My cousin wants to teach me Wing Chun

i love bjj and all forms of grappling but for you to think that tma don't work means bjj don't work because it comes from a tma lol

Bjj has jack shit to do with wing Chung... Bjj comes from jjj, but what makes bjj judo wrestling sambo and other grappling arts effective is the training, we don't spend 47277383 hitting shit that doesn't hit you back, or doing choreograph shit.

I mean, your central nervous system runs off electrical impulses or whatever, and pressure points are nerve centers, so I get the theory of pressure point manipulation by striking different nerve centers that are related to different systems, with the intent to manipulate a response in the bodys' central nervous system - but like joint locks, I don't think they are adrenaline proof.

When I was younger I was a huge Dillman fan but these days I am a huge fan of blood chokes.
Blood chokes are adrenaline proof.

I mean, your central nervous system runs off electrical impulses or whatever, and pressure points are nerve centers, so I get the theory of pressure point manipulation by striking different nerve centers that are related to different systems, with the intent to manipulate a response in the bodys' central nervous system - but like joint locks, I don't think they are adrenaline proof.

When I was younger I was a huge Dillman fan but these days I am a huge fan of blood chokes.
Blood chokes are adrenaline proof.

Totally, adrenaline can make up for a loooooooooot of shit...

"wrestling is good but it takes a while to beat someone, with Wing Chun you can just tap some pressure points and they will be out in a second". Then he told me some stories about doing a three hit combo on someone and walking away and the guy was like "what the hell was that?" but 5 seconds later he passed out.

When we said our goodbyes he offered to show me some stuff next time we meet up
<bball1>
<bball1>
<bball1>
<bball1>
<bball1><bball1><bball1><bball1>

Why is no one talking about Carlson's fondness for Wing Chun and how he thought it would be an excellent compliment to BJJ?

sticky hands could actully be useful for handfighting....

I used JKD/WC trapping quite successfully when I did judo in university. Nobody outside of WC punches down the centreline any more, but those lapel grabs were all coming down the middle.

Seriously, this thread is perfectly primed to delve into a curious and little-talked about aspect of Carlson's philosophy training monsters and we're all arguing about the usual bullshit.

I think the stickiest hands I've seen since starting BJJ is pummeling.

At a family get together yesterday I saw a cousin I hadn't seen in about 10 years. He's asked me if I was still wrestling (never wrestled in school but did grappling), though it's been a while because I got a fucked up neck. He said he's into Wing Chun, "wrestling is good but it takes a while to beat someone, with Wing Chun you can just tap some pressure points and they will be out in a second". I just nodded and agreed, didn't want to get into a debate or anything. Then he told me some stories about doing a three hit combo on someone and walking away and the guy was like "what the hell was that?" but 5 seconds later he passed out.

When we said our goodbyes he offered to show me some stuff next time we meet up, since he just moved it won't be that long till I see him again. Should I take him up on that? What if he does something and nothing happens, haha, should I fake it? I never met someone who makes these claims, I'm intrigued but also scared of an embarrassing moment of him trying some Jedi shit and I just double leg and mount him as he's trying to find my pressure points.

Just stand there and ask him to "put you out", see what his reaction is when it doesn't work.

it is the official martial arts training system of the Avengers.

13113822_870660839722981_943379321_n.jpg

Lol no I haven't seen him since, honestly would rather avoid the situation.

Avoid training with someone that deadly man, it's dangerous.

Tell him you don't need it because you've already mastered the ways of the force and you can go super saiyan

Just take the lesson lol.
I want to hear about his reaction when his martial arts magic doesn't work.

Hopefully, a lot of Kung fu schools have been really influenced by Bruce Lee's JKD

I've been in 2 different schools and they both have a very strong Kickboxing program and very low fantasy stuff

At the school where I'm only involved in the Kickboxing/mma classes, the ''Kung fu guys'' will stop progressing in the belt system if they don't do kickboxing also.

We also do submission grappling (under Gokor's program)

Most of the ''higher sashs'' will do amateur MMA fights.

The chi stuff is limited to meditation and recovering your breath techniques.

It's easy to make fun of Kung fu / wing chun but I think that it's not everybody that are delusional about their art and that the best of them are open minded and understand what works in a real fight and what works for self defense and what is just bullshit.

Back