NFL Discussion v80: Cousins to raid and pillage the NFC North

Status
Not open for further replies.
A squirrel can fuck a dog in a coon's age.

bd313a4702464b6e5ae782278e02de31.gif

Yikes. If they pick up Barkley in the draft he'd be decent option with Darkwa or Vereen, but that needs a decent offensive line to work too. I feel like the Giants are going to be a mess next season unless Ogletree gets that defense in shape.

Both are FAs. Unless Darkwa wants a lot more than what's offered idk why they wouldn't just use that money on him. Vereen is washed up at this point, not the same weapon he was with the Pats or his first year in NY. Stewart sounds like a good lockerroom leader but at that price with their cap... eh.

Best case scenario for NYG is that they get their QB of the future, field a decent starting lineup. But they won't have much depth unless they absolutely crush this draft.

GIF-laughing-funny-LOL-haha-hehe-hilarious-fun-happy-laugh-Jack-Nicholson-Batman-GIF.gif

Any time I feel even slightly bad for Ben McAdoo I'm just gonna remember this

lol at Geno Shit

ofc McAdumbass would say that

We have a couple Giants fans here right?

Seriously, what in the flying fuck are they doing with RBs? Its nearly on par with Detroit.

Didn’t the eagles want mcadoo before they hired their current coach? Lmao.

GIF-laughing-funny-LOL-haha-hehe-hilarious-fun-happy-laugh-Jack-Nicholson-Batman-GIF.gif

Any time I feel even slightly bad for Ben McAdoo I'm just gonna remember this

I'm not sure which was a worse Coach signing, Tomsula or MacAdoo. You're telling me with the million football coaches in the country that's the best available?

Agree on Darkwa, I thought he had another year or two on his contract, but he seems like a productive fan favorite, my girlfriend is always on his nuts on Twitter. I really thought you guys would get good use out of Vereen when he signed, but that sure didn't pan out. Bet he goes to the Pats and somehow puts up 1000 all-purpose yards.

Honestly one of the most disrespectful moves I've seen in the NFL. And from a fucking rookie GM. "Offered" to let Jordy Nelson stay in Green Bay if he took a 90% pay cut from his prenegotiated contract price.

According to Jason Wilde of ESPN and the Wisconsin State Journal, the Packers offered Nelson a salary nearing the 10-year veteran minimum, but the veteran receiver declined.

The minimum salary for a 10-year NFL veteran is a little over $1 million in 2018. Nelson was scheduled to make $9.25 million in base salary.

Understandably, the former Pro Bowler had no interest in slashing his income by over $8 million.

While Nelson said publicly last season he was open to a potential pay cut to stay in Green Bay, ESPN’s Rob Demovsky reported Tuesday that Nelson was actually opposed to the idea.

Nelson turns 33 in May. He was scheduled to count over a little over $12.5 million on the Packers’ cap in 2018.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018/03/13/report-jordy-nelson-declined-big-pay-cut-from-packers/

@Gregolian

Last edited:
That's fucking retarded.

It's like what TT did to TJ Lang.

Considerably worse. Jordy took a substantial home team discount after prob the most impressive year by a receiver I've ever seen during the 2013 Rodgers Collarbone Pt. 1.

When you hear "pay cut" for a star player, you think 50% voluntary salary reduction tops. Not 90%.

That is terrible karma if you believe in that shit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back