Michael Bisping: It Wont Be a Fluke if Conor McGregor Knocks Out Floyd Mayweather!

Sorry, but you don't know what a fluke is. Flukes are unlikely events that happen by chance, not by design. If you plan on knocking someone out and it happens it's not a fluke, no matter how unlikely you are to succeed. Nothing you do intentionally is a fluke, by factual definition.
You are talking absolute nonsense.

Something unlikely or in other words, some event with low probability of happening and most likely can't be repeated, is the definition of a fluke. I think given each's boxing records... Conor getting a KO would be a fluke.
That's not the definition. That's half the definition. It has an element of intent as well.

Sorry, but you don't know what a fluke is. Flukes are unlikely events that happen by chance, not by design. If you plan on knocking someone out and it happens it's not a fluke, no matter how unlikely you are to succeed. Nothing you do intentionally is a fluke, by factual definition.

I realize this forum has made a habit of using this word incorrectly, and that's likely what confuses so many of you, but you're wrong.
Not all punches are intended to knock someone out.

Threads exclusively devoted to semantics are always fun.

Not all punches are intended to knock someone out.
I guess if Conor throws a body shot and Floyd ducks into it and gets knocked out that would be fluke-ish, but now you're splitting hairs. You know what Bisping means and he's right. Conor would be going into that fight planning to knock Floyd out, and would be throwing punches with that intention.

As a verb fluke
is to obtain a successful outcome by pure chance.

What does chance mean? It can not be INTENTIONAL and a random occurrence.
i can't believe im entertaining you idiots but, a punch can be thrown at a target 100 times and if the opponent dodges 99 of them, then the one that landed was a fluke because it happened randomly. Getting two punches in a row would not happen given the two fighters. A landed punch would be considered random.

You honestly have no idea what you are talking about.

Randomness is the lack of a repeatable pattern which has nothing to do with intention moron.

It has nothing to do with intention.

http://wikidiff.com/accident/fluke

just read the left side
Fluke is being used as a verb when describing the outcome of a fight. The blurb about it's use as a noun vs. accident in that link is mostly nonsense.... It's synonymous with accident. Look up the definition of that word anywhere and it's defined as happening by chance, coincidence, with no intent or design.

I'm sorry that Sherdog has impacted your education to such a depressing degree.

Fluke is being used as a verb when describing the outcome of a fight. The blurb about it's use as a noun in that link is mostly nonsense.... Look up the definition of that word anywhere and it's defined as happening by chance, coincidence, with no intent or design.

I'm sorry that Sherdog has impacted your education to such a depressing degree.
scroll up and get a free education you bozo

Randomness is the lack of a repeatable pattern which has nothing to do with intention moron.
Randomness isn't the lack of a repeatable pattern, you buffoon, it's just a result that has no planning or design behind it. Who the fuck taught you english?

This fight will be like Dimitrius Johnson v. Conor McGregor but the goal of Dimitrius is to just run and maybe jump in with the occasional punch.

Randomness isn't the lack of a repeatable pattern, you buffoon, it's just a result that has no planning or design behind it. Who the fuck taught you english?
tenor.gif

If an amateur boxer with a record of 0-0 knocks out the greatest boxer on the planet, then yes I would call that a fluke

It completely refutes what you said. You say that it wouldn't be a fluke, but then go on to admit it would be a highly unlikely thing to happen... Even though that's part of the definition of the word Fluke.

People need to stop saying that just because you intend to do something, it can't be a fluke or contributed to luck. It's silly.
No, it doesn't refute what I said. Something being unlikely doesn't make it a fluke; something that's unlikely and happens by pure chance is a fluke. That's what the definition says, and that's correct. If it doesn't happen by chance, however, it's NOT a fluke.

No, it doesn't refute what I said. Something being unlikely doesn't make it a fluke; something that's unlikely and happens by pure chance is a fluke. That's what the definition says, and that's correct. If it doesn't happen by chance, however, it's NOT a fluke.

Nah, a fluke can be either an extremely unlikely event and/or an occurrence that would fail at least 90-something times out of 100.

bisping is so right about the whole watching boxing thing, i hardly ever know when theres a good fight.

i want to watch more but end up missing like 90 % of the fights i'd have wanted to see.

can't even go on wiki and see what the whole boxing card is n shit.

Not by it's actual definition, but if you want to continue using the word wrong I can't stop you.

That's how people use the term. Words are defined primarily by how they're used by the majority of people.

More so, one of the definitions of Chance is just the mere possibility of something happening, so... :)

Back