomics. As I stand now PS4 > Switch Pro > XB1. I know people have mixed feelings on the Dual Shock 4, but I love it and it's a HUGE upgrade from the DS3.

Back