Michael Bisping: It Wont Be a Fluke if Conor McGregor Knocks Out Floyd Mayweather!

That's how people use the term. Words are defined primarily by how they're used by the majority of people.

More so, one of the definitions of Chance is just the mere possibility of something happening, so... :)
That's one use in the noun form; and isn't the correct one for this context.

I wouldn't advise using Sherdog's majority rules ignorance as your educational compass, but at least you're not being a prick about it. So, carry on.

Bisbing's cohost is a oblivious. People are only talking about GGG? How about Lomachenko? Crawford? Or Alvarez who is a tested PPV draw?

No it isn't. A KO puncher getting a KO isn't a fluke. And you certainly can't say before the fight is even official that one guy winning a fight is an unequivocal fluke.

The skill disparity is massive. You may as well say that about 100 boxers nobody has ever heard of. They hit hard.

That's not the definition. That's half the definition. It has an element of intent as well.

Then we are back to the lottery ticket because people buy them with the intent to win.

Regardless of intent, anybody winning the lottery is a fluke. The probability of you winning the lottery is so improbable it is a fluke. And should not be expected to happen ever again.

Which is the same thing as the Mayweather-McGregor situation. GSP -Serra is harder to call. The skill disparity between those two are huge. But between Conor and Floyd the disparity is exponentially bigger. I mean, are you people serious? This guy can barely outbox Nate Diaz. He has no chance against the best of his time. What the actual fuck.

Last edited:
Bisping needs to quit drinking before getting in front of the camera.

King Shertard for the day. 8 minion Shertards throwing likes also live in the kingdom of stupid.

There are no cameras, there is no video. I understand the reference, but f*ck man, don't open your fucking mouth if you don't know wtf you're talking about even.

Amount of stupid in this place is beyond me..not surprised MFs

While mayweather is obviously the better "boxer" mcgregor does possess
Great timing and reflexes and if he manages to land a clean counter and hurt floyd I would have a hard time calling it a fluke he's proven time and time again that he is a high level counter striker

Conor looks good against smaller MMA fighters but we don't really know that he is a high level counter striker. A fight with Floyd will let us know where his boxing is at. I think Conor's power is over exaggerated because again he is always the larger fighter.

He was not bigger than Nate and Nate had great success against him. This is why defending at LW is important. We don't really know how good he is until he fights top guys that are just as big and strong as he is.

tumblr_mysigcdtI71ry1rm7o1_400.gif

That's one use in the noun form; and isn't the correct one for this context.

I wouldn't advise using Sherdog's majority rules ignorance as your educational compass, but at least you're not being a prick about it. So, carry on.

I'm talking about the majority of people in general, not just Shertards.

Conor looks good against smaller MMA fighters but we don't really know that he is a high level counter striker. A fight with Floyd will let us know where his boxing is at. I think Conor's power is over exaggerated because again he is always the larger fighter.

He was not bigger than Nate and Nate had great success against him. This is why defending at LW is important. We don't really know how good he is until he fights top guys that are just as big and strong as he is.
795.gif

You sound retarded; boarder line low functioning autistic.

Goat FW ducked him. Mcgregor punched him out in 13secs and walked through the left hook counter. Aldo has not looked good since.

Diaz is much bigger and a south paw fighter replacement for RDA who ducked Mcgregor days before the fight.

The second Brazilian to do so.

Mcgregor gased and lost. He came back, adjusted, and his striking looked even better. He floored Diaz 3x in 2 rds. Who the fuck floors Diaz on punches?

Try again.

All this rubbish about defending title is stone age mentality. GSP defended but ducked Silva yet magically will now fight at MW. How fucking convenient?

How many fighters "defended" and are now broke?

Bob Arum boxing promoter just called out UFC for wanting 50% of the Mcgregor vs Floyd Purse. Fuck orgs that pull this shit on their fighters. If this fight does not happen, I will boycott every PPV card from here on.

Android box ftw!

Ironically enough, hendo needed drugs to beat Count as did many others + Hendo had a 9-12 UFC record on gear + he had a 0-4 rec in gift title shots.

Count even stated he had no fucking clue what TRT was back then.

Bisping 1 punched RockH in his first title shot after being ducked for a decade.

Without gear, Hendo could not handle the mighty BISPING

WAR COUNT

I guess if Conor throws a body shot and Floyd ducks into it and gets knocked out that would be fluke-ish, but now you're splitting hairs. You know what Bisping means and he's right. Conor would be going into that fight planning to knock Floyd out, and would be throwing punches with that intention.
Like I said, technically a fluke is what a fluke is ... but it has a common usage that is a little different.

Last edited:
Sorry, no, if the intent is for it to land it's not a fluke. If you try to miss and you hit him that is a fluke perhaps.
get this through your thick skull because i wont repeat myself AGAIN

a fluke is an event occurring that has a low probability of it happening, like an amateur boxer knocking out a world class champion boxer... 9/10 the champ wins so the amateur winning would be a fluke. Now get lost you bother me.

get this through your thick skull because i wont repeat myself AGAIN

a fluke is an event occurring that has a low probability of it happening, like an amateur boxer knocking out a world class champion boxer... 9/10 the champ wins so the amateur winning would be a fluke. Now get lost you bother me.
I don't care how many times you say the same thing moron, you posted the definition. I used the definition you posted. It requires RANDOM CHANCE. If you don't like it, I don't care. Again, YOUR definition tool.

I don't care how many times you say the same thing moron, you posted the definition. I used the definition you posted. It requires RANDOM CHANCE. If you don't like it, I don't care. Again, YOUR definition tool.
what's sad is you don't understand what random means... please go read what random is for your own sake

what's sad is you don't understand what random means... please go read what random is for your own sake
ran·dom
ˈrandəm/
adjective
  1. 1.
    made, done, happening, or chosen without method or conscious decision.
In other words, no intent. If you make a conscious decision to make it happen it's not random, even with low probability.
You saying over and over otherwise does not make it so.

It'd be a fluke if either Bisping or Conor were to ever defend their belts against a top contender.

No it isn't. A KO puncher getting a KO isn't a fluke. And you certainly can't say before the fight is even official that one guy winning a fight is an unequivocal fluke.
Uh yeah it is. It is the equivalent of someone who just got their drivers license (but they're really good at driving) going out and winning a NASCAR race. You could use your argument and say well a driver winning a driving race isn't a fluke but that would also be untrue. As the kids nowadays like to say there's levels to this shit. Also you're one gimmick behind with the Matt Hardy thing :).

Back