Nationalism is growing rapidly in Italy and becoming violently anti immigrant

I know that when I was in Italy, the only trouble we had was with non native Italians. My wife and i were followed in Florence, and as we entered an alley, two men sped up and were looking at each other and another man who ran ahead. They were trying to surround us in a dark alley and would have robbed us, likely using a knife, had I not realized what was happening and we got the fuck out of there. When we re-entered the crowded tourist area, we watched the third guy come running to the place where we came out, then he was met by the other two, and they were watching us. I may have smiled at them, and waved with my finger, which seemed to piss them off. The last day, we got into an argument while haggling over the price of a fake leather jacket. After being insulted by the man, I called his wares trash and told him to get fucked. Then, some jihadi looking guy showed up and followed us for a bit, making sure we enjoyed our last afternoon in Italy.

We will go back some day, but based upon what we saw in Florence, they have a bit of an immigration problem, and maybe the new emigrants are not the type you want coming to your country.

I know that when I was in Italy, the only trouble we had was with non native Italians. My wife and i were followed in Florence, and as we entered an alley, two men sped up and were looking at each other and another man who ran ahead. They were trying to surround us in a dark alley and would have robbed us, likely using a knife, had I not realized what was happening and we got the fuck out of there. When we re-entered the crowded tourist area, we watched the third guy come running to the place where we came out, then he was met by the other two, and they were watching us. I may have smiled at them, and waved with my finger, which seemed to piss them off. The last day, we got into an argument while haggling over the price of a fake leather jacket. After being insulted by the man, I called his wares trash and told him to get fucked. Then, some jihadi looking guy showed up and followed us for a bit, making sure we enjoyed our last afternoon in Italy.

We will go back some day, but based upon what we saw in Florence, they have a bit of an immigration problem, and maybe the new emigrants are not the type you want coming to your country.

They've got some gypsies who've been taking advantage of tourists for decades. Especially in Rome. They don't have some recent immigration problem.

Colour me surprised; Italy literally invented Fascism:)

Imagine making people take in refugees that have no intention of assimilating to your culture and the locals aren't in favor of it.

Pretty crazy result eh?

Even with overpopulation, number or jobs, economic strain. They have every right to question who would not study these things before opening the flood gates

Pretty sure Italy has been in a crisis since before the refugees were an issue

Rigit, there were always just getting by.
Where are the studies on over population , or economic strain , number of jobs before they take in these ....

Rigit, there were always just getting by.
Where are the studies on over population , or economic strain , number of jobs before they take in these ....

were they just getting by? pretty sure the WorldBank ( especially Germany) was floating their country and forcing massive austerity onto them.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-rules-on-bad-debt-imfs-thomsen-idUSKBN1CI1SU

their problem isnt the refugees. the foreigners are just a convenient scapegoat because they are in bad times.

It's Italy and France fault.

They chose to leave after they intervened to overthrow Ghaddafi and left the tribal militias run the Balkanized country.

They share the seas with Libya so they could've set up a navy base in their coast and run the port until the country's stability is restored so none of these would've happen.

The fracturing and permeation of yellow journalism is as much to blame as anything, from what I've read. Even if you were bringing in migrants who were committing crime at a markedly lower rate than native citizens (an unrealistic expectation, to be sure) you'd still have the same type of nationalist outrage due to the ability of nationalist outlets to spam violent crime stories and make it seem like an imminently threatening epidemic. I mean, the WR is a good enough example: for a period we were getting "rapefugee" crime stories daily: isolated crimes that would never had made any meaningful waves if the perpetrator were not foreign.

Your statistics are dead wrong. Do you speak Italian?

Much of this outrage and backlash against immigrants came after an 18 year old girl was brutally murdered by an Nigerian immigrant. With no economic growth and not trusting the EU have allowed nationalist parties in Italy to get a lot of support. The problems immigrants are causing in Italy are pushing many Italians to support ethnic nationalism. How will the EU address this issues or they let Italy leave the EU if they vote in a nationalist party?

They have 2 options..

1) support local nationalists

or

2) support the EU's population replacement scheme in flooding Europe with the third world.

I know which one I would take .
A party that favours your own interests or a party that turns you into some welfare state for economic migrants..

Well, the Italiens don't really have the option to leave the EU.
I mean how would that even look like they would immediately be bankrupt because they don't have their own currency and all the banks would collapse.

What the Italien need is some good old German fiscal regulations. Because Italiens have been the economic migrants 50 years ago.
And they still haven't figured things out. EU finance regulation is a good thing for those kinds of countries.
I do however understand that they don't want all those Africans. But that is their own fault not the fault of the EU.
But the EU should do more to help them.

The brainwashing, lies and propaganda will only go so far because at the end of the day people still know what they see with their own eyes and won't deny it.

Good for them. keep your non nationalism stuff in the anglo west and usa canada uk

A little bit of nationalism would be very healthy for Europe right now.

I wonder if it has always been because the foreigners are welfare parasites and criminals, or if it's only this time.
I would say this likely also the immigrants do not respect the countries culture and laws they are in. Several of this immigrants are making no effort to learn the language of the countries they live in.

Italy, like greece, got raped by her eu neighbours to the north. Now the immigrants will take the blame and everyone will say "why can't you be more like germany?"

Naw.. immigrants will do things on their own that require blame. You can't just throw a ton of Africans in Italy dude, sorry. I don't think Nigeria should be forced to settle a million Italians, either.

Back