Mir vs Overeem confirmed for UFC 167!

Bad match for Mir. He can't take Reem down. Reem knocks Mir's head off - eliminating the need for Mir to decide to retire.

Francisco Miranda will win. Bank on that!!

With Overeems "lack of success" lately no one can write Mir off and he went the distance with DC, i dont think Reem could. If it gets past the 3rd its Mirs fight, as long as Reems not back on the juice.

Dos Santos beats Velasquez and paves the way for DC.

"He wants to get in close to use that reach advantage." ~ Mike Goldberg

Wow, Frank isn't taking any easy fights. Bad stylistic matchup for him, but who isn't? This seems like a "loser leaves town match" between two very high-profile guys.

Interesting match up that can go anyway. If Mir can get past Overeem's early power then his cardio can win this fight and possibly he can get a TKO on him if he's able to land a somewhat decent shot on Overeem. On the the other hand Mir seems to have a blueprint where he gets beat up against the cage which happens to be Overeem's strong point as of late. I don't see Mir surviving a similar beat down as Travis. I favor Overeem on this fight but not by much.

Wow... I'm amazed the poll is so lopsided.

I'm betting Mir takes it.

With Overeems "lack of success" lately no one can write Mir off and he went the distance with DC, i dont think Reem could. If it gets past the 3rd its Mirs fight, as long as Reems not back on the juice.

Dos Santos beats Velasquez and paves the way for DC.

"He wants to get in close to use that reach advantage." ~ Mike Goldberg

There's only 3 rounds.

The UFC should bill this as the battle of Chins, Cardio, and Recovery

Noooooo! I clicked on Mir by mistake! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :icon_cry2
I feel dirty.

I seriously cant vote yet. both are very pathetic in certain mma aspects and elite in others.

Maybe I learn towards overeem bc mir can't handle getting hit.

Overeem is a nightmare for Mir. strong as fuck, brutal KO power, good takedown defense and likes to bully people people in the clinch and against the cage. knowing Greg Jackson as we know him, expect Frank to have a pulling guard/falling on his back constantly ala Werdum type of gameplan.

my prediction: Mir gets destroyed once again and retires.

Mir by Kongo-esque knock down sub.

Back