Most all around skilled fighter EVER?

gotta agree

fedor nuthuggers are bad, but bjs seems to take the crown.

it was obvious from frankie fights bj is not quick/fast nuff to be "natural lw" n was clearly not strong nuff to be "ww"

he was great in some areas (boxing, bjj, chin, tdd)

but at the same time he was horrible (kicking, wrestling, cardio, strength)

thats not "most skilled ever"

you look at guys like gsp n bones n you really need to nitpick to find a weakness.

bj would of been great at pride lw at 163 lbs.

I like to think of that sometimes. Like how good would of gsp have been at pride ww 183? Could he make 163? Weird to think about!

bj would of been great at pride lw at 163 lbs.

I like to think of that sometimes. Like how good would of gsp have been at pride ww 183? Could he make 163? Weird to think about!

I think Georges at 183lbs in PRIDE would have been incredibly interesting. Could he avoid the Filho armbar? Could he outbox Misaki? How would he do against a conditioned, lean, wrestling-oriented Dan Henderson?

So many interesting questions for Georges in that division.

Maybe it's because GSP has had bar none the hardest schedule in all of MMA, and he has outstruck and outgrappled every single fighter he has ever faced.

Anderson Silva is clearly a much better striker, but GSP's all around skills are much better.

GSP outstrikes wrestlers and out-grapples strikers

The only exception to this rule I can think of is the first Koshcheck fight and maybe the second BJ fight (GreaseGate)

He takes it to where he's stronger....it's a great strategy for sure, but it skews people's opinions

I'm gonna go for Bones as "most skilled" currently...he just needs more fights for it to not even be an issue anymore - it's only a matter of time before he is universally recognised as the GOAT

Fedor no doubt. He has finishes by KO, submissions from the bottom, top. He showed that he can follow a gameplan to a T.

Back