Name a non-boxer who you think would have done better vs Floyd than Conor did?

Melas Chasma

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
A one who can make the weight obviously. Lets see if there is anyone on this planet or is Conor just that unique talent.

Ronda, of course under certain circumstances.

Conor, when all is said and done, and we're being serious, did better than expected. He won a few rounds - no one expected that. Hell, a few so called boxing experts expected that he wouldn't land a punch.

Floyd clowned the first few rounds, did nothing, let Conor have his moment in the sun and then stopped him when he put his foot down. That could be done with almost anyone.

giphy.gif

Well Nate Diaz outstruck Conor with hands, so I guess Nate Diaz.

Prime Lyoto Machida.

It would be boring as fuck but he'd drag it out to a decision for sure with all that evading.

Conor, when all is said and done, and we're being serious, did better than expected. He won a few rounds - no one expected that. Hell, a few so called boxing experts expected that he wouldn't land a punch.
Its not that I didn't expect Conor to win a few rounds. Its that I didn't expect Floyd to carry Conor which led to Conor winning a few rounds.

Pathetic.

Yeah, yeah. OK then. Floyd took Conor 100% seriously, was 100% trying in those first few rounds and Conor won them legitimately, not because Floyd let him and didn't care. Floyd was also really impressed and scared by Conor's devastating power, which was amazing.

Whatever makes you feel better lol.

do you idiots really think conor was a problem?

floyd sat back and carried him
had it been someone like manny, conor would have been flat on his ass in 2 rounds

Well Nate Diaz outstruck Conor with hands, so I guess Nate Diaz.

Its possible Nate would have lasted the whole 12 rounds because of his cardio, but in terms of significant strikes absorbed he would have probably taken a much worse one sided beating.

Its not that I didn't expect Conor to win a few rounds. Its that I didn't expect Floyd to carry Conor which led to Conor winning a few rounds.

That's all fair, if you actually believe Floyd let Conor win a few rounds. I don't think he did - why would he? To set up a possible rematch?

Back