Most all around skilled fighter EVER?

GSP/Fedor/Penn

I'd be cool with either one of them being considered #1 well rounded

GSP overall, I think. Penn and Fedor are part of that discussion, too. In a couple years we may add Anthony Pettis to the list, too. We have to see how his game develops.

Also I'm surprised no one mentioned Jones.

absolutely agree with Penn, Fedor, GSP. I'd also throw Aldo, and Anderson Silva on that list. Definitely Jon Jones. Back in the day Frank Shamrock for sure, Bas Rutten. A little after that I'm thinking Big Nog, Josh Barnett. Andre Arlovski has a terrible chin, but a very diverse skillset. If Shogun had any takedown defense whatsoever I'd add him to the list. Similar is Nick Diaz- great standup, great groundgame, not much wrestling. Matt Hughes has great wrestling and submissions, not the best standup. Chris Lytle was very well rounded as well.

Fedor was my first thought, because he was not afraid to fight with anyone anywhere, unlike GSP, who does not test himself against his opponents strengths.
Outstruck Alves, Penn, Condit and Diaz
Outgrappled Penn, Koscheck, Fitch, Diaz

lol wut?

Mousasi is definately up there IMO. His resume speaks for itself.

JBJ
Anderson
GSP

In that order

It's simple:

Prime Fedor was skilled enough to stand with Mirko and play inside Nogs guard. GSP is good enough to take Alves to the ground, keep it standing with Shields and grease for BJ Penn.

Prime Fedor was skilled enough not to have a slip in 10 years, hardly even conceding a round and not once being knocked down.
GSP is skilled enough to get armbarred by a wrestler, TKO'd by a bjj fighter and get dropped several times during his prime/reign.

Fedor was skilled enough to finish his fights, and GSP...well

The answer is obvious.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back