Nationalism is growing rapidly in Italy and becoming violently anti immigrant

White Whale

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Much of this outrage and backlash against immigrants came after an 18 year old girl was brutally murdered by an Nigerian immigrant. With no economic growth and not trusting the EU have allowed nationalist parties in Italy to get a lot of support. The problems immigrants are causing in Italy are pushing many Italians to support ethnic nationalism. How will the EU address this issues or they let Italy leave the EU if they vote in a nationalist party?

Imagine making people take in refugees that have no intention of assimilating to your culture and the locals aren't in favor of it.

Pretty crazy result eh?

Italy, like greece, got raped by her eu neighbours to the north. Now the immigrants will take the blame and everyone will say "why can't you be more like germany?"

The fracturing and permeation of yellow journalism is as much to blame as anything, from what I've read. Even if you were bringing in migrants who were committing crime at a markedly lower rate than native citizens (an unrealistic expectation, to be sure) you'd still have the same type of nationalist outrage due to the ability of nationalist outlets to spam violent crime stories and make it seem like an imminently threatening epidemic. I mean, the WR is a good enough example: for a period we were getting "rapefugee" crime stories daily: isolated crimes that would never had made any meaningful waves if the perpetrator were not foreign.

Italy is suffering economically big time
History show us when countries suffer this way, they always turn to nationalism and blame the foreigners.

Here are some videos about it what is going on in video. Keep in mind the videos below where made by right wing people.

Seems like anti-semitism growing too. At a few games in Serie A, fans were chanting anti-semitic slogans

The fracturing and permeation of yellow journalism is as much to blame as anything, from what I've read. Even if you were bringing in migrants who were committing crime at a markedly lower rate than native citizens (an unrealistic expectation, to be sure) you'd still have the same type of nationalist outrage due to the ability of nationalist outlets to spam violent crime stories and make it seem like an imminently threatening epidemic. I mean, the WR is a good enough example: for a period we were getting "rapefugee" crime stories daily: isolated crimes that would never had made any meaningful waves if the perpetrator were not foreign.
Yes. There would have been less outrage if the perpetrators weren't taken in, fed and housed, and as repayment for generosity some raped and killed. How would you feel if your kindness was repaid by spitting in your face?

Nationalist outrage? I personally talked to people who tried to help migrants and were rewarded, literally with phlegm in the face. Cologne new years sexual assaults wasn't some contrived story to manufacture outrage. In fact it was actively repressed by the media. The area surrounding the Calais jungle, and the migrants there swarming and damaging trucks wasn't imagined. Budapest train station wasn't a dream. Neither were countless stories of migrants behaving badly along the Balkan Route.

As the flow of migrants has slowed down, so have these stories. That's no coincidence.

But, nevermind all that. You know what 1st came to my mind in 2015 when the migrant crisis really gathered steam? Not a fear that Europe would be swarmed. It was the fear that Euros will Euro and the "cure" to the problem would be worse than the problem itself. Yeah, the migrant crisis is bad, but the reaction and pushback could be much worse. Nobody wants rabbid nationalism to rear its ugly head in Europe, and those in power who allowed this issue to get so far out of hand should have known that it could be an unintended consequence. People can get downright ugly when they feel slighted or backed into a corner. No bueno.

The EU has to really crack down on human smugglers and the NGOs who are ferrying illegals into Europe or nationalism will grow.

Yes. There would have been less outrage if the perpetrators weren't taken in, fed and housed, and as repayment for generosity some raped and killed. How would you feel if your kindness was repaid by spitting in your face?

You don't see how this is illogical? Relocating a population isn't going to magically make it perfect, nor should it magnify the inevitable incidence of criminality through some moralistic white savior lens. Even if you were taking in the most highly affluent and educated group, and even if you were setting aside problems with culture, with logistical difficulties, and with subsequent poverty and lack of economic viability, the laws of nature would still yield that some would engage in criminal behavior by a matter of numbers. Do you then think, for instance, that America turning away Holocaust refugee Jews was okay because it wasn't realistic to expect that, of the millions in need of a home, none would engage in criminal behavior?

I mean....you see why that paternalistic indignation is inherently very shitty and stupid, right? It feeds in to a line of thinking that not only unfairly prejudges along ethnic and racial lines, but in fact makes any sort of humanitarian policy unfeasible.

As far as the rest of your post, it just seemed to me to be anecdotes that I cannot verify, but which certainly don't match up with my own experiences with Middle Eastern and North African migrants, and conjecture on how we should ignore the plights of fellow humans for fear of the reaction of our own moronic countrymen. That's shifting the blame from one group, which is completely worthy of criticism on the matter, to another who are completely unrelated to it. If right-wing nationalism begins to rear its head, it's not up to us to scapegoat and expel helpless people: it's up to us to introduce the nationalists' heads to the pavement ourselves.

The guy in the first video doesn't know wtf he's talking about, the third most important topic in Italy is ''Islam'' now apparently ahah; those basement dwellers pandering to a bunch of other clueless simpletons on youtube from a point of complete ignorance have really struck a goldmine: Have some frog memes, take some bs headline, never go into the technical details of the matter (that would require studying it, that's boring), appeal to the lowest common denominator with nothing but vague pandering and populism = rake in that mad youtube cash.
Also, Salvini is a complete retard, and nobody but the bottom of the barrel of society takes him seriously.

Last edited:
You don't see how this is illogical? Relocating a population isn't going to magically make it perfect, nor should it magnify the inevitable incidence of criminality through some moralistic white savior lens. Even if you were taking in the most highly affluent and educated group, and even if you were setting aside problems with culture, with logistical difficulties, and with subsequent poverty and lack of economic viability, the laws of nature would still yield that some would engage in criminal behavior by a matter of numbers. Do you then think, for instance, that America turning away Holocaust refugee Jews was okay because it wasn't realistic to expect that, of the millions in need of a home, none would engage in criminal behavior?

I mean....you see why that paternalistic indignation is inherently very shitty and stupid, right? It feeds in to a line of thinking that not only unfairly prejudges along ethnic and racial lines, but in fact makes any sort of humanitarian policy unfeasible.

As far as the rest of your post, it just seemed to me to be anecdotes that I cannot verify, but which certainly don't match up with my own experiences with Middle Eastern and North African migrants, and conjecture on how we should ignore the plights of fellow humans for fear of the reaction of our own moronic countrymen. That's shifting the blame from one group, which is completely worthy of criticism on the matter, to another who are completely unrelated to it. If right-wing nationalism begins to rear its head, it's not up to us to scapegoat and expel helpless people: it's up to us to introduce the nationalists' heads to the pavement ourselves.
You're not so far removed from humanity to not see how migrants causing a ruckus would seem like adding insult to injury. Lets not compare a fairly well educated refugee people to the majority single, young, uneducated migrants who are going to Europe. Nobody is asking for perfection, they're asking for decent behavior. You know, don't riot if you're out of Nutella, don't rape hosts, etc.

And no, it's not the majority being ingrates, but enough to smear their fellows with unsavory judgement. I spent 6 months in a refugee/immigrant camp in Austria as a kid, and believe it or not we were grateful and kept our heads down. Probably had something to do with the fact that it was mostly families, and not single men.

Paternalistic indignation is right on the money in this case. Or would you be happy if your houseguests, those you're giving a hand up, took advantage of you? No, I'm betting you wouldn't.

Not anecdotal, but well documented. Your assertion otherwise shows bias or ignorance of the topic at hand. I know and have met quite a few MENA immigrants and refugees here in Canada. Mostly families or educated folks. It's a different story on the borders of the EU.

You're not so far removed from humanity to not see how migrants causing a ruckus would seem like adding insult to injury. Lets not compare a fairly well educated refugee people to the majority single, young, uneducated migrants who are going to Europe. Nobody is asking for perfection, they're asking for decent behavior. You know, don't riot if you're out of Nutella, don't rape hosts, etc.

And no, it's not the majority being ingrates, but enough to smear their fellows with unsavory judgement. I spent 6 months in a refugee/immigrant camp in Austria as a kid, and believe it or not we were grateful and kept our heads down. Probably had something to do with the fact that it was mostly families, and not single men.

Paternalistic indignation is right on the money in this case. Or would you be happy if your houseguests, those you're giving a hand up, took advantage of you? No, I'm betting you wouldn't.

Not anecdotal, but well documented. Your assertion otherwise shows bias or ignorance of the topic at hand. I know and have met quite a few MENA immigrants and refugees here in Canada. Mostly families or educated folks. It's a different story on the borders of the EU.
The first wave of migrants from Syria were disproportionately educated. Who do you think could afford to pay smugglers first, doctors or janitors? Poorer, less educated folks left Syria in greater numbers later as they had to save money.

To be fair, having a higher proportion of educated individuals doesn't mean most were and not all migrants came from Syria, many were economic migrants who would be less likely to be educated.

The first wave of migrants from Syria were disproportionately educated. Who do you think could afford to pay smugglers first, doctors or janitors? Poorer, less educated folks left Syria in greater numbers later as they had to save money.

To be fair, having a higher proportion of educated individuals doesn't mean most were and not all migrants came from Syria, many were economic migrants who would be less likely to be educated.
1st wave were legit refugees by all accounts and were made up of families. I've never spoken out against helping people in need, nor am I against immigration.

To sum up my problem with the whole fiasco - too many unknowns, in too small a timeframe.

But, I have to call it a night, it's 2:30 and I have an early morning.

The guy in the first video doesn't know wtf he's talking about, the third most important topic in Italy is ''Islam'' now apparently ahah;
Yeah, I think Italy is facing bigger issues than Islam. Is organized crime still a thing in Italy? <26>

or do this. We will return to this one day.

If the economy is not doing all that well do not bring in some of the worlds poorest and most useless people. Its that simple, its the misguided left who have given us the idea of the nice smiling African. In Melbourne turns out the Sudanese have been nothing but trouble but then again theres poor whites who commit crimes so what does it matter.

Those rapefugee stories still go on, germany has just kept a lid on it. For now.

Last edited:
The guy in the first video doesn't know wtf he's talking about, the third most important topic in Italy is ''Islam'' now apparently ahah; those basement dwellers pandering to a bunch of other clueless simpletons on youtube from a point of complete ignorance have really struck a goldmine: Have some frog memes, take some bs headline, never go into the technical details of the matter (that would require studying it, that's boring), appeal to the lowest common denominator with nothing but vague pandering and populism = rake in that mad youtube cash.
Also, Salvini is a complete retard, and nobody but the bottom of the barrel of society takes him seriously.

Yeeeeehhh Its almost a certainty that the left has worked out the technical details when it comes to half of Eritrea heading towards your country.

Pretty sure Italy has been in a crisis since before the refugees were an issue

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back