Most all around skilled fighter EVER?

Fedor. For me he's the total package. Furious puncher, awesome subs, great takedown defence and perhaps most importantly nerves of steel.

I agree with posters 2-6 as well as the two posters above me.

GSP, but he still is boring as hell!

It's simple:

Prime Fedor was skilled enough to stand with Mirko and play inside Nogs guard. GSP is good enough to take Alves to the ground, keep it standing with Shields and grease for BJ Penn.

Prime Fedor was skilled enough not to have a slip in 10 years, hardly even conceding a round and not once being knocked down.
GSP is skilled enough to get armbarred by a wrestler, TKO'd by a bjj fighter and get dropped several times during his prime/reign.

Fedor was skilled enough to finish his fights, and GSP...well

The answer is obvious.

Hey you with all that logic.. quit it... lol JK.. this is a great response for real.. Im not taking anything from GSP at all but by comparision this is very valid..

I think Renan barao is way more well rounded than GSP.

frank shamrock,

because he was the FIRST ALL AROUND.

marco_ruas_autograph2__82164.jpg

If it's just about skills/given abilities and not mental game or work ethic I'd say BJ.

gsp overall. Bj has amazing skillsets, good offensive and defensive wrestling, heavy, fast hands, stellar head movement, great top and bottom games and finishing ability. He just doesnt correctly gameplan which is why he doesnt showcase all that he has

fedor, gsp

BTW its awesome that AS isnt mention very much hahahaha

Why are people picking GSP over Fedor?

All I see from GSP is wrestling and a jab.

Fedor had great standup, great ground and pound, great wrestling, great submissions, great submission defense....he was the complete package.

Back