Movies MADAME WEB (Dragonlord's Review; Bombs with $25.8M in First 6 Days)

If you have seen MADAME WEB, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I didn’t see it but I’d give it a watch based on the fact that it sounds fun from most of the responses I’ve heard. Can’t be said for all these recent superhero films.

Obviously there’s a lot of subjectivity here though. I’ve heard some people on the forums speak of it like it was a breath of fresh air in an increasingly stale genre and I’ve heard others frame it as thought it’s on the verge of unwatchable.

I like Lopez though. I feel comedians like Lopez and Fluffy might not be among my favorites but I like that they give entertaining cultural and familial insights.
Lopez was easily the shining star of the movie imo.

it doesn’t surprise me that opinions here are split, but i def leaned positive experience by the time the credits rolled. there’s a lot that is very much a retread of common superhero movie tropes, & i can’t disagree w/ the complaints about the look of the movie (not as bad as the cw shows like some claim though), but the overall product was enjoyable for the most part

didn’t look great, but the suit was cool & the movie was pretty fun overall imo. i thought george lopez was on fire & the rest of the supporting cast was given at least enough development where it felt like an actual movie
I felt like I was watching an amalgam of Iron Man 1 and Antman 1 with the viva LA Raza flair

not in a good way.

Lopez was the cuckoo inbred sounding/looking uncle who somehow had flashes of Tony Stark brilliance.

I liked it. Contrary to the popular "madam web is woke" narrative, I think it was a bog standard, regressive movie, and I liked it fine.

I haven't seen any since the Andrew Garfield ones which were alright. Marvel just became oversaturated imo and got boring. Every movie was a just a CGI fest where every single character had to tell jokes for some reason.
If you haven't seen any, whose opinion are you parroting ?

Nepotism is receiving preferential treatment and/or opportunities based on kinship or familial relations.

Growing up in LA and growing up in LA when your parents and stepparent are very well known movie starts are very different experiences.

She is getting access to contacts and business connections most people in her industry could only dream off, based solely on who her parents are.

Well by that definition, literally everyone benefits from nepotism unless you're an orphan.

I saw on the internet DiBonaventura was involved, so not surprised since he fooked up live action GI Joe. Needs a career change.

My girlfriend wanted to watch this and I pretty much had to since I took her to Imaginary. This was just as bad as I expected even with super low expectations. DJ is not a good actress but she was extra bad here, the amount of winks and nudges they threw in to spiderman was like they were high fiving behind the camera thinking the viewer would eat it up instead of focusing on building their own characters.

The bad guy had some terrible dubbing going on and it was like watching a late night foreign film on tbs back in the day. As the story was going on I'm sitting there wondering more why her friends think she's a weirdo instead of being concerned that she had a life threatening accident, so yea very uninteresting story. No wonder everyone involved in this movie is trashing it, they could have made a basic fun story, hell even make it lean into the horror side with the kills but instead we got this.

i can't believe people think this is a movie. it's a one and a half hour student project or something. i watched it and i thought it was a prank.

you could have filmed the pile of money spent to make this thing burn and it would have been a more meaningful watching experience.

This movie was really really good. It was very different and unique and it spent a lot of time developing the characters but not in a way that seemed forced. It was very natural.

I found all four of the characters very interesting and well acted and I thought they all had really good chemistry together too.

I read reviews on it after I watched it and I cannot believe how terrible the reviews are and I feel like they're not watching the same show.

This movie was really really good. It was very different and unique and it spent a lot of time developing the characters but not in a way that seemed forced. It was very natural.

I found all four of the characters very interesting and well acted and I thought they all had really good chemistry together too.

I read reviews on it after I watched it and I cannot believe how terrible the reviews are and I feel like they're not watching the same show.
<{Joewithit}>

People are calling it woke, probably didn't even watch the movie.

Hey I hate wokeism as much as anyone, but the most woke thing about this movie was the diverse cast I guess. The latina spider girl didn't speak Spanish or even have an accent or anything

People are calling it woke, probably didn't even watch the movie.

Hey I hate wokeism as much as anyone, but the most woke thing about this movie was the diverse cast I guess. The latina spider girl didn't speak Spanish or even have an accent or anything
Yeah there was nothing woke about it and there was nothing forced about the diversity of the stars or that they were women.

My family and I thoroughly enjoyed that show.

Back