Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

Plenty of SF units do 6 month (or less) deployments. Let's not pretend that regular service standards are overly difficult. You seem very bitter in your comments about the military despite your service. How many deployments did you do that were more than 6 months long operating on the front line without McDonalds/Burger King/Pizza hut or enjoying the delicacy of Mr Whippy ice cream makers at the defac....

I know about SF deployments in the U.S. Army my friend. I was in it for 20 years. Looks like the U.S. Air Force joke did not go over very well for you. I guess you are U.S. Air Force, and I have respect for all branches of the military. I'm 'bitter' about my comments about the military? Whatever gave you that idea? Why would I spend 20 years in it if I was bitter about the military? I loved my time in the military. I did a 1 year deployment to Iraq in 2003.

What about you. What branch of the military were you in? What was your rank? What was your MOS? How many deployments did you do? How many years were you in?

i was stationed like twenty minutes away from Landstuhl/Rammstein. Just going to that legendary exchange and seeing how happy the AF homies were. It was a night and day difference between that and our Army base haha.

i was stationed like twenty minutes away from Landstuhl/Rammstein. Just going to that legendary exchange and seeing how happy the AF homies were. It was a night and day difference between that and our Army base haha.

Baumholder?

I know about SF deployments in the U.S. Army my friend. I was in it for 20 years. Looks like the U.S. Air Force joke did not go over very well for you. I guess you are U.S. Air Force, and I have respect for all branches of the military. I'm 'bitter' about my comments about the military? Whatever gave you that idea? Why would I spend 20 years in it if I was bitter about the military? I loved my time in the military. I did a 1 year deployment to Iraq in 2003.

What about you. What branch of the military were you in? What was your rank? What was your MOS? How many deployments did you do? How many years were you in?

I am not disclosing any of that shit on here to you- but I can tell you I've spent >8 months a year overseas for the past 16 years, and currently overseas now. My point is that you seem to judge someone in the air force for doing 6 month tours. You said "1.5 mile runs and 6 month deployments", not all tours are created equal. 6 month tours spending everyday amongst the shit is somewhat different from 12 months living on a camp with hot showers, ice cream, burger bars etc. Where the biggest threat is the odd IDF attack 500m away while queuing at the nearest subway for the BLT lol....

I am not disclosing any of that shit on here to you.

"...any of that shit..." Well, I have a problem with that and I think other veterans will too. 'That shit', as you put it, is our proud history in the United States military. Like I mentioned before, I'm proud of all branches of the military and individuals who serve on those branches. Yes, that includes you also. But I find it really odd you can't tell others here basic information about your military service, which raises a few 'red flags'. What are you afraid of? It is not like we are going to be coming after you. Most have no problem disclosing that information, in fact they are proud of it.

"8 months out of the year for 16 years - amongst the shit." Well, you have been in for a while and must be in the upper ranks. With all this secrecy I'm assuming, maybe, you are a Special Operator. SEAL, Special Forces, Delta. The only thing I don't have is branch, rank, and MOS.

Here is mine:
. What branch of the military were you in? U.S. Army.
. What was your rank? Started as a Private and retired as a Major - Source of Commission: OCS.
. What was your MOS? Infantry (11B) & Civil Affairs (38A).
. How many deployments did you do? 1.
. How many years were you in? 20.

Like I mentioned before, the post/video of the girl was a joke, but you did not get it. Marines and Army give each other shit all the time but respect each other as brothers. I don't know why you are so offended by what I said about the U.S. Air Force. I was actually complementing it on how good looking their females are compared to the U.S. Army. Heck, the U.S. Air Force used to be part of the U.S. Army prior to its creation as an individual branch in 1947. I don't give 'two shits' about a service's PT or deployment requirements. The fact a young man or woman chose to serve his/her country is what I find honorable. Be proud of your accomplishments and stop with the inferiority complex.

Last edited:
Honestly just because you want to place your entire resume online on a forum does not mean I wish to. In one post you pretend 1.5 mile runs are super easy and 6 month tours...and the next you're saying all that matters is that people serve. And the best compliment for someone serving is 'how good looking they are'? You seem to be almost arguing with yourself at this point lol...choose a fucking side and stick with it and stop switching.

"...any of that shit..." Well, I have a problem with that and I think other veterans will too. 'That shit', as you put it, is our proud history in the United States military. Like I mentioned before, I'm proud of all branches of the military and individuals who serve on those branches. Yes, that includes you also. But I find it really odd you can't tell others here basic information about your military service, which raises a few 'red flags'. What are you afraid of? It is not like we are going to be coming after you. Most have no problem disclosing that information, in fact they are proud of it.

"8 months out of the year for 16 years - amongst the shit." Well, you have been in for a while and must be in the upper ranks. With all this secrecy I'm assuming, maybe, you are a Special Operator. SEAL, Special Forces, Delta. The only thing I don't have is branch, rank, and MOS.

Here is mine:
. What branch of the military were you in? U.S. Army.
. What was your rank? Started as a Private and retired as a Major - Source of Commission: OCS.
. What was your MOS? Infantry (11B) & Civil Affairs (38A).
. How many deployments did you do? 1.
. How many years were you in? 20.

Like I mentioned before, the post/video of the girl was a joke, but you did not get it. Marines and Army give each other shit all the time but respect each other as brothers. I don't know why you are so offended by what I said about the U.S. Air Force. I was actually complementing it on how good looking their females are compared to the U.S. Army. Heck, the U.S. Air Force used to be part of the U.S. Army prior to its creation as an individual branch in 1947. I don't give 'two shits' about a service's PT or deployment requirements. The fact a young man or woman chose to serve his/her country is what I find honorable. Be proud of your accomplishments and stop with the inferiority complex.

By the way, I had more work, stress, and headaches stateside doing the work of 3 individuals (12 hour days, 7 days a week) than I did during my deployment. This due to shortage in manpower. My deployment was a vacation compared to what I had to do during 2 of my years in service. So, you are absolutely right about the differences in deployments.
<{MingNope}>

Sir GymTanLaundry

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

I was one of the first Airmen assigned to joint duty at Landstuhl.

I freakin' love Germany.

that is correct

Dude I'll tell you I spent some time there for a few things. I thought baumholder proper kind of sucked, not like Ft Polk suck because it was still Germany but not too great, I was just tdy though. We spent some time hanging out in Belgium and K town. Good ranges though. How did you like it? They're building that area up now.

I was down south of that area, had some good times when I wasn't overseas, or otherwise TDY.

Just PCSd back to the states from being at Ramstein for 2 years. Had a blast. I have been to over 20 countries now. Pretty crazy.

Dude I'll tell you I spent some time there for a few things. I thought baumholder proper kind of sucked, not like Ft Polk suck because it was still Germany but not too great, I was just tdy though. We spent some time hanging out in Belgium and K town. Good ranges though. How did you like it? They're building that area up now.

I was down south of that area, had some good times when I wasn't overseas, or otherwise TDY.
U at stuttgart?
I loved it, traveled all over germany and europe when i wasnt deployed or in graf/hohenfels.

Aren't they called Dorms, not barracks, in the AF?
I went shooting with a bunch of vet friends. Just for reference these were the branches and the jobs in said branches that were there:
- Air Force, mechanic
- Standard Army infantry that had been stationed at Ft Drum
- 82nd Airborne vet
- Marine Recon Battalion
- Navy Corpsman

The BITCHING that went on all directed at the Air Force guy for his on base living quarters was almost disturbing.

I went shooting with a bunch of vet friends. Just for reference these were the branches and the jobs in said branches that were there:
- Air Force, mechanic
- Standard Army infantry that had been stationed at Ft Drum
- 82nd Airborne vet
- Marine Recon Battalion
- Navy Corpsman

The BITCHING that went on all directed at the Air Force guy for his on base living quarters was almost disturbing.
the Airmen stationed at my base in Germany (about 20 or so) all got paid substandard living conditions pay....

and they were one to a room, while we were generally two...

we got nothing, for reference. Take your room and like it

Back