NFL Discussion v80: Cousins to raid and pillage the NFC North

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t the eagles want mcadoo before they hired their current coach? Lmao.

iVSncsX.jpg

Which is why I hold back some applause of Big Dick Doug.

He turned out to be the greatest hire in Philly history but it might have been an accident

He's 31 and a product of Aaron....

Ballsy and great move imo

I can't tell if you're being facetious. Jordy is less a product of Aaron than any of our recent receivers.

For a statistical eye-opener: Jordy, despite being a deep threat and having a career YPC of 14.3, has a higher catch rate (66.5%) than Aaron has in career completion percentage (65.1%).

For reference: Davante Adams has a career catch rate of 59% despite having a lower YPC of 11.9.

On this topic: Davante Adams is extremely overrated.

That comes to, by the way:
Jordy Nelson - 9.5 yards per target (66.5 cr, 14.3 ypc)
Davante Adams - 7.02 yards per target (59.1 cr, 11.9 ypc)

It's insane how much better a player Jordy has always been than Cobb or Davante.

I can't tell if you're being facetious. Jordy is less a product of Aaron than any of our recent receivers.

For a statistical eye-opener: Jordy, despite being a deep threat and having a career YPC of 14.3, has a higher catch rate (66.5%) than Aaron has in career completion percentage (65.1%).

For reference: Davante Adams has a career catch rate of 59% despite having a lower YPC of 11.9.

He's 31 and he doesn't have the physical attributes that typically age well (and he burned me last year in fantasy)

He's 31 and he doesn't have the physical attributes that typically age well (and he burned me last year in fantasy)

I completely disagree. Speed was always an overstated part of his game. His best attributes are his incredible body control, steel trap hands, excellent route running, and weird telepathic connection with Rodgers. That's why, even during the first weeks of this past season, he was the league's best red zone receiver.

iVSncsX.jpg

Which is why I hold back some applause of Big Dick Doug.

He turned out to be the greatest hire in Philly history but it might have been an accident
Sometimes you need a little luck. Glad we have Doug.

I completely disagree. Speed was always an overstated part of his game. His best attributes are his incredible body control, steel trap hands, excellent route running, and weird telepathic connection with Rodgers. That's why, even during the first weeks of this past season, he was the league's best red zone receiver.

Looking back on the stats you might be right.
I'm pretty jaded because I used a top pick on Jordy in fantasy and it burned me

Considerably worse. Jordy took a substantial home team discount after prob the most impressive year by a receiver I've ever seen during the 2013 Rodgers Collarbone Pt. 1.

When you hear "pay cut" for a star player, you think 50% voluntary salary reduction tops. Not 90%.

That is terrible karma if you believe in that shit.
And people wonder why players usually go for the highest bidder. Why stay loyal to a team when they do this type of shit.

I definitely get that. I spent a 5th round pick on Martavis Bryant this year

I don't want to say I'm depressed as that'd be fucking weird but not seeing Jordy in a Packers uniform is going to be weird and feel like I've been punched in the gut all next season.

Thats not really accurate. Hes not some physical freak. Dude balls on out routes and comebacks and is a savage on the sidelines.

If anything Id say his style of ball does lend well to age.

And people wonder why players usually go for the highest bidder. Why stay loyal to a team when they do this type of shit.
Us>the players union

Its fucking laughable.

I don't want to say I'm depressed as that'd be fucking weird but not seeing Jordy in a Packers uniform is going to be weird and feel like I've been punched in the gut all next season.

I've been watching the Packers for about 25 years now, and this is the most indignant and gross that I've ever felt about a roster move. Everyone agreed that it was Cobb that should go, since he never lived up to his contract in the first place. Getting rid of Jordy, a consummate team player, is just a bunch in the balls to the entire organization's morale.

I work in labor contract negotiation, and I'm open to the fact that the guaranteed/unguaranteed contract structure has some benefits to both players and fans. But this is a hallmark example of what people picture when they rally against it. This is the epitome of a player honoring his side of the deal and the team not.

But, for the record, it will never change, the nature of the NFL season/career gives the union zero leverage. Last time they struck they lost serious ground.

same with people burning jerseys. doesn’t make sense.

this is a business. there is no loyalty in sports.

Hopefully Jordy goes to a team that will use him right, but he'll probably end up on the Jags or something. It'd be really weird to see him go to a team like the Lions or Seahawks.

Adams is also only 25 years old. And probably half his career targets have come
from Hundley lol. Not a fair comparison with him and Jordy.

Cobb is the overrated one (or was).

Adams is also only 25 years old. And probably half his career targets have come
from Hundley lol. Not a fair comparison with him and Jordy.

Cobb is the overrated one (or was).

Nah, only like 1/8th of his targets are from Hundley, and surprisingly those were by far his most productive.

Analytically, Davante is a very middling receiver. By the eye test, I think he's a quick-not-fast, finesse possession receiver who can't beat man press. But some disagree with my appraisal.

With Aaron, I personally think Jordy and James Jones have both been underrated, and Cobb and Adams have been overrated. We'll see about Geronimo, but I'm inclined to say he'll join the second group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back