Most Beloved Completely Average Fighter

Bryan Barberena....dude derailed Sage's hypetrain and has done decent so far.

I really enjoy Jim Miller's fights, while average might be an insult to his talents. He is not much of a contender ever so he comes to mind.

Ross Pearson seems to be very popular despite having many losses. He seems like a good guy, and I almost always root for him :)

My immediate thought before I entered the thread was also Chris Lytle.

Joe Luazon was/is always entertaining.
Akiyama is usually entertaining but horrible fight IQ lately.
Roy Nelson b/c he make fat bastards fell like they have a shot in the UFC, plus he KO's people.

That's a good one.

I was also thinking about the Korean zombie. Obviously these are high-level Fighters so it's hard to call them average but they are not quite Elite and yet theyre totally beloved by many.

pd17-14.gif
"5150" lol I never caught that before. Damn this poster is funny as hell.

think gatekeepers

uhhh.......... hmmm. well I have to say alot of people enjoyed Diego sanchez albeit some didn't like him. He did get a TS but that was from sneaking by guida and stevenson..... don't fool yourself, I thought diego got total gifts against Allessio, Parisyan, Pearson, Gomi, and Kampmann with the Kampmann fight being the only one that was remotely close to being a coin flip. If you disagree with me I will politely ignore you.

Dustin Poirier is an elite gatekeeper. If you go back to Pride- Fujita. He fought everybody, beat a few pretty good guys and put up a good fight vs. elite.

Mike Perry lost convincingly to Alan Jouban. So I would say he is around the average level as Ellenburger is a shell right now.

tim botech,or how ever you spell his name.

Joe Lauzon, never seemed to have the ambition to go for the title, but I will root for him any fight

Keith "The Dean of Mean" Jardine

2yv3rmd.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-17_15-53-37.png
    upload_2017-7-17_15-53-37.png
    98.9 KB · Views: 3
Few posts into this thread and we already got Fedor, McGregor, and GSP. This should be fun.

The real answers are :
Pat Barry
Tom Lawler
Tim boestch
Kimbo
Big country (becauase hes fat)
Stephan Bonnar
That fat guy who knocked out tod duffe
Luigi foravante
Stefan struve :p

I always liked watching Scott "Hands of Steel" Smith from Strikeforce fight, not the best fighter but seemed like a cool guy, also Ross Pearson.
I feel the same about Clay Guidance. His record is inconsistent, but his fights were always fun to watch.

Also, Chris Leben. I could watch that clip of him eating dinner or six punches in a row and then knocking the other dude out all day. Classic.

Back