NFL player donates his entire salary to charity

Exactly. Throwing money at problems where students in say certain areas of Chicago is completely pointless because the majority of them don't want to learn anything and see education as weak, most of them will be dead by gun shots before they know how to read properly. So there's point if they want to be animals.

But obviously pointing funding in the right directions can always be beneficial
The urban schools need role models and mentors for many of these kids. That probably would take a massive amount of volunteers. At a certain age, sometimes it's too late. Maybe not for all. But you're looking at schools full of kids that don't know what it is to act right in a classroom, listen to teachers, behave or do something basic like hand in a writing assignment or hand in homework.

These kids basically need morals, discipline and responsibility training. Cause they got none of it at home.

I've always liked Long as a player, poor guy spent too much of his prime on those mediocre to shit Rams teams.

The urban schools need role models and mentors for monay of these kids. That probably would take a massive amount of volunteers. At a certain age, sometimes it's too late. Maybe not for all. But you're looking at schools full of kids that don't know what it is to act right in a classroom, listen to teachers, behave or do something basic like hand in a writing assignment or hand in homework.

These kids basically need morals, discipline and responsibility training. Cause they got none of it at home.

As a Christian, have you ever considered acting as a mentor in an underprivileged community? I am sure there is a local trailer park or section 8 housing neighborhood that you could volunteer in.

If anything, that makes it more meaningful. The dude is probably not going to increase in value, for him to give up that amount of money this late in to his career is a real sacrifice.
He's made $10M+ in multiple seasons, he won't be hard for cash donating his $1M this season.

Tax credit/public image won't hurt either.

Last edited:
As a Christian, have you ever considered acting as a mentor in an underprivileged community? I am sure there is a local trailer park or section 8 housing neighborhood that you could volunteer in.
I've got 3 kids of my own that I'm raising.

I do volunteer to coach baseball and basketball teams though. So I help some kids out in that way.

What do you disagree with?

rip, you seriously blame a 14 or 16 year old kid for not wanting to learn? I would say 99% of children want to learn in the right structure with the right teacher. Are you blaming the 14 year old for his parents being divorced or his dad being a crack addict?

I would say 99% of children want to learn in the right structure with the right teacher.
Go to some of these urban schools and try to teach.

And you'll have classes full of kids that do not want to learn, can't sit still etc. I know a guy that taught these kids and he told me what it was like.

What % of your salary did you donate?

You can’t compare the average Sherdogger to an NFL’er. If they have played 3-5 seasons and made 5-10 million dollars they are basically set for life. You will have $400,000-$1,000,000 in dividends aline annually to cover you. A tax break and act of charity ensures he has a career after this as a PR guy for some chairty and can bank an extra $250,000-500,000 a year in appearances.

Meanwhile, the guy you’re quoting is lucky to probably be making $60,000/annum.

Go to some of these urban schools and try to teach.

And you'll have classes full of kids that do not want to learn, can't sit still etc.

Have you gone to an urban school and tried to teach?

Or have you gone to any school and tried to teach?

Someone needs to tell these people that kneeling is a sign of submission to a higher power. If you want to make a statement you will stand tall.

Stand tall and put your fist in the air. Reaching across the aisle. I usually do devil horns.

That's a man with a big set of nuts. Good on him. Maybe some of the other guys protesting can do a little more than take a knee to support kaepernicks temper tantrum.

No. But I talked to a guy that did it for a year or too. He said it was awful.

And that the white school administrators are afraid of the black parents. So the schools don't punish the kids like they should. He told me some stories about it. Just laughing and shaking his head. Just that is was terrible. He was flunking kids for not turning in their work and the grades got reversed by administration.

He said the thug white kids were just as bad too.

Good for him. More of these kneelers should follow suit if they want to see real change in these communities. They should talk to Tiger about his foundation and the good it does for kids from these types of neighborhoods.

My wife is a teacher and as part of her master's program she had to teach in poor, urban schools for a year. No amount of education is going to fix the problems those kids are dealing with, literally every aspect of their lives are a fucking train wreck. It's a problem that has many inputs beyond shitty schools.

lol this thread is going to get buried on page 2 shortly because nobody likes positive things.

The problems are complex, there's lots of layers. Money does not solve everything, that's true. I'm not sure exactly what the charities that he chose are, but I do know that he has given scholarships directly to good students to attend schools that they could not previously afford, which directly improves that person's life (and perhaps their entire family) forever.
i appreciate you are trying to have an intelligent honest debate, but why are you attempting to explain to this guy, who is either an
A. troll
B. moron
C. hypocrite
D. all of the above

Last edited:
You can’t compare the average Sherdogger to an NFL’er. If they have played 3-5 seasons and made 5-10 million dollars they are basically set for life. You will have $400,000-$1,000,000 in dividends aline annually to cover you. A tax break and act of charity ensures he has a career after this as a PR guy for some chairty and can bank an extra $250,000-500,000 a year in appearances.

Meanwhile, the guy you’re quoting is lucky to probably be making $60,000/annum.
Considering I've only ever had summer jobs and can't drive yet, $60k would be a miracle.

Hopefully his motive is genuine generosity.

No. But I talked to a guy that did it for a year or too. He said it was awful.

And that the white school administrators are afraid of the black parents. So the schools don't punish the kids like they should. He told me some stories about it. Just laughing and shaking his head. Just that is was terrible. He was flunking kids for not turning in their work and the grades got reversed by administration.

He said the thug white kids were just as bad too.
my sister went for an interview for a teaching job in the Sacramento area in California. The principal of the school she did her substitute duty for (which is required to get a teaching job) gave her all the questions and correct answers to all of the interview questions for the school she was applying for. It was all political liberal BS and we were laughing all night reading the questions and answers.

She gave all the "correct" answers and got the permanent job for a 2nd grade class. You can't even become a teacher now without pretending you are a liberal snowflake.

Back