NFL player donates his entire salary to charity

Bet you he stood for the national anthem too.

He did, with his arm around a player who was protesting to show support and understanding for their beliefs.

He's a thoughtful guy, who does not have any apparent whacky team politics predilection.

As a Christian, have you ever considered acting as a mentor in an underprivileged community? I am sure there is a local trailer park or section 8 housing neighborhood that you could volunteer in.
Shocking that this dig got as many likes as this
I've got 3 kids of my own that I'm raising.

I do volunteer to coach baseball and basketball teams though. So I help some kids out in that way.

Two other guys in this thread are telling people in here that I'm exactly right.
Oh ok so you want to criticise, judge and dismiss from a distance someone that's actually doing something hands on directly

How Jesus would be so proud

NFL player Chris Long has already donated his first 6 game checks to scholarships in the Charlottesville area, and he has now committed to donate his next 10 paychecks to charity to help underprivileged kids.

So he played this entire season for charity.

https://sports.yahoo.com/chris-long-will-donate-every-game-check-2017-charity-134552444.html

A great character guy. I remember right before he was drafted someone asked about possibly being #1 or 2 and he said it didn't matter were he was drafted because either anywhere in the top 10 he'd make more money that he would ever spend in his life.

Suffer what consequences?

A life of poverty, underachievement, and reliance on social service and public assistance..

More and more, children are being taught that they are "victims" and that it's almost always someone else's fault that your life sucks ass.

Personal accountability, earning your keep, applying your self, hard work and other great maxims have been replaced with, "...oh, you aren't where you are because you don't have privilege" or "...you are a victim of white supremacy" and other modes of finger pointing...

Well I'm just keeping people honest... Do you have that source yet or can you admit you misspoke? Admit it and I'll stop

Please continue, because every time you do, I get to inform someone Trump donated 3 million dollars to disaster relief.

Please continue, because every time you do, I get to inform someone Trump donated 3 million dollars to disaster relief.

Oh so now Trump used campaign finances to donate money to someone? Isn't that a felony? Or did he personally donate it out of his pocket? Either way post a link

Oh so now Trump used campaign finances to donate money to someone? Isn't that a felony? Or did he personally donate it out of his pocket? Either way post a link

From cnn of all places. Btw, looks like it was 4 million, one million out of his pocket. It just keeps getting worse for you.

"In Wednesday's announcement obtained by CNN, Barrack said the committee would donate $3 million, evenly divided, to three charities providing relief from recent severe hurricanes that struck the southern US and Puerto Rico.

The recipients were the American Red Cross, the Salvation Army and Samaritan's Purse, Barrack said in the announcement.
The move came weeks after an Associated Press story noted none of the extra money from the inaugural committee had yet gone to charity, while some went toward White House redecoration and the vice presidential residence.
Barrack said the decision to send the money toward hurricane relief was done with Trump's encouragement.
"At this moment of immense catastrophic natural disasters in America, we are humbled to donate to three of the finest relief organizations in America," Barrack said.

The announcement said the committee will continue to make contributions to charity following the initial $3 million.
The White House said in early September that Trump and his wife Melania would personally donate $1 million split between twelve charities for hurricane relief. The Red Cross and the Salvation Army would each receive $300,000 of that total, the White House said."

President Trump has made good on his promise to donate $1 million of his own money to charities helping with Hurricane Harvey relief efforts, The Hill reported Saturday.

The Hill confirmed with multiple groups that they have, in fact, received the president’s donations this week. Among the recipients: The American Red Cross, the Salvation Army, the ASPCA, Catholic Charities, Direct Relief, Habitat for Humanity, the Houston Humane Society, Operation Blessing, Portlight Inclusive Disaster Strategies and Team Rubicon, and two groups associated with Christian ministries — Samaritan’s Purse and Reach Out America.

This whole effort and the students in public school
I'm not really critical of the player. I said he did a very generous thing on page one.

But some students in some public schools, yeah, they need a whole lot more than money can buy. That's just the truth.

I'm not really critical of the player. I said he did a very generous thing on page one.

But some students in some public schools, yeah, they need a whole lot more than money can buy. That's just the truth.

What's the purpose of saying that in this thread. What did you hope to accomplish by making that judgment statement?

What's the purpose of saying that in this thread. What did you hope to accomplish by making that judgment statement?
The player has good intentions but:
That in general, you just can't throw millions in money at the urban schools and expect that these kids will turn out like the kids outside of urban schools.

The player has good intentions but:
That in general, you just can't throw millions in money at the urban schools and expect that these kids will turn out like the kids outside of urban schools.

So you just want to shit on those and deny those who have less and assign them a fate that there is no chance their lives can be improved

Keep the urban down, they're not going to change

So you just want to shit on those and deny those who have less and assign them a fate that there is no chance their lives can be improved

Here are my thoughts on how I'd attack the problems faced in urban schools. It was posted on page 2.

The urban schools need role models and mentors for many of these kids. That probably would take a massive amount of volunteers. At a certain age, sometimes it's too late. Maybe not for all. But you're looking at schools full of kids that don't know what it is to act right in a classroom, listen to teachers, behave or do something basic like hand in a writing assignment or hand in homework.

These kids basically need morals, discipline and responsibility training. Cause they got none of it at home.

I don't think @ripskater is saying that all ...
a lot of these problems in the "urban" lower socio-economic community stem not only from lack of funding and resources...but more importantly, absent and/or lack of parenting...

When you don't have parent(s), encouraging you, supporting you, checking your homework etc, you have no real initiative to get learn, and/or complete your school assignments.

I'm not saying, "fu*k these schools, fuck these people"...I'm saying, and I think Rip is saying, that money will not address the root problems associated with these schools.

I don't think @ripskater is saying that all ...
a lot of these problems in the "urban" lower socio-economic community stem not only from lack of funding and resources...but more importantly, absent and/or lack of parenting...

When you don't have parent(s), encouraging you, supporting you, checking your homework etc, you have no real initiative to get learn, and/or complete your school assignments.

I'm not saying, "fu*k these schools, fuck these people"...I'm saying, and I think Rip is saying, that money will not address the root problems associated with these schools.

I agree with all of this.

And that's not to say that mom doesn't want her kid educated and brought up right. Just that moms at work and dad aint around in a lot of the cases.

Back