Name a non-boxer who you think would have done better vs Floyd than Conor did?

Floyds gameplan came out of a lack of respect for conors punching and certainty that conor would gas. To enable conor to gas he had to let him throw punches. Conor didnt do well, the punches he threw harmed himself more than floyd. Every punch conor threw was money in the bank for floyd. Its almost as if floyd scored a point for every punch conor threw.

All conor did was throw weak arm punches and illegal blows the whole fight. He got finished by a guy who never finished anyone in 10 years and even at that floyd came completely out of his famous style to do this, floyd did not even fight a boxing match, it was literally a showcase against an amateur.

This far removed from the event you have had every chance to review what happened and see it for what it is. The only way conor can be considered to have done well is financially

What kind of backwards logic are you peddling here? You're saying that Floyd game planned to avoid Conor's power in the early rounds while he gassed himself, yet you also say that the gameplan came out of a lack of respect for Conor's punching power. Do you not see the contradiction?

Pretty much any UFC FW or LW would lose decisively to Floyd, however there are guys that I think would have atleast had the cardio to go the 12.

Lol Melas getting rustled cause people bashing his hero.

Floyd clowned the first few rounds, did nothing, let Conor have his moment in the sun and then stopped him when he put his foot down. That could be done with almost anyone.

You dont really believe that do you?

Floyd wasnt trying to get hit or lose rounds.

Obviously he was patient and won easily in the long run, but Conor did alot better than most educated fans expected.

You dont really believe that do you?

Floyd wasnt trying to get hit or lose rounds.

Obviously he was patient and won easily in the long run, but Conor did alot better than most educated fans expected.

Floyd was throwing like 10 punches/round lmao, he wasnt serious

When did that happen? It certainly wasn't in either of their two UFC fights where the only time Diaz had success in the striking was when Conor was gassed. Both fights Nate was dropping like a sack of potatoes repeatedly before Conor gassed out.

Lol gassed out. He got punched in the face repeatedly, got rocked, then shot for one of the worst desperation take downs I have ever seen and got subbed within seconds. If he didn't shoot he would have gotten stopped standing.

In the second fight Conor implemented the use of kicks very nicely as Diaz refuses to check them. Iirc boxing the use of kicks is not allowed.

Lol gassed out. He got punched in the face repeatedly, got rocked, then shot for one of the worst desperation take downs I have ever seen and got subbed within seconds. If he didn't shoot he would have gotten stopped standing.

In the second fight Conor implemented the use of kicks very nicely as Diaz refuses to check them. Iirc boxing the use of kicks is not allowed.

Which part of the superior boxing skill set requires getting dropped with the left like 5 times in 2 fights? Nate got knocked silly until Conor started fading in both fights.

Which part of the superior boxing skill set requires getting dropped with the left like 5 times in 2 fights? Nate got knocked silly until Conor started fading in both fights.

Which part of a superior skill set involves getting nearly finished standing by an "inferior" striker, to then result to his own coined phrase of panic wrestling? This fading is such a joke, if he didn't put 100% in every shot, he may actually have better cardio. This is his own fault for having such a fighting style.

That's all fair, if you actually believe Floyd let Conor win a few rounds. I don't think he did - why would he? To set up a possible rematch?
Did u not see the flop that was UFC’s first card on fox?

It didn't take past page 1 for some jerk-off to come out with the term "prime" like a fucking idiot.
Well obviously current Machida is shot, slow and has no chin. In his prime he was a defensive master who absorbed the LEAST amount of strikes in UFC history. That's the simple reason why I used the word "prime".

But if you wanna be a dick and call me names instead of having a civil conversation then sure - fuck you too bro.
<28>

Honestly, Schevchenko is a better boxer than Conor, so maybe her.

Also guys like Cody. Is KJ noons considered a boxer first or a MMA fighter? Because if MMA fighter, i’d Take his chances over Conor’s. GSP via having a jab. Hell, BJ Penn from UFC 84 would do better.

Not to mention most of the HW division since they’re pretty big.
Mousasi? Anderson? Lil Nog? Gus? Rumble?

That's all fair, if you actually believe Floyd let Conor win a few rounds. I don't think he did - why would he? To set up a possible rematch?

You don’t think a man, who’s style for the past 10 years, has been defense first, which usually means waiting to counter with his guard up, didn’t let Conor win a couple rounds, when he was walking straight at him with his hands down?

Did you not watch the fight? Yes, Conor won 1, maybe even 2 rounds in the first few rounds of the fight. Did he win those rounds because Floyd let him? Yes. You saw what happened in the rest of the fight. Conor didn’t just magically completely gas out in the 5th round. Floyd started to try. And from that point forward, Conor had nothing to offer him. Getting punched in the face over and over takes the gas out of you.

Back