Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

Any other infantry get flash backs from this

WTF did I just watch?
Post wasn't bad as long as you had a book or magazine during the day (hidden behind your plates) and jerked off at night with your NVGs close by.

Never forget your Jesus creepers.

257107_molokaiartseries,p_bkb_top1.jpg

I was on a deployment to the Philippines back in the day and we were in the jungle. We were in dry season and the water trucks were going to be delayed, so... NO SHOWERS.

But...

I'm straight out of the Georgia woods so I waited until it looked like rain... It started coming down and I put on some shorts sans underwear. I grabbed a bar of soap, my flip-flops, and had a nice warm jungle shower. That's how we took showers back home. We didn't have indoor plumbing until we got lucky and moved to the projects.

True story.

I was on a deployment to the Philippines back in the day and we were in the jungle. We were in dry season and the water trucks were going to be delayed, so... NO SHOWERS.

But...

I'm straight out of the Georgia woods so I waited until it looked like rain... It started coming down and I put on some shorts sans underwear. I grabbed a bar of soap, my flip-flops, and had a nice warm jungle shower. That's how we took showers back home. We didn't have indoor plumbing until we got lucky and moved to the projects.

True story.
Were you that hill billy whose family cried when they saw your new teeth?

Were you that hill billy whose family cried when they saw your new teeth?

Nah. They were glad that I was getting 3 squares a day on the reg.

Nah. They were glad that I was getting 3 squares a day on the reg.
Good shit. We had a hill billy from WV that spent phase 1 in dental and his mom cried when she saw his teeth. Good dude, country as fuck

Hey gents....long story short....and I am not sure if people check the vets thread anymore....broke a tooth and the VA fixed it the next day. I am honesty starting to like the VA system. Just wanted to rant a little. Thanks.

Hey gents....long story short....and I am not sure if people check the vets thread anymore....broke a tooth and the VA fixed it the next day. I am honesty starting to like the VA system. Just wanted to rant a little. Thanks.
Consider yourself lucky. I had a crown put on and later found out it was botched but they wouldn't fix it because I was getting out and not deploying. "It's easy, just make a claim with the VA within a certain amount of time." :/

Friend of mine is 82nd and a mutual friend of ours who is the youngest of three brothers just got done with the initial part of basic.

My buddy from the 82nd said he woke up the other morning and walked out into the living room area around 10AM and the youngest brother was just waking up and had the look on his face of "what the fuck did I sign up for"

He didn't go straight from the initial portion of basic to that instruction course because he broke his ankle during like week 3 so they're waiting for him to get fully healed or something I guess.

To quote my buddy that was 82nd "apparently drink some water and take a knee is no longer the do it all cure it was when I was in"

Friend of mine is 82nd and a mutual friend of ours who is the youngest of three brothers just got done with the initial part of basic.

My buddy from the 82nd said he woke up the other morning and walked out into the living room area around 10AM and the youngest brother was just waking up and had the look on his face of "what the fuck did I sign up for"

He didn't go straight from the initial portion of basic to that instruction course because he broke his ankle during like week 3 so they're waiting for him to get fully healed or something I guess.

To quote my buddy that was 82nd "apparently drink some water and take a knee is no longer the do it all cure it was when I was in"
What do you need your ankles for. The plane brings you to where you're going.

giphy.gif

lol, best part I think is the youngest brother is going to be like an air traffic controller or something...
That's good. At least he will have a skill when he gets out. If he makes it through that school.

The 82nd seems to be the Marine Corps of the Army. It's like some kind of cult.

I think we have a case of stolen valor here. Inviting the WR veterans to come out this guy......

Than you would know this is how you write it: U.S. Army.
What branch were you in?

Infantry and Civil Affairs. Started out enlisted, went through OCS, and retired as a Major. 20 Years.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/i...ld-you-show-up.3514445/page-13#post-131940967

To be clear here, what kind of Vet answers the question of what branch were you in, with their job description, not MOS, their rank, and years of service?

Back