Most Beloved Completely Average Fighter

I wanna say Forrest, but the guy won the bloody title. Pretty average in athleticism and technique

Roy Nelson although his chin is anything but average.

I really enjoy Jim Miller's fights, while average might be an insult to his talents. He is not much of a contender ever so he comes to mind.

Miller fan for life. He's hardly average, but I know what you mean. He was my first thought for this thread too.

rashad evans mainly because of TUF all my friend hated him soo much for no reason really.

everybody adores + utterly average ..../thread

$

I was just thinking of Chris Lytle from my state of Indiana, when he was the only Hoosier to root for in the UFC! That I knew of anyway.

He was completely average, but he was well loved for his work ethic and attitude. He was hard and quiet, never complained and always gave everything.

Who is your favorite completely average fighter?

(Cue everyone posting their least favorite top fighter as a joke.)

Let me drop a bomb on this thread.

Spencer Fisher.

20090622093739_spencerfisher.JPG

Literally no one mentioned thus far is a completely average fighter. There are, however, plenty of average intelligence posters contributing to this thread.

Dan Kelly. Dude has one leg held together with strapping tape. I'm always rooting for him.

Average in skill or Average in personality?

In personality then yes, definitely Fedor, the guy just behaved as an average guy and didn't have anything particularly outstanding about his attitude or physique.

Saying Fedor is average on skill though? A man who has won European, Russian and World sambo gold medals several years? Who at his best went through an epic run in pride and to this day is probably the most complete HW who has ever competed in the sport.

If you are talking about skill then most definitely Michael Bisping, the impressive about Bisping is his willingness to keep trying until he finally became champion, something his skill set never really showed he could achieve. His tenacity is his best technique, this guy is the least impressive champion since Dave Menne, he does not have one move that's actually impressive to see. Mighty Mouse has his speed (and everything else) Conor the striking and precision, Cody his boxing combos, Cormier his wrestling and well rounded game for his size, etc. Even in the horrible HW divisions we have know, Stipe has his power, Overeem as well, Werdum his jiujitsu, etc.

Every champ has something impressive but Bisping has shit, all he has is a loud mouth and the self belief that he can become champion and managed to do so. Which I still cant believe.

Back