Ilia Topuria the most unlikeable delusional fighter of all time? (HELWANI INTERVIEW)

Fans nowadays care more about the press conferences than the fights.

Is Topuria extremely talented? Yes. Is he exciting to watch? Yes. Im a fan.

dont really care what he has to say, as long as he isnt crossing the line and talking about Volks family or someshit.

And if he smashes Volk then what

Kind of would be justified in hindsight no?

Weird how much this feels like Garbrandt II. He was uber-confident through the Cruz fight but then got humbled and was never the same again.

Funny how "Hes only trying to sell the fight" and "He's exciting in the cage though" and "who cares about how they act outside of the cage?" only applies to certain fighters.

You could say the exact same for Conor and Paddy to name just a few, but for some reason, nobody on Sherdog ever does.

If Sherdog didn't have double standards, there wouldn't be any standards at all here.
It's not just Sherdog that hates caucasians unfortunately.

strength of opponents is a funny one, Volk fought the same guy three times, and yes Max is a legend, but cmon. Then he fought Ortega and Yair. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say when their careers are done Ortega and Yair will be seen as mediocre contenders, not bad names on the resume but nothing to write home about. His best names are Aldo and Max, which are both really outstanding wins, but outside that it's thin.

Ortega and Yair have the bad luck of being FWs in the era where the belt is held by Volk and gatekept by Max.

Also what you just did for Volk record you can do for pretty much everyone if you want to downplay their wins

All of his "trash talk" is extremely mild and basic yet it upsets people like crazy lmao.

I think people just cant stand his weird full-of-himself energy that he constantly exudes.

Serious question.
If the criteria that everyone uses as GOAT for the most part is title defenses.

How can people say Volk is the GOAT FW when he hasn't defended the title more than Aldo did?

I have them both as top GOATS of the division.

Aldo had more defences against lesser guys though, we counting manny gamburian as one of them and others like Homminick which while are good wins, he didn't just walk though them, Hominick took over in round 5. Frankie edgar put up a real good fight after round 2. Conor talking him into madness and KO'd him real bad.

Volk is a Machine and has had some good competition & beat them all. Max 3 times even if fight 2 could be argued, Volk still rallied rounds 3, 4 & 5.

But Aldo still has more defenses so that means hes still FW King 👑...no?

Yes he beat Aldo and Mendes at the end of their runs, but those weren't defenses tbf sir.

@moosaev what do you think here sir?
We are splitting hairs here.

I don't really care about GOAT conversations.. but prime Volkanovski is the best FW of all time. Better than any other FW at their peak.

We are splitting hairs here.

I don't really care about GOAT conversations.. but prime Volkanovski is the best FW of all time. Better than any other FW at their peak.
You're allowed your opinion sir, no hate on my end.

Cocky as hell but not delusional I think

Delusional would be Kevin Lee. Sorry, Fighter Kevin Lee

This comment shows you have no idea about fighting and u have never been in real fight in ur life
Are we supposed to have a tough guy contest now and talk about how many fights we've been in?

Future GOATs don't get their asses kicked by Jai Herbert, sorry.

Only school girls care if a fighter is likable.

Do you homos share a list of all the boys in the ufc you think are the most "likeable" in your clubhouses? lmao
Don't be ridiculous. The list only highlights hairlines and pectoral muscles.

Seems like he's adopted 'The Secret' as his doctrine

Of course he should, people were rushing him past Aldo in part as a way to diminish Khabib. Whenever i brought up Aldo there was never any good answer as to why Volk has a better FW legacy. Most they came up with was the lack of losses, ok but then you have to consider Khabib the goat if thats the metric, which of course they wouldn't lol.
Who’s your lw goat?

He’s confident and arrogant. That’s one thing.

But his declarations have been crossing the line. He says he’s already the champ. He says he won’t give title shots to the other top contenders. He says he’ll only fight mcgregor next for ufc Spain, an event that doesn’t even exist.

It should come as no surprise that he’s not winning any fans lol
I love it. That shit is fuckin great. He is pullin it ALL ON THE LINE

But he's got to win..and he's fighting one of the greatest to ever do it

HIGH STAKES,GENTLEMEN

I love it. That shit is fuckin great. He is pullin it ALL ON THE LINE

But he's got to win..and he's fighting one of the greatest to ever do it

HIGH STAKES,GENTLEMEN
I came in ready to hate on Topo, but this a good take on the situation. Although I do think that fifteen people working on his social media is a lot.

Reactions: HHJ
<34>

me rn thinking about having a human reaction to a persona when you’re not even dating the guy

(jk lol)

I hate anything that is even remotely like WWF...sorry for being an adult sir lol.

Back