Nationalism is growing rapidly in Italy and becoming violently anti immigrant

Syrian girl (ironic?) I'm dating was harassed by two African immigrants in Italy. They put a cheap bracelet on her wrist like they were sexy (they must get American tv where they live) and like she would be grateful they were touching her. She said no thanks and he kept putting it on talking about how important it was in his country. She walked away and got followed for a couple hundred yards talking crap and asking for money. Her friend confirmed the story.

Not wanting unvetted migrants from violent third world countries to freely enter your country and claim welfare checks... that's not nationalism, that's called being sane.

The fracturing and permeation of yellow journalism is as much to blame as anything, from what I've read. Even if you were bringing in migrants who were committing crime at a markedly lower rate than native citizens (an unrealistic expectation, to be sure) you'd still have the same type of nationalist outrage due to the ability of nationalist outlets to spam violent crime stories and make it seem like an imminently threatening epidemic. I mean, the WR is a good enough example: for a period we were getting "rapefugee" crime stories daily: isolated crimes that would never had made any meaningful waves if the perpetrator were not foreign.

When an old culture is inundated with a new culture it rightfully makes a lot of people uncomfortable.

At home no one wants to feel like a tourist.

Doubly so when a lot of the immigrants are tightly knit, often part of a terror/violence political culture, and allow gangs to take over a lot of the streets.

As well, however much of this is yellow journalism, or not...

The migrants remain, whether the home culture wants them or not. What would that make most people feel about those in power? Those far from the clash of cultures behind gates and fences?

It is easy for us all to talk about assimilation and embracing a different culture, quite another to try and navigate an alien way of thinking that touches down in our backyards. We might see what is happening to our backyards and feel resentment, rather than an idealized and many times self-righteous sentiment that we must empower strangers over vague notions of the hardships of the past.

I for one, would honestly be very upset, and I do not upset easily.

I for one, would honestly be very upset, and I do not upset easily.

trudeau2.png

There is no need to be upset.

You don't see how this is illogical? Relocating a population isn't going to magically make it perfect, nor should it magnify the inevitable incidence of criminality through some moralistic white savior lens. Even if you were taking in the most highly affluent and educated group, and even if you were setting aside problems with culture, with logistical difficulties, and with subsequent poverty and lack of economic viability, the laws of nature would still yield that some would engage in criminal behavior by a matter of numbers. Do you then think, for instance, that America turning away Holocaust refugee Jews was okay because it wasn't realistic to expect that, of the millions in need of a home, none would engage in criminal behavior?

I mean....you see why that paternalistic indignation is inherently very shitty and stupid, right? It feeds in to a line of thinking that not only unfairly prejudges along ethnic and racial lines, but in fact makes any sort of humanitarian policy unfeasible.

As far as the rest of your post, it just seemed to me to be anecdotes that I cannot verify, but which certainly don't match up with my own experiences with Middle Eastern and North African migrants, and conjecture on how we should ignore the plights of fellow humans for fear of the reaction of our own moronic countrymen. That's shifting the blame from one group, which is completely worthy of criticism on the matter, to another who are completely unrelated to it. If right-wing nationalism begins to rear its head, it's not up to us to scapegoat and expel helpless people: it's up to us to introduce the nationalists' heads to the pavement ourselves.
Here's the thing though Trotsky. Regardless of your own personal feelings on the matter their own feelings about whats going on are just as valid in regards to how they view what has and is currently unfolding within any of their nations. They are citizens too and you may not like it and actively wish, or in fact act to oppose it, but they have just as much right as you or any citizen does to fight for what they believe is in the best interest of their nation.

Just as much as they don't have the right to speak for the whole nation neither do you. Anyone in opposition has two options, gather together and vote for the policies they want and the direction they believe is best for their country or fight even if that means taking up arms.

Oh yeah...EU, so I guess that last options out....

Can't feel sorry for people that want to destroy their own country.

Yeah, I think Italy is facing bigger issues than Islam. Is organized crime still a thing in Italy? <26>

Considering half their economy is black market goods, id say so

Much of this outrage and backlash against immigrants came after an 18 year old girl was brutally murdered by an Nigerian immigrant. With no economic growth and not trusting the EU have allowed nationalist parties in Italy to get a lot of support. The problems immigrants are causing in Italy are pushing many Italians to support ethnic nationalism. How will the EU address this issues or they let Italy leave the EU if they vote in a nationalist party?
Where's a link? Bloggy OPs abound, lately.

too little too late, already fucked up by letting George Soros funded boats ferry africans back and forth all day everyday for years.

Lake Como is a fucking disaster now and used to be one of my favorite spots in the world.

So what would Italy's future look like should they leave the EU?
Sure sounds good to leave but. How are they planning on stopping the boats? And what are they going to do with all the migrants that can't move on further North?
That will be even worse than it is now. And that is just the migrant crisis. Doesn't include all the Italiens living in Europe.
Or the bankruptcy of Italy and the collapse of the banks.
How would they fund the missions to stop all those migrants without the help of other EU countries?

I can understand why someone might sympathize with the idea. But has anyone brought forward any actual policy proposal?
Or will this be a Brexit situation just without their own currency so 10 times worse?

Who would have thought that people don't like their country turning into an African shithole.

Imagine making people take in refugees that have no intention of assimilating to your culture and the locals aren't in favor of it.

Pretty crazy result eh?
You mean like italians did when they came to the US and Canada?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back