Most Beloved Completely Average Fighter

Conor. Good left hand and timing (but no jab), no grappling, no wrestling/ground game, suspect cardio, no BJJ/submission game, panic-wrestles or runs when in trouble, fades after ~2-3 rounds against pressure fighters, has moronic fans, not well-rounded, will get humiliated in August, touches butt in the park with that dork with a ponytail

Lol sherdog. Some of these responses my god...

I'll go with Akiyama, Manhoef and Stann.

Joe lauzon. Dude has had some crazy fights over the years

I was just thinking of Chris Lytle from my state of Indiana, when he was the only Hoosier to root for in the UFC! That I knew of anyway.

He was completely average, but he was well loved for his work ethic and attitude. He was hard and quiet, never complained and always gave everything.

Who is your favorite completely average fighter?

(Cue everyone posting their least favorite top fighter as a joke.)

caff26cb626943c6d6b36e4cfb162d21-480-312

randy_couture_500x325_ufc.png

Fedor+Emelianenko.png

<{1-10}> .

Haha, when I saw the thread title I immediately thought "Chris Lytle". Although I feel some are starting to forget about him, but I loved watching that dude fight

No Forrest Griffin?
I know he's won the title and has some names on his resume, but he was as average as average gets.

Alan belcher
Filthy tom lawlor
I was impressed with belcher when he rolled around with Paul Harris and still took
all his limbs home with him

Filthy Tom is just...yeah

My first thought was Diego, but someone beat me to it. So, hows about Brad "One Punch" Pickett? I think he was a sufficiently average, yet upper level fighter. An obscure pick if i must say so myself.

James The Colossus Thompson
Yoshihiro Takayama

leben was only average in technique

he was an amazing disciple of the just bleed god

scaled_php.gif
Excellent call!

He was better than average, but I'll say Genki Sudo. He was so cool, GOAT entertainer.

Back