Most brutal fighter in history?

That image of Varelans with his hands over his face looking like he's trying to hold it together as Kerr punchs and knees him isn't a pleasant one.

Wanderlei isn't even close to Kerr IMO. Kerr from 97-99 was a fucking savage. You could have hit him over the head with a bat and he would just slam you and knee your head off

And Kerr was the biggest juice monster second 2 none<seedat>

Gerard Gordeau, for kicking peoples teeth out, stomping peoples ribs until they break, biting peoples ears and gouging peoples eyes out.
method=get&s=teila-tuli-gerard-gordeau-gif.gif

War Machine n Joe Son ......... most brutal

Brett Rogers ........ most fucked up... not certain how ya get more strange than a dude that attacks dudes just to try n jerk them off. Damn.

Most savage .......... easily Mike Perry

Wanderlei Silva.

However I think the most brutal KO goes to Big Daddy's elbow KO on Wonder Dog

Gary Goodridge.

goodridge-herrera-mma-devastating-ko_medium.gif

tumblr_n2918ejLTu1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

^^^That dude never fought again because of that crank. Broke his neck.

I can't see the video, but if you're talking about Augusto Menezes Santos, that's a myth. Goodridge was his first fight and he fought 9 more times. I think he did have some vertebrae damage from the fight, though.

Goodridge was a violent beast, more so than Kerr. However, he also gave Yoshiaki Yatsu two horrible beatings (Yatsu was a 45-year old pro wrestler who had no business in Pride). But then he started receiving many beatings and ended up with CTE himself.

PRIDE Wandy would be my pick as well. Kerr and Gordeau are really solid picks also.

Not the best fighter in the world, but Gilbert Yvel deserves a mention...

He was a ref-punching, eye gouging piece of shit, but he fits the thread perfectly. He wouldn't crack the top 3, but he's worthy of a mention.

Last edited:
These days? I don't know. There's Velasquez, who just doesn't give you anything to work with. Constant pressure, powerful striking, great wrestling and aggression. Robbie Lawler gives you hell, even if he takes a round off sometimes.

Thankfully these days you don't have Mark Kerr fighting 200-pound guys with zero skills...or Travis Fulton against a WW (or smaller) guy who knows nothing but karate and gets hellaciously and violently slammed.

I'm a big fan of the NHB days (and watched the sport back then), but I don't miss that part.

Jose (Pele) Landis-Jons..... a one time training partner of Anderson Silva at Chute Boxe and was called even a better striker than The Spider himself.

Igor Vovchanchyn in NHB was pretty savage.

I can't see the video, but if you're talking about Augusto Menezes Santos, that's a myth. Goodridge was his first fight and he fought 9 more times. I think he did have some vertebrae damage from the fight, though.

Goodridge was a violent beast, more so than Kerr. However, he also gave Yoshiaki Yatsu two horrible beatings (Yatsu was a 45-year old pro wrestler who had no business in Pride). But then he started receiving many beatings and ended up with CTE himself.

That's interesting, I didn't know he fought again....On the DVD I have it says he had vertebrae fractures and retired, but it's an old DVD so he must have fought since.

Those uppercuts against Yatsu were savage... I'd forgotten them too.

cmc1g.jpg

I thought we were talking about brutal MMA fighters, not brutal dirtbag cheating thug a-holes.
Lots of guys like him, one of them is probably your hero, Hendo. He knows the guy is uncounscious and still does this? And there are so many others like him.
UFC.100-DanHendersonXMichaelBisping-01-KO-400-sg.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back