THE NEW MUTANTS Movie (First Critic Review; In Theaters Aug. 28)

If you have seen THE NEW MUTANTS, how would you rate it?

• 9 - Great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 - Good

• 5 - Average/Meh/Mediocre

• 4 - Poor

• 3 - Bad

• 1 - Abysmal

• Total voters
Wow so dark and so much horror that they had to give it a dreaded PG13 rating.

Get the heck out of here.. not buying this stupid comments not for one second.

Sounds like they're taking inspiration from Legion. But you can't really do a PG-13 version of that.

THE MONSTERS WERE ACTUALLY THE HUMANS ALL ALONG!!!

PG-13 "horror" movie? Yeah, I'm ready for Cable to step in and whip these little snots into X-Force.

A hairy teenaged girl IS pretty horrible .....

98cd58c933d8ebc477fed00d4e56fb3f.gif

BITCH, YOU A WEREWOOF.

Anya Taylor-Joy is soon to be one of the best things in movies

Anya Taylor-Joy is soon to be one of the best things in movies
I think she's rather unusual looking. Not in a bad way though, I think she's very attractive.

I've only seen her in The Witch, and she was great. I think that's her first role, so obviously a lot of potential.

I think she's rather unusual looking. Not in a bad way though, I think she's very attractive.

I've only seen her in The Witch, and she was great. I think that's her first role, so obviously a lot of potential.
check her out in Split as well.
she's got great potential. as you say, unusual looking, in the best possible way, and she can act.

I have no doubt it will be horrible.

Wolfsbane worst Xmen character of all time.

Stupid accent, stupid powers, stupid constant drama. Hate wolfsbane since I was a kid.

It could work, but a horror movies shouldn't be limited to PG-13. That being said doesn't need to add anything unnecessary just because they can if rated R.

Update: May 25, 2017

Rosario Dawson in Talks to Play Dr. Cecilia Reyes in X-Men Spinoff NEW MUTANTS

vGVpZUh.jpg

Rosario Dawson is doubling down on her Marvel Comics characters. The actress, who already plays a key role in Netflix's Marvel shows ranging from Daredevil to Luke Cage, is in negotiations to join the cast of Fox's Marvel movie franchise, the X-Men spinoff New Mutants.

The Witch and Splitstar Anya Taylor-Joy and Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams are already signed up for the ensemble young-adult superhero movie being directed by Josh Boone.

Dawson will play Dr. Cecilia Reyes, a medical doctor who has the ability to generate a protective bio-field around herself. The character assumes a mentor role for the group of fledgling heroes.

Last year, speculation surfaced that James McAvoy would return as mentor Professor X and that Alexandra Shipp would return as mentor figure Storm, but those characters are not in the script, according to sources, and the actors are not slated to appear in the movie.

Taylor-Joy is playing Illyana Rasputin, code-named Magik, a girl who has learned sorcery and uses teleportation discs to travel. Williams is Rahne Sinclair, aka Wolfsbane, a girl struggling to reconcile her religious beliefs with her power to turn into a wolf.

The X-Men spinoff will focus on the angst-driven adventures of a diverse group of teens dealing with their newfound powers.

The movie is headed toward an early July start with a script by Boone and his writing partner, Knate Lee. Simon Kinberg and Karen Rosenfelt are producing. New Mutants has a release date of April 13, 2018.

Rosario Dawson in Talks to Star in X-Men Spinoff 'New Mutants'

If they're going to make it a horror movie they should leave a recognizable face like Dawson out. She's not even a good actress imo. Super hot and serviceable, but ...
And this should be rated R if its going to be a horror movie.

I think its going to be like Stranger Days.

The more I think of it, the more I love the idea of this being a horror movie.
Just read that the girl playing Storm will be in this movie; bad idea imo.

Demon Bear, Wendigo, or Belasco could all conjure up some scary scenarios.

The more I think of it, the more I love the idea of this being a horror movie.
Just read that the girl playing Storm will be in this movie; bad idea imo.

Demon Bear, Wendigo, or Belasco could all conjure up some scary scenarios.
I'm optimistic about the horror approach as well, gives this film a distinction from the rest of the CBMs.

Storm is no longer part of the movie according to the latest report.

Back