"MMA is for guys who can't box" Tyson Fury

Yoel romero is tiny compared to fury. Size matters you idiot.
Yoel literally does what he wants to Tyson Fury. Someone like Josh Barnett or Daniel Cormier could demolish Tyson Fury and then two more top ten boxers in one sitting. Easy tappings like an episode of Bully Beatdown.

"Boxing is for people who can't make money off tap-dancing" or something - Sugar Ray Robinson

MMA is much closer to a real fight. Still not perfect OFC I'd have zero rules but wrestler would be 100% UFC instead of 75% since once you can control another man head buts, fingers to eyes, and knees to head it's over.

Boxing and MMA are a derivative of fighting but MMA is much closer. Boxing you cant kick, cant wrestle, cant throw basically it's 1/10th a fight while MMA is 9/10th
Wrestling/Judo/BJJ have no striking and a fuck ton of rules. Not close to a real fight but respected by the MMA community.

Boxing has some of the best strikers and a fuck ton of rules but is vilified by the MMA community.

This isn't about it being closer to a real fight. It never has been. It's some MMA fans and boxing fans being children and not wanting to be second fiddle. It just a childish argument of "no the thing I like is better than the thing you like". "My dad would beat up your dad."

Yeah, but that applies to niche sports like Pro Bull Riders, not a sport that claims itself to be a major league sport. You can't "pickup" boxing in your mid to late 20s and be succesful.
Most of the guys that pick up MMA in their 20's and become successful at an elite level, typically have a tenured background in wrestling, kick boxing, or other combat sports at a high level. (Cormier, Wonderboy, etc.) Didn't Deontay Wilder, 38-0 and a top 3 HW boxer in the world, not pick up boxing until 20?

It's true for the stand up fighters.

Theyd all be top boxers in stop mma fighters If they could

Top guys are only recently bringing boxing coaches in. most these motherfuckers dont have hands lol. I dont think its fair to say its a B league for people who arent talented enough to box tho. It's just a place for guys who came up kickboxing, wrestling, BJJ-ing ect. That being said most of them still have terrible hands lol. For a sport that bases itself on cross training very little of em have any idea how to 'box' for lack of a better word. That whole last card was a perfect example of fucking garbage striking.

Good to see guys like Roach, Sanchez, and Garcia getting more into the MMA game. Shits gonna be a lot more fun when people dont wing left hooks with their arms completely straight like they're mimicking an airplane.

"Boxing is for guys who can't UFC."
-Tyson Foods Eatin Mofo (me).

TysonInnovation_Embedded.jpg
Lol, Tyson brand is such low quality. Then again I can’t believe I liked any of that frozen shit as a kid.

says the guy who punched himself in a fight.

Wrestling/Judo/BJJ have no striking and a fuck ton of rules. Not close to a real fight but respected by the MMA community.

Boxing has some of the best strikers and a fuck ton of rules but is vilified by the MMA community.

This isn't about it being closer to a real fight. It never has been. It's some MMA fans and boxing fans being children and not wanting to be second fiddle. It just a childish argument of "no the thing I like is better than the thing you like". "My dad would beat up your dad."

Wrestling, BJJ, and Judo can win a fight without throwing a strike.

Without grappling, a boxer can be the best striker the world, but never get the chance to use it.

That's why calling it closer to a real fight matters. Grapplers have, and will always have an advantage over boxers. Boxing fans cannot come to grips with that reality.

Hell, by allowing open palm strikes Combat Jiu-JItsu is closer to a real fight than boxing.

The entire birth of the UFC was based on testing styles.

Isn't this prize fighting? all the causal reminding us about it right? then it's all about the money right? Well then there are more money in boxing. If you can be a top boxer than you are getting more. 100% of the ufc roster would not make it through a regional boxing circuit. Easy.

To be fair no UFC fighter could do well in boxing except for maybe Conor and Nate
Not sure what "do well" means, but Conor got concussed by a guy who's 40 and was retired for a few years and didn't even take it that seriously. Neither him nor Nate would have a chance in hell against any top 10 boxer.

Without grappling, a boxer can be the best striker the world, but never get the chance to use it.

That's why calling it closer to a real fight matters. Grapplers have, and will always have an advantage over boxers. Boxing fans cannot come to grips with that reality.

Hell, by allowing open palm satrikes Combat Jiu-JItsu is closer to a real fight than boxing
All fights start standing. Grapplers have an advantage on the ground. Boxers have an advantage on the feet. They are even. If they can get them down then they win. If not they lose.

BJJ lacks a good TD base which makes it hard to implement against pure boxing. No gi Judo has a similar problem. Without the ability to get the fight to the ground you will get lit up.

Wrestling has no striking and thus no striking defense. Being fixated on TDs can leave you open to getting hit. Like Toney showed.

It's a fight. Anything can happen. Believing in absolutes is how you lose.

But that's besides the point. I don't care who wins against who. I actually believe MMA fighters win a good 6/10 times. Maybe more.

The point is that the argument is fucking stupid and childish. I don't care if an MMA fighter KOs an Olympic wrestler. That not why I follow wrestling. The same goes for boxing. It's just a dick measuring contest. One side doesn't want to be worse than the other.

Isn't this prize fighting? all the causal reminding us about it right? then it's all about the money right? Well then there are more money in boxing. If you can be a top boxer than you are getting more. 100% of the ufc roster would not make it through a regional boxing circuit. Easy.
What a fucking moron. Most boxers could make more money in the UFC, than boxing, if they had the talent for grappling, and kickboxing. Most boxers aren't successful, and they rarely can make a living from it.

Prize fighters fight for prizes in arenas that match their talents.

Hell, by allowing open palm strikes Combat Jiu-JItsu is closer to a real fight than boxing.

The entire birth of the UFC was based on testing styles.

Please google turkish boxer street fight. Then tell me how a grappler even survive in such a scenario.
Reality is the best boxer in the universe against the best grappler/mt/whatever has the opportunity of winning with a sibgle strike. imagine an extreme scenario just for philosophic discussion. How does a grappler win a fight? close the distance. trow you and submit you. Imagine the best grappler in the universe. Ok? He still has to go through that process. In the mean time the best boxer in the universe has just to punch you in the chin to get you to sleep. This is somehow the mcgregor paradigm. As much as it is not nice to admit boxing is the most effective way of dealing with an opponent. Very simple. Unfortunately with boxing being the cash cow or at least historically the all ufc hype machine as always tried to diminish the value of it while all fighter have put their effort to learn it and still struggle.
Flamesuit on...but you know deep in your soul that im right.

Not sure what "do well" means, but Conor got concussed by a guy who's 40 and was retired for a few years and didn't even take it that seriously .
Don't play dumb.

I agree with him to a certain extent. If I was athletic and explosive and could write my own ticket in any sport it, I would choose these professions in this order:

1) WWE / NJPW / ROH
2) Boxing
3) Glory / World Combat League
4) MMA

Back