Media Michael Chandler getting frustrated with McGregor delays

Unfortunately there was many of us calling this early on that the fight was likely to not happen and that chandler is getting played along. He’s starting to realize it that the payday is slipping or has already slipped between his fingers and he’s just been sitting on his hands all this time when he could have been earning fighting other people. And he’s in his later 30s so that was some of the few years he has left being physically there. As Father Time is likely starting to come for him

Unfortunately there was many of us calling this early on that the fight was likely to not happen and that chandler is getting played along. He’s starting to realize it that the payday is slipping or has already slipped between his fingers and he’s just been sitting on his hands all this time when he could have been earning fighting other people. And he’s in his later 30s so that was some of the few years he has left being physically there. As Father Time is likely starting to come for him
He probably could've made around 60-70% of the money he'd make in the Conor fight if he'd have fought (and won) a couple times by now.

Why does Chandler need Conor's permission to carry on with his career and life? No one is making Mike sit on the sidelines and wait. Just his greed.

He is not waiting for Conor's "permission" dummy. Conor is the money fight - he is waiting to fight him. He was offered it and took it, and now Conor has not been ready and forcing him to sit OR take a fight with a lot more financial risk. If he loses, he loses the payday. It isn't that hard to understand.

He is not waiting for Conor's "permission" dummy. Conor is the money fight - he is waiting to fight him. He was offered it and took it, and now Conor has not been ready and forcing him to sit OR take a fight with a lot more financial risk. If he loses, he loses the payday. It isn't that hard to understand.
I know it isn't, that's why I made that point earlier. But that's HIS choice. His choices have little to do with Conor and more to do with him being greedy. In short, if he wanted to fight, he could. Your original posit was that Conor should tell Chandler he won't fight him. Chandler waiting for that message is entirely on him, not on Conor.

I know it isn't, that's why I made that point earlier. But that's HIS choice. His choices have little to do with Conor and more to do with him being greedy. In short, if he wanted to fight, he could. Your original posit was that Conor should tell Chandler he won't fight him. Chandler waiting for that message is entirely on him, not on Conor.

Your definition of greed is funny. Imagine prize fighters wanting to fight for money - how outrageous!

Your definition of greed is funny. Imagine prize fighters wanting to fight for money - how outrageous!
Imagine a prizefighter taking no fights, making no money, while waiting for a longshot and then complaining that he's not making money. How outrageous!!

He probably could've made around 60-70% of the money he'd make in the Conor fight if he'd have fought (and won) a couple times by now.

Even accounting for PPV points? Plus the fact he could have got injured. I can understand waiting if he it wa more certain but Conor has been treating him like dogshit and there comes a point when your self respect has to kick in. He should have told Conor to go fuck himself.

That McGregor fight is probably worth 3-4x his typical paydays, smart guy.

When you are offered a winning lotto ticket, why settle for scratch offs.

This isn't rocket science - take McGregors balls out of your mouth you dunce.
Because he hasn't been actually offered anything. He's been fed a pipedream that's chances are fading fast, and he's CHOSEN to sit on the sideline this whole time. If I offer you a lotto ticket that MIGHT win next time the lotto hits a billion, and you pass up on guaranteed money to wait for that chance, that's entirely on you.

I'm the furthest thing from a Conor fan, and I hope we never have to see him fight again. When it happens, it won't be Chandler, it'll be some tune up or money fight at 170 that he knows he can win. And Iron Mike will have no one to blame for his loss of income other than himself.

It's not rocket science. There is one person to blame for Mike's frustrations, and it's not Conor for not telling him he won't fight.

This whole thing just seems like a huge waste of time, they were supposed to fight not long after TUF finished, then it got put back too the end of the year December, then nothing happened.. and its just going on and on and on.

And besides if you listen to Conor in interviews he is never clear on the fight, very vague and wishy washy, just lots of mumbling and we'll see what happens type of answers.

This whole thing seems like a giant waste of everyones time

This whole thing just seems like a huge waste of time, they were supposed to fight not long after TUF finished, then it got put back too the end of the year December, then nothing happened.. and its just going on and on and on.

And besides if you listen to Conor in interviews he is never clear on the fight, very vague and wishy washy, just lots of mumbling and we'll see what happens type of answers.

This whole thing seems like a giant waste of everyones time
Which we all called when they announced it on TUF. Everyone knows that Conor isn't going to fight Mike, except Mike, apparently. I really became a fan of his during TUF, and he just needs to move on and fight someone else.

I dont feel sorry for Mike. He's choosing to sit on the sideline to chase this fight. Missing out on making money, climbing the ladder. All that good shit. And complaining the whole time. He can take fights and still campaign for this fight.

McGregor vs Chandler is the best fight to make. Both will come out launching bombs and someone is being KTFO by round 1 or latest rd 2.

If chandler REALLY wants the fight...
He should go full napalm calling McGregor a "scared pussy" (not my words (officially) , just what he should say)

Basically shit talk him like mad, McGregor acts like a child so I really think that approach would make him take the fight.

Basically call him a chicken, Wallid Ismael Style.

I liked Michael Chandler and his post messages. I hope he gets Conor then Paddy and moves up to fight Ian Gerry.

Call it the "Missouri versus British" super series or something.

Last edited:
McGregor “Forgotten”? Lol why you chasing to fight a forgotten guy?

Is it because he’s the most well remembered MMA superstar ever?

No MMA fighter comes anywhere close to how popular McGregor is, not even close.

The man is a who’s who of fighting. Chandler is nothing, puts on a few exciting fights and cuts one good promo and suddenly he thinks he’s on Mcgregor’s level lol.

He's a piece of human trash, and a completely washed up, alcoholic rotten human being.

And the fact you like to gargle his sperm doesn't change that one bit.

I dont feel sorry for Mike. He's choosing to sit on the sideline to chase this fight. Missing out on making money, climbing the ladder. All that good shit. And complaining the whole time. He can take fights and still campaign for this fight.
He can't campaign for it if he loses. That's why he doesn't fight. But that's his choice. If you have confidence that you can win, go win and keep calling him out. Or... keep calling him out from the couch and miss out on the cash.

At first I felt bad for Mike but at this point you're doing it to yourself. Being pissed at a juiced/drugged out part time fighter that is unreliable for not being committed to something kinda starts to fall on you as well after a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back