Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

Let's get back to you being a grunt. Why don't you try and tell us things that only a grunt would know. Tell me things that only someone who went through grunt AIT would know. Like where did you go for your first on base weekend pass in AIT, and on what post.

Here is the thing 'Viva', I don't give two shits weather you believe I was in the military or not. No matter what I say, you will not believe me. As for fouled mouth officers, have you heard of General George Patton? Also, why the fuck would I want to impersonate a soldier?

But I'll play along because I do have a hilarious story from Ft. Benning, GA, IOBC (Infantry Officer Basic Course).

First, going back to when I was a Private, E-3, in basic training. Ft. Benning, this was 1988, and you could not leave post on the weekend. You could walk to the PX, church, or the movie theater. Folks from that time will remember that both the reception station and the big auditorium where they held church services was adorned with the insignia of U.S. Army units on the wall. The reception station ones where made of metal (small), the ones in the auditorium where huge and made of wood. Also, the range targets where the ones with the plastic Russian soldiers. ...man that was a while back.

The IOBC story was also at Ft. Benning (Home of the Infantry) in 1991. This was a class of 2nd Lieutenants. We had been in the field (woods) for about 3 weeks practicing small-unit tactics: Troop-Leading Procedures, Patrolling, Ambushes, etc. On this one afternoon, my Platoon had been split up into Friendlies and OPFOR (Opposing Forces) or the Enemy. It was an ambush scenario. I was on the team that was going to shoot up the OPFOR when they came across the road. Well, we are finishing things up when I hear music in the background. The other guys do to. I'm like 'what-the-fuck'? We all just freeze and look at each other. I could not believe it. It was one of 100 ice cream trucks on the base driving through our ambush site.

Note: Civilians that worked at Ft. Benning used to have access to training areas back in those days. I'm sure it all changed after 9/11. Domino's Pizza would deliver in the field and so did the ice cream truck. The drivers could also be soldiers working a second job. They had a military map and a compass. They used roads and trails. They probably did land-navigation better than we or the Rangers did. They knew when and where training was taking place.

Anyway, the Lieutenants drop their gear (with the exception of the weapon) and go running after the ice cream truck like a bunch of 6 year olds. These were grown men. Some guys did carry cash on them so they paid for those who did not. I thought the instructors were going to 'kill us', but they were laughing their asses off. They gave us a 'time-out' for ice cream since we had been doing a good job for the week.

That's one of my best memories of IOBC. I don't think they even call it that anymore. I think there is another acronym now...

Dude, read his posts again, and ask yourself, is that how a retired major writes?

I noticed they have deleted our conversation on the other thread on the 'War Room'. "If there was a draft tomorrow for WWIII, would you show up?" Derailing the subject.

So, I'll re-write it here...
How are retired U.S. Army officers supposed to talk? I'm not a Chaplain. Major, not major. That's U.S. Air Force writing. Abbreviation in the U.S. Army is MAJ.

I worked as the S-3 (Operations) and S-2 (Intelligence) of a U.S. Army Battalion. I was responsible for issuing Security Clearances to the soldiers (Officers/NCOs). I was helping ‘helltoupee’ on another thread with his security clearance questions, and no, some of the things I mentioned cannot be pulled from the internet. Thread listed below.

Link: http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/does-a-us-president-have-the-highest-security-clearance.3573787/

Just looking at it from a neutral perspective, it seems quite clear that he was already talking on the assumption that you realized he was actually in the US Army, which is why he addressed specific details regarding the Army. @Phr3121 is most likely not lying.

If you want to talk shit about someone for their personality, that's fine, but calling into question someone's integrity regarding their service over something so minor is fucking insulting. Even the veterans on this site that I find to be giant douchebags aren't going to see me question their service without good cause.

The whole Stolen Valor shit is out of hand.

Here is the thing 'Viva', I don't give two shits weather you believe I was in the military or not. No matter what I say, you will not believe me. As for fouled mouth officers, have you heard of General George Patton? Also, why the fuck would I want to impersonate a soldier?

But I'll play along because I do have a hilarious story from Ft. Benning, GA, IOBC (Infantry Officer Basic Course).

First, going back to when I was a Private, E-3, in basic training. Ft. Benning, this was 1988, and you could not leave post on the weekend. You could walk to the PX, church, or the movie theater. Folks from that time will remember that both the reception station and the big auditorium where they held church services was adorned with the insignia of U.S. Army units on the wall. The reception station ones where made of metal (small), the ones in the auditorium where huge and made of wood. Also, the range targets where the ones with the plastic Russian soldiers. ...man that was a while back.

The IOBC story was also at Ft. Benning (Home of the Infantry) in 1991. This was a class of 2nd Lieutenants. We had been in the field (woods) for about 3 weeks practicing small-unit tactics: Troop-Leading Procedures, Patrolling, Ambushes, etc. On this one afternoon, my Platoon had been split up into Friendlies and OPFOR (Opposing Forces) or the Enemy. It was an ambush scenario. I was on the team that was going to shoot up the OPFOR when they came across the road. Well, we are finishing things up when I hear music in the background. The other guys do to. I'm like 'what-the-fuck'? We all just freeze and look at each other. I could not believe it. It was one of 100 ice cream trucks on the base driving through our ambush site.

Note: Civilians that worked at Ft. Benning used to have access to training areas back in those days. I'm sure it all changed after 9/11. Domino's Pizza would deliver in the field and so did the ice cream truck. The drivers could also be soldiers working a second job. They had a military map and a compass. They used roads and trails. They probably did land-navigation better than we or the Rangers did. They knew when and where training was taking place.

Anyway, the Lieutenants drop their gear (with the exception of the weapon) and go running after the ice cream truck like a bunch of 6 year olds. These were grown men. Some guys did carry cash on them so they paid for those who did not. I thought the instructors were going to 'kill us', but they were laughing their asses off. They gave us a 'time-out' for ice cream since we had been doing a good job for the week.

That's one of my best memories of IOBC. I don't think they even call it that anymore. I think there is another acronym now...

Well, i bet someone was at Benning in that era, and could verify.

If you are legit, it's ok, because you started this shit by accusing me of lying about being a vet, so in that case, we are just equally covered in shit.

Kind of put me in a situation where I destroy this account for you, or we come out even. Strategically flawed for an infantryman. Wouldn't want to take commands from someone who walked into that.

@VivaRevolutionIf you're gonna call someone out for stolen valor you gotta be damn sure you're right. If you're wrong, imo, you're just as bad as someone that has stolen valor.

If you are legit, it's ok, because you started this shit by accusing me of lying about being a vet, so in that case, we are just equally covered in shit. Kind of put me in a situation where I destroy this account for you, or we come out even. Strategically flawed for an infantryman. Wouldn't want to take commands from someone who walked into that.

No, your accusations and insults with me started way back on the "ISIS/Syria/Iraq" thread. I did not start anything and I'm certainly not covered in shit. I don't 'bully' or insult people. Yeah, it's always someone else's fault isn't it? Would not want to have it in my team or give 'commands' to someone like that....you must have made some poor NCOs life miserable.

Last edited:
Wouldn't want to take commands from someone who walked into that.

* Postscript: Commands are in the bible, in the U.S. Army we give orders...

...anyway, I'm done here 'Viva', I feel like a dog chasing it's tail. Good luck with your argument.

"Whiskey Bravo"

<NoneOfMy>

No, your accusations and insults with me started way back on the "ISIS/Syria/Iraq" thread. I did not start anything and I'm certainly not covered in shit. I don't 'bully' or insult people. Yeah, it's always someone else's fault isn't it? Would not want to have it in my team or give 'commands' to someone like that....you must have made some poor NCOs life miserable.

Ehh, not so fast. I want to keep this going until someone comes along who can verify your story. It is interesting, I will give you that. You give some detail, which should be points in favor for your claims, but then your story goes onto say that you were in a training exercise, abandoned your post, and were rewarded with an icecream social hour for this action, which sounds a bit different then the army I knew. At least in a training environment.

I mean up until you were rewarded by the training staff, I was with you. That story would seem more in line with what I know if it ended with you crawling through a mile of sand, with a smile on your face, thinking it was worth it.

From what I've seen...the Australians are WAY better at troop welfare than the US Marine Corps and (I assume) the US Army

I'm willing to bet that fucking improves performance

From what I've seen...the Australians are WAY better at troop welfare than the US Marine Corps and (I assume) the US Army

I'm willing to bet that fucking improves performance

Are you saying that the dirty Australians are better fighters than the US Marine Corps?

<{clintugh}>

For any Navy Vet in here ..... tell me about the Gayness of your Chief Season.

I was looking at the latest west coast courts martial and it's good that at least not everyone is getting kicked out now just over weed or going UA. Some dude popped for cocaine and he wasn't even busted down.

I was looking at the latest west coast courts martial and it's good that at least not everyone is getting kicked out now just over weed or going UA. Some dude popped for cocaine and he wasn't even busted down.

It's almost like it's a different command climate...

Da fuck? What branch of service was the guy in?

Sounds like bullshit to me. Why would they lax on drug use when the military is shrinking. They should have done it from 2003 to 2008 when military was trying to keep people in. Remember 'Stop-Loss'?

"All branches of the military take a zero tolerance approach to drug use and vigorously prosecute drug offenders. If you have tested positive for an illegal substance, or are being investigated for involvement in a drug offense, you are likely to face significant punishment as a consequence—including a possible court-martial or other administrative action. This could result in the termination of your career." This still holds true.

Was 'cocaine boy' maybe in the Merchant Marines?

Back