Name a non-boxer who you think would have done better vs Floyd than Conor did?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Melas Chasma, Jan 30, 2018.

1. in the liver

in the liver Robin Black Belt

thats really sad man. conor must really be your hero

feel free to watch this fight video where you get a consistent view of the action and you can see that all of conors punches have no power at all, that floyd is 100% relaxed the entire time, and you can even see how much conor completely dwarfs mayweather. take a look

Thepaintbucket and biomech like this.
  2. warriorscomeout

warriorscomeout Silver Belt

The thread is who would DO better. Not win.

Can’t see Diaz bro’s or GSP getting finished by Floyd.

3. 808nEffect

808nEffect Green Belt

<Huh2>

How many punches did Floyd even throw in the 1st 3 rounds? He threw 9..
    Basically, he threw 1 punch every minute.. He threw 143 in the next 7 rounds..
    He was never in any sort of trouble, and finished the fight when he wanted to.
    Conor on the other hand, threw 140 punches in the 1st 4 rounds.. Landing a whopping 27 of them.. 19 %

Floyd let Conor have his red panty night early in the fight, then taught Mcgregor a lesson in Boxing 101.
    People think Conor did well because he threw so many punches early, but he was yet again...
    "inefficient with his energy" so he says as well as his fans. Floyd knew Conor would come out swinging for the fences,
    and let Conor gas himself out.. At the same time, the fans got their "entertaining fight"..

Thepaintbucket and biomech like this.
  4. Zelig

Zelig Orange Belt

No other boxer on the planet has debuted in a 12 round fight, no one really acknowledges that.. Floyd waited 18 fights before he scheduled a 12 round fight, let alone fought a name opponent

markg171 likes this.
  5. cyrusthevyrus

cyrusthevyrus Black Belt

they will be, but floyd wont clown so much

6. peytonlucy

peytonlucy Silver Belt

The key term is non-boxer. No non-boxer has a chance against someone who may be top 25 all-time in a sport that is over a century old. Anyone familiar with the sport of boxing knows this.

7. TheSecretOne

TheSecretOne Orange Belt

Probably to make people think the fight is not a complete bullshit fight, which a lot already knew it is. I thought about maybe him doing that so people will still watch him fight later if he did, but he's retired so that's not the case. Could be just to make Conor think he has a good shot just to humiliate him after for thinking he can come into boxing and beat the best guy. Who knows what he was thinking, probably toying with him, or did it to let Conor ware himself out. Floyd is sort of a troll so I wouldn't find that hard to believe.

8. bigsmooth187

bigsmooth187 Yellow Belt

I always thought Yves was smooth; I'd have watched if they fought.
    That being said I didn't bother to watch Mac/Mayweather.

9. loisestrad

loisestrad Silver Belt Platinum Member

Occam's razor tells me that Floyd wanted to win the fight, and so he did what was needed to do so.

markg171 likes this.
  10. in the liver

in the liver Robin Black Belt

fighters dont just do what they need to do to win, have you ever watched one? fighters get goaded into doing macho shit like throwing down at the end of the last round, or they will change what they do because the crowd are booing. chris weidmans spin kick against rockhold was him trying to be alpha and show that he could do it too - it was a dumb jock move and it lost him the fight. ali famously drew out his fight against terrell rather than finishing it, because he wanted to torture and humiliate the man, this is the end result

[​IMG]

trying to apply occam's razor to something as insane as men smashing each other in the face is the isnt such a smart move. its like taking the simplest and dumbest explanation on purpose, willfully denying that people's motivations are far more complex and subtle than "duhhhh i wanna win, boss"

11. JackSchtotll

JackSchtotll Brown Belt

Nate Diaz.

12. nevernamed

nevernamed Purple Belt

All you have to have done is watch Floyd fights in the past to know this is how he fights.

13. Melas Chasma

Melas Chasma Black Belt

At this point we can clearly see some Conor haters are getting their jimmies rustled because they cant answer the question TS is asking. Instead of telling who would have done better (because they cant think anyone and it drives them mad) they just concentrate on bashing Conor and how bad he supposedly fought.

markg171 likes this.
  14. Draper

Draper Bronze Bomber

Is that really the best MMA had to offer?

15. RandomUser12

RandomUser12 Purple Belt

I think plenty of guys with reasonably competent striking and a twenty plus pound weight advantage to help soak up the blows would give the illusion of being competitive. Plenty of them probably wouldn't be stopped, either.

It's actually pretty shocking that Mayweather was able to stop him; his hands have been shot to shit for years now. He must've had such little faith in Conor's toughness and durability to actually push for one.

16. biomech

biomech Blue Belt

I think Conor is shit about boxing and my previous posts have been scathing of Conor and his so called boxing match with Floyd. However I am always honest. I was honest then and I'm honest now. As shit as Conor was, I don't think any other MMA fighter in his weight class, or even a weight class above or below, would have done any better than Conor did.

That's not to say that Conor did well. He was absolutely shithouse. But Conor is still one of the best, if not the best MMA striker there is in his weight class. He has excellent judgement of distance, reflexes and timing. He also has good fakes and knows how to draw MMA fighters into over committed strikes. However as a boxer he is shit. He has no power in his punches, sorry but it's just poor basic technique.

It's easy enough to power hit a predictable fighter or a boxing bag. It's another thing altogether to hit a half decent boxer with power. That's why in the Floyd fight you see Conor throwing lots of little arm punches. Conor couldn't put anything into his punches because he was missing often and wasting energy so he just resorted to trying to touch Floyd by flicking his arm out. Skills were severely lacking. The emperor was finally seen to have no clothes.

17. HardasNAILZ

HardasNAILZ Hard, always HARD.

BRUCE LEE
    BRUCE WILLIS
    BRUCE FORSYTH

18. WAR_CLAY_GUIDA!!

WAR_CLAY_GUIDA!! White Belt

It's pretty clear that Floyd was being Floyd in that fight. The current version of Floyd has always been a slow starter. He takes a few rounds to figure out his opponents. Floyd figured Conor out like he figures everyone else out. He also knew Conor is only dangerous by mma standards in the early rounds. And Floyd uses every advantage he can get. So it wasn't a complete surprise to anyone that has watched him fight that he would use cardio as a weapon. The only thing Floyd did that was completely different than his recent fights was that he came forward with his hands up and just walked through Conor. There is a reason he doesn't do that against other top level boxers. That reason being that he would be in far greater danger against them. He felt what Conor had and put on the pressure when he knew he had him figured out. Lucky for Conor that it was an old slower version of Floyd in there. Because a younger Floyd or a Canelo put a real beating on him. The kind of beating that takes years off his career. It was fun to watch and thats all I can expect of a fight like this. So call it what you want. Conor lost that fight before he even got in the ring.

19. BeerCityBandit

BeerCityBandit Founding member of the Beer City Fight Club

I honestly think TJ Dillashaw would be interesting. He's got better cardio than Conor, and I think his stance switching style would give him more trouble. Especially if he could close the distance and rough him up in the clinch a la Haggler/Duran.

20. Doug22

Doug22 Brown Belt

When did that happen? It certainly wasn't in either of their two UFC fights where the only time Diaz had success in the striking was when Conor was gassed. Both fights Nate was dropping like a sack of potatoes repeatedly before Conor gassed out.