"MMA is for guys who can't box" Tyson Fury

Can't say the dude is wrong about that. MMA is for the guys that can't hack at other sports, and other low level types really. You pay the least of any disciple, you are only gonna get the hand me downs after all. The rest is all just hype. Don't believe the hype.
If you gave the best kickball player in the entire world a year of training exclusively to fight, Jose Aldo (a kickball "hand me down") would run through him like he was made of paper.

If you gave the best kickball player in the entire world a year of training exclusively to fight, Jose Aldo (a kickball "hand me down") would run through him like he was made of paper.

Kickball is pretty niche though. I don't think that kickball is full of guys who would be playing kickball as opposed to soccer/football if they could hack it at that.

Sounds like he's off his meds again. That guy is a known psychopath

Yeah, but that applies to niche sports like Pro Bull Riders, not a sport that claims itself to be a major league sport. You can't "pickup" boxing in your mid to late 20s and be succesful.

there is a lot more loophole and ways to be successful in this sports.

you can just happen to be a great wrestler in a division where no top ten has wrestling background, these are not applicable to any other sports, thats is why that can happen.

MMA paid reasonably well, and it has some of the best martial artist from different art crossover.

Romero, Maia , Sakhi or cro cop for example, you can't say that those fighters are not elite in their respective sports.

Kickball is pretty niche though. I don't think that kickball is full of guys who would be playing kickball as opposed to soccer/football if they could hack it at that.
<34>

kickball=soccer/football

Boxing is for guys who can't fight. Put like 600 rules in place and it's near ballet.
So by your logic wrestling/BJJ/Judo are for people too scared to take a punch. Pansies hide behind all those rules so they don't get hurt.

Sounds pretty fucking stupid when you put it that way right? You'd never make that claim right?

They're different sports with different rules. We don't have to make everything a goddamned dick measuring contest.

Cocaine really is one hell of a drug and Tyson can tell you this personally.

Tyson Fury is a fat bum who never defended. Another Conor basically. No Boxing aficionado is impressed. Any MMA FW on up would kick his ass.

He's a lot better than Anthony Joshua.

He actually beat Klitschko easily whereas Joshua struggled to beat him - in fact he got put on his ass several times.

Well this is america and the rest of the world. Kickball is a "sport" you play in PE class.
Kickball is easier than having to clarify the football/soccer distinction. It minimizes it at the same time as it deseves to be minimized in all its relevance to fight sports.
<{hfved}>

And boxing is for guys who can’t do anything else.

So by your logic wrestling/BJJ/Judo are for people too scared to take a punch. Pansies hide behind all those rules so they don't get hurt.

Sounds pretty fucking stupid when you put it that way right? You'd never make that claim right?

They're different sports with different rules. We don't have to make everything a goddamned dick measuring contest.
MMA is much closer to a real fight. Still not perfect OFC I'd have zero rules but wrestler would be 100% UFC instead of 75% since once you can control another man head buts, fingers to eyes, and knees to head it's over.

Boxing and MMA are a derivative of fighting but MMA is much closer. Boxing you cant kick, cant wrestle, cant throw basically it's 1/10th a fight while MMA is 9/10th

And boxing is for guys who can't grapple. We could do this all day.

Boxers don't seem to understand that people interested in only MMA, likely feel that way because they don't care about boxing. When you watch guys with beginner level take-downs close the distance and beat boxers/strikers with ease, boxing loses whatever aura it previously had in your mind. It suddenly seems like a handicap fight, and not how it should be. Boxing hasn't had the luster it once had for quite some time. MMA isn't full of failed boxers. It's full of failed grapplers.

Most failed boxers aren't go to endure the ego implosion that is BJJ/Grappling training.

On a sidenote, Tyson Fury is basically the Tim Sylvia of boxing. He's a mediocre boxer who wins due to having the frame of a sideshow attraction.

Back