Name a non-boxer who you think would have done better vs Floyd than Conor did?

Ronda vs. Floyd bare knuckle!!

ronda-rousey-terrible-boxing-2.gif
Dayum that Edmond's Twisting Wrist Technique is legit

A one who can make the weight obviously. Lets see if there is anyone on this planet or is Conor just that unique talent.

GSP has been training with Roach for years. Cut might be an issue but he wouldn’t get finished by Money “No finishes” Mayweather.

Nate/Nick Diaz because they have endurance for 30 rounds and don’t feel pain.

Motivated prime BJ Penn.

Yeah, yeah. OK then. Floyd took Conor 100% seriously, was 100% trying in those first few rounds and Conor won them legitimately, not because Floyd let him and didn't care. Floyd was also really impressed and scared by Conor's devastating power, which was amazing.

Whatever makes you feel better lol.

You got it otherwise right but Floyd wasnt scared of Conors power. But yeah, making excuses for Floyd losing those early rounds really is pathetic. Cheers.

A one who can make the weight obviously. Lets see if there is anyone on this planet or is Conor just that unique talent.

Floyds gameplan came out of a lack of respect for conors punching and certainty that conor would gas. To enable conor to gas he had to let him throw punches. Conor didnt do well, the punches he threw harmed himself more than floyd. Every punch conor threw was money in the bank for floyd. Its almost as if floyd scored a point for every punch conor threw.

All conor did was throw weak arm punches and illegal blows the whole fight. He got finished by a guy who never finished anyone in 10 years and even at that floyd came completely out of his famous style to do this, floyd did not even fight a boxing match, it was literally a showcase against an amateur.

This far removed from the event you have had every chance to review what happened and see it for what it is. The only way conor can be considered to have done well is financially

Floyd would embarrass any mixed martial artists in a boxing cage.

The haters refuse to admit it but all their heroes most likely would have done worse. Cody would have probably been KO'ed inside 3 rounds, even with Mayweather not trying.

Floyds gameplan came out of a lack of respect for conors punching and certainty that conor would gas. To enable conor to gas he had to let him throw punches. Conor didnt do well, the punches he threw harmed himself more than floyd. Every punch conor threw was money in the bank for floyd. Its almost as if floyd scored a point for every punch conor threw.

All conor did was throw weak arm punches and illegal blows the whole fight. He got finished by a guy who never finished anyone in 10 years and even at that floyd came completely out of his famous style to do this, floyd did not even fight a boxing match, it was literally a showcase against an amateur.

This far removed from the event you have had every chance to review what happened and see it for what it is. The only way conor can be considered to have done well is financially

You didnt answer the question which was: Which non-boxer would have done better?

You didnt answer the question which was: Which non-boxer would have done better?
myself

i have a far better boxing record than conor, i actually did box, didn't pretend i was an amateur like conor (to hype the mismatch payday)

there. answered your question.

floyd would have fought different against a different opponent. we cant gauge how "well" conor did because he did 100% of what floyd wanted him to do. any mma fighter with an actual gas tank would present a completely different set of problems for floyd to solve, and in that case we are looking at a completely different fight. we arent comparing an apple with a better apple here

That's all fair, if you actually believe Floyd let Conor win a few rounds. I don't think he did - why would he? To set up a possible rematch?

Because Floyd knew he was in total control, that Conor posed no threat and that it wasn't going the distance so the score cards didn't matter. He treated it like an exhibition, put on a a show for the fans, let Conor tire himself out in the process and then stopped it when he stepped it up.

Pathetic.

what that dude said is literally what happened. you think that floyd was in there struggling with conor in those early rounds, or just waiting for him to gas like he does every fucking time? conor was flopping around like a suffocating fish at the end of the fight, just like he did in the second nate fight.

when i see this i cant help hearing kavanagh saying "FOOL REKOOVERY CONAH, FOOL REEKOOVERY"

Dog%2Btrying%2Bto%2Bsave%2Ba%2Bfish%2Bfrom%2Bdying%2521.gif

Because Floyd knew he was in total control, that Conor posed no threat and that it wasn't going the distance so the score cards didn't matter. He treated it like an exhibition, put on a a show for the fans, let Conor tire himself out in the process and then stopped it when he stepped it up.

But what would be his reasoning for not trying to knock out Conor in the first? Or to look even more superior by not losing rounds, at least?

The obvious reason is that he was actually trying to avoid getting knocked out in the first couple of rounds, hence being pretty tentative, cuz he knew he was gonna get the better of Conor once passed the first few rounds.

That doesn't mean Floyd "carried" Conor.

floyd would have fought different against a different opponent. we cant gauge how "well" conor did because he did 100% of what floyd wanted him to do. any mma fighter with an actual gas tank would present a completely different set of problems for floyd to solve, and in that case we are looking at a completely different fight. we arent comparing an apple with a better apple here

what that dude said is literally what happened. you think that floyd was in there struggling with conor in those early rounds, or just waiting for him to gas like he does every fucking time? conor was flopping around like a suffocating fish at the end of the fight, just like he did in the second nate fight.

when i see this i cant help hearing kavanagh saying "FOOL REKOOVERY CONAH, FOOL REEKOOVERY"

1d5c8f99_the-denial-is-strong-with-this-one.jpg.png

But what would be his reasoning for not trying to knock out Conor in the first? Or to look even more superior by not losing rounds, at least?

The obvious reason is that he was actually trying to avoid getting knocked out in the first couple of rounds, hence being pretty tentative, cuz he knew he was gonna get the better of Conor once passed the first few rounds.

Exactly. Its fucking hilarious Conor haters cant admit that.

And Floyd got countered multiple times in the head and body in the first few rounds when he actually tried to land something on Conor. But his haters probably say that was for the show as well, lol.

GSP has been training with Roach for years. Cut might be an issue but he wouldn’t get finished by Money “No finishes” Mayweather.

Nate/Nick Diaz because they have endurance for 30 rounds and don’t feel pain.

Motivated prime BJ Penn.

trolling, right?

if not - talented fighters, but not that talented.. and Nick doesn't even count, naturally like 40+lbs heavier than Floyd. IF Conor had some good cardio, he might have been able to make it the full fight.. might.. Conor is an amazing fighter, but never will be on Floyd's level. Sorry.. and I like Conor. Like all those fighters you mentioned, but let's be realistic!

In rounds 1, 2 and 3 Floyd threw 5, 10 and 12 punches. Even in round 4 when he 'stepped it up' he still only threw 31, which is nothing. How can you possibly think he was trying?

Do you really think Floyd was more wary of Conor and his power than he was about guys like Canelo, Maidana, Mosley, Judah, De La Hoya etc? Come on ffs lol. And why would he be? When it's quite obvious that by boxing standards, Conor punches like a girl.

And if Conor says himself he gave Floyd the tko win would you believe Conor as well? Otherwise whats your point?

My point is that you were calling the other sherdogger pathetic while he was just stating what Floyd himself said.

I've enjoyed Conor's fights in MMA so far but I admit I didn't even bother watching the "fight" with Mayweather.

And no, I would hardly believe Conor he lost on purpose, but could believe an exceptionnal boxer taking it easy on a guy with no experience so that viewers have something to Watch.

Also, everyone would be happy with the outcome.
Boxing fans would be happy their guy won.
Conor fans could enjoy the fact Conor lasted that much.

And Conor and Floyd have millions of reasons to be happy.

In rounds 1, 2 and 3 Floyd threw 5, 10 and 12 punches. Even in round 4 when he 'stepped it up' he still only threw 31, which is nothing. How can you possibly think he was trying?

Do you really think Floyd was more wary of Conor and his power than he was about guys like Canelo, Maidana, Mosley, Judah, De La Hoya etc? Come on ffs lol. And why would he be? When it's quite obvious that by boxing standards, Conor punches like a girl.

He was coming back after retirement. And he was facing an opponent that was rather unconventional. Why risk getting caught? Wouldn't that be the most obvious explanation for Floyd not being overly aggressive in the first few rounds?

Why would he "carry Conor". What would be the reasoning for doing so?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back