"MMA is for guys who can't box" Tyson Fury

Yoel Romero could literaly rape Tyson Fury. No bullshit. He could do it and Tyson Fury couldn't do anything to stop him.
i'm not a fan of the big gypo twat.....but...go home,you're drunk.

DId he lose in that time?
Me 10 years ago would whoop me currently in any sport, but I'd still beat you now. Doesn't mean I'm at my best, just mean that my 60% is better than your 100%.

Yoel Romero could literaly rape Tyson Fury. No bullshit. He could do it and Tyson Fury couldn't do anything to stop him.
Rockhold would take him down and literally give him brain damage or strangle him to death too

Last edited:
Please google turkish boxer street fight. Then tell me how a grappler even survive in such a scenario.
Reality is the best boxer in the universe against the best grappler/mt/whatever has the opportunity of winning with a sibgle strike. imagine an extreme scenario just for philosophic discussion. How does a grappler win a fight? close the distance. trow you and submit you. Imagine the best grappler in the universe. Ok? He still has to go through that process. In the mean time the best boxer in the universe has just to punch you in the chin to get you to sleep. This is somehow the mcgregor paradigm. As much as it is not nice to admit boxing is the most effective way of dealing with an opponent. Very simple. Unfortunately with boxing being the cash cow or at least historically the all ufc hype machine as always tried to diminish the value of it while all fighter have put their effort to learn it and still struggle.
Flamesuit on...but you know deep in your soul that im right.
How many boxers would survive that? He got lucky that a zombie of schlubs were lurching awkwardly towards him with their hands down.

Try that experiment a hundred times, and tell me how it turns out. He should have ran, not fought.

BJJ, and wrestling make no pretense about dealing with multiple attackers. The odds are low that you would ever come out the victor in a multiple attacker fight.

Think about this: What if only one of those people attacking him had decided to go for a take-down, instead of striking at him? He would have easily been neutralized.

Any idiot can throw a punch. Striking, and athleticism matter much more in boxing/striking, than grappling. Without certain attributes, you would be a fool to try and box with people. It's the same reason so many striking TMA's are doomed. You would need freak attributes, like Machida to make most if it work.

Tthe entire point of putting Royce Gracie in UFC I was to show that BJJ can work with average attributes. It's what every other martial art had promised.

He tried to retire like 8 years before he actually did because his body was falling apart. Again, nobody is at their best at age 40.
Conor has no amateur record. He was never expected to do well in the fight. It was a money hype fight. Many retired boxers could put a clinic on Conor in boxing because it's not what he has spent most of his life doing.

Mayweather being retired meant little when there was such a large experience, and skill gap.

Also, considering how boxers train, May-weather shouldn't bi falling apart physically at his age. MMA training is much harder on the body; especially the joints.

Rockhold would take him down and literally give him brain damage or strangle with to death too
Most MMA fighters could take him down, and tap him, or brutalize him.

The average fighter is much better at BJJ now that Royce was, and he beat a series of giants.

It's prize fighting, you smart kid. You follow the money or it would be called something else.
No, there is no standard that says prize fighting means fighting in any venue, no matter how unskilled for the highest prize.

This isn't proto-boxing days where relatively untrained guys became prize fighting heroes. Guys are well-trained in their chosen professions, and there's more combat professions now, than there was then.

Prize Fighting was a phrase mainly used in regards to boxing matches, not some yet to be born MMA world. MMA is still a martial arts competition.

You're a moron.

No, there is no standard that says prize fighting means fighting in any venue, no matter how unskilled for the highest prize.

This isn't proto-boxing days where relatively untrained guys became prize fighting heroes. Guys are well-trained in their chosen professions, and there's more combat professions now, than there was then.

Prize Fighting was a phrase mainly used in regards to boxing matches, not some yet to be born MMA world. MMA is still a martial arts competition.

You're a moron.

If you believe your definition of prize fighting is correct you clearly haven't been around or listening to the current meta. I'll be happy to answer once you have informed yourself of the real situation. Thanks for posting.

Dude I've been studying martial arts my whole life and training MMA for 8 years. I've fought boxers, kickboxers, and MMA fighters. And as someone who is primarily a grappler, yes I won almost every time in sparring. I felt that I had a strong advantage but I also had a strong striking basis in Muay Thai.

However, in my gym boxers have beaten well rounded MMA fighters 3 or 4 times out of 10. In my experience it can go either way. Closing the distance from too far away on a double leg got one dude caught and dropped.

Like I said MMA fighter by being well rounded to have an advantage. However, pretending that boxing always loses to grappling is a silly falsehood.
Guys can fuck up their strategy all the time. The point is, what happens most of the time. You just admitted that you won almost every time.

Grapplers have, and will always have an advantage over strikers. Already proven. No need for the controversy.

You're talking about a gym where guys train MMA. We're talking about if both weren't trained in only their style.

You cannot be successful in MMA without being a good grappler. You can be successful in MMA, even with bad striking because of your grappling ability.

Again, this is not controversial. it's a proven fact.

BJJ, and wrestling are the most important elements to being successful in MMA, not boxing.

Last edited:
Conor has no amateur record. He was never expected to do well in the fight. It was a money hype fight. Many retired boxers could put a clinic on Conor in boxing because it's not what he has spent most of his life doing.

Mayweather being retired meant little when there was such a large experience, and skill gap.

Also, considering how boxers train, May-weather shouldn't bi falling apart physically at his age. MMA training is much harder on the body; especially the joints.
At 40??? There isn't any sport or any physical endeavor where guys are still in their prime at 40. Like I said, Floyd when he's slowed down is still better than Conor at full speed in boxing. He said it in promos, he doesn't have to be as good as he ever was, just has to be good enough to beat Conor.

If you believe your definition of prize fighting is correct you clearly haven't been around or listening to the current meta. I'll be happy to answer once you have informed yourself of the real situation. Thanks for posting.
It was a phrased coined before there were numerous venues for combat sports.

You could make more money in any other mainstream sport, but good boxers aren't diving into those sports.

At 40??? There isn't any sport or any physical endeavor where guys are still in their prime at 40. Like I said, Floyd when he's slowed down is still better than Conor at full speed in boxing. He said it in promos, he doesn't have to be as good as he ever was, just has to be good enough to beat Conor.
Floyd was fighting a guy who could get beat by most amateurs.

He wasn't fighting at his highest level by fighting Conor. Conor was making money with his mouth. He idnd't care if he lost, and he knew he would.

Can't say the dude is wrong about that. MMA is for the guys that can't hack at other sports, and other low level types really. You pay the least of any disciple, you are only gonna get the hand me downs after all. The rest is all just hype. Don't believe the hype.

F you bitch. What about DC or Yoel or Wonderboy or Darren till or khabib? All of them are the elite of the elite in their respective sports. Suck a dick

Boxing is for guys that cant fight . They were always scared of a street fighter . Why because they were a fish out of water if the fight went to the ground , and a real fight went to the ground irregardless of boxing titles lol Tyson fury should sigh up for a fight in mma even Belator would give him some descent money to put his skill where his mouth is ...That goes for any boxer.Bring youy skills to an MMA gym and see how you make out lol

Boxing is for guys who don't wanna get into a real fight!

IMG_0882.JPG
Been there, done that!

Fighting with pillows on your hands, while being allowed to hug your opponent 100 times so you can rest, seemed too soft for the mauler.

Guys can fuck up their strategy all the time. The point is, what happens most of the time. You just admitted that you won almost every time.

Grapplers have, and will always have an advantage over strikers. Already proven. No need for the controversy.

You're talking about a gym where guys train MMA. We're talking about if both weren't trained in each other's style.

You cannot be successful in MMA without being a good grappler. You can be successful in MMA, even with bad striking because of your grappling ability.

Again, this is not controversial. it's a proven fact.

BJJ, and wrestling are the most important elements to being successful in MMA, not boxing.
You are so caught up in trying to prove MMA is superior that you arent even reading something that I have said multiple times. So let me make it very noticeable to you. MMA fighters have an advantage over boxers. That is not the argument that I am making. I am saying that pure striker vs pure grapple matches are not cut and dry.

Now allow me to clarify because I was not clear. The boxers did not train MMA they were fans of MMA and wanted to test themselves. They were mostly long time amateurs and low level pros. They were not from my gym.

Gokan Saki, Edson Barboza, Micheal Johnson, Conor McGregor, Sergio Pettis, Wonderboy Thompson, and Overeem. Just off the top of my head strikers who's ground game consists of avoiding the ground and not much else that do great. I can name even more outside of the UFC.

Striking and grappling are equally important for MMA but that is an entirely different discussion.

Bellator fighters proved Fury wrong

Football is for guys who can't play basketball
Pretty funny but true. Almost all multi sport athletes chose baseball and basketball over ftball. Hell Russell Wilson even did but he failed so he jumped back into football

Back