Most all around skilled fighter EVER?

bj penn?for what?being smaller?.Greatest fighter should be considered from the hw division.

This is the dumbest post ever. Size has nothing to do with a fighter's actual "skillset"

I think a WW sized BJ would've tooled GSP, especially with better cardio. So my vote for all around skill is BJ.

This guy.
UFC118WeighIn_James_Toney.jpg

The first? Frank Shamrock

BJ as well, probably because he spent the beginning of his career training with Shamrock a lot.

Fedor needs to be mentioned as well as GSP.

Teddy Roosevelt. Wasn't merely a decent fighter, but also an excellent statesman, scholar, hunter, and probably a good lover to boot. Can't get much more wellrounded than that.

Fedor was my first thought, because he was not afraid to fight with anyone anywhere, unlike GSP, who does not test himself against his opponents strengths.

But, Aldo might be the most all around talented fighter, his striking is amazing, and his tdd is ridiculous to the point that we have not gotten to see much of his bjj, which is reputed to be excellent. Another fight with Mendes might get him on his back to see.

3 days ago he recived BJJ black belt, if he dont use it in fight it doesn't mean he got no skills.

It means he's never shown it. A black belt in a gym means nothing in a cage.

Teddy Roosevelt. Wasn't merely a decent fighter, but also an excellent statesman, scholar, hunter, and probably a good lover to boot. Can't get much more wellrounded than that.

And Teddy wanted all American boys to play tackle football to "avoid growing up to sissies." True story.

Back