Mir vs Overeem confirmed for UFC 167!

What a card. I really hope Mir pulls this one off.

If Overeem finds a way to lose this one, his MMA career as a high level fighter/contender is pretty much done and over.

I think Overeem takes this by TKO in the first round. There's always a chance Mir could pull a submission but that's about all he's got here.

Wow that is an awesome card. I can't wait to see this one and I hope the card stays intact (no injuries). I can't see Mir getting past Overeem if he (Mir) decides to stay up against the cage in the clinch for more than 3 seconds. The only guy as of late who he stayed in the clinch against the cage and didn't destroy him was DC.

I like Mir better but I want Overeem to win since he has a longer future in the sport than Mir IMO

damnn, nice fight. Overeem will prolly win but I don't wanna see Mir lose 4 in a row

Damn that's a bad matchup for Mir imo.

Overeem should take it EASY. He showed glimmers of greatness in his last two fights, while I don't think there's a ten second period of either of Mir's last 3 fights where he was actually winning. I'm rooting for Mir, but I don't see him taking Overeem down or outstriking him, but I guess crazier things have happened. I just wish Mir would get a winnable fight right now.

Another bad match up for Mir. Force to cage, press, commence strikes.

I love Mir but good god this is going to be a massacre. Overeem by first round knockout. Good rebound fight for Reem though.

I'd pick Mir, maybe. Depends who has the better cardio. I'm surprised they didn't give them schaub/mitrione.

both guys are going to be fighting for their life in this matchup, but watching how Frank folded under Barnett's pressure I find it hard to imagine him surviving the Reem's clinch game.

That said, Mir has probably shown more heart over his career than Reem has so you never know. Overeem's confidence has to be at an all time low right now.

I do like the Reem but watching Frank sub him against the odds and break his losing streak would be beautiful.

I don't think Mir is ever going to get the boot. He's just going to get encouraged to retire and get a Chuck / Hughes like position. Hell, put the guy back behind the mic, now that Brock and Torres are gone we don't have to worry about him saying any dumb shit.

Tough fight to call, but I'll take AO

Somebody is getting knocked out cold and it most likely will be Mir. This is a very exciting fight to make. Both guys are legends in the sport and 2 of the most exciting fighters of all time. Loser has to leave. Kinda sad. Like both guys. Btw, even if Mir gets it to the ground I don't think Overeem messes around with him down there, I'm sure he will get back up and will also not go into Mir's guard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back