Michael Bisping: It Wont Be a Fluke if Conor McGregor Knocks Out Floyd Mayweather!

Conor continuously tee'd off on nate. He countered nate over and over all three of his knock downs were counters. If you can't say that McGregor is a talented counter striker I think you might need to go back and watch some tape .

Conor is a good striker but not as good as many think. Mayweather will show us exactly where he is at.

Only time he was gifted a title shot was because Bisping wanted him to have it , so it's Bisping who got gifted and hendo is a legend . Legends don't get cut very often .View attachment 214627

TRT rec 9-12 UFC record + 0-4 in UFC gift title shots.

creepy-tom-cruise-animated-gifs-11.gif

You're not as scientific and logical as you like to think you are. Neither am I, but I don't pretend I am.

It WOULD be a fluke, and I fucking hope it happens. I hate them both, but I hate that improper speaking, illiterate, beady eyed piece of shit more.

Lets not forget racist and woman beater but still cannot get the stoppage lol

creepy-tom-cruise-animated-gifs-11.gif

No, that's an awful analogy since McGregor is a two weight world champ in MMA and one of the most successful finishers in the sport. A KO artist getting a KO is never a fluke.
Ok. A street racer who's won a lot of street races winning NASCAR? Is that better? Just because Conor can knockout people out in one sport does not mean it will directly translate over to a similar sport. Yes, both sports have punching, however, one of those sports masters punching techniques.

Ok. A street racer who's won a lot of street races winning NASCAR? Is that better? Just because Conor can knockout people out in one sport does not mean it will directly translate over to a similar sport. Yes, both sports have punching, however, one of those sports masters punching techniques.

Nah. That's still ridiculous. You're correct on your larger point, but your comparison is trash. It makes it out like Conor is some Kimbo Slice-esque street fighter going in to box an elite fighter.

The obvious comparison is a triathlete going to compete against a prestigious biking or swimming competition. An MMA fighter will likely lose to a boxer in a boxing match, but a boxer even more out of his depth in MMA, which has multiple disciplines.

Nah. That's still ridiculous. You're correct on your larger point, but your comparison is trash. It makes it out like Conor is some Kimbo Slice-esque street fighter going in to box an elite fighter.

The obvious comparison is a triathlete going to compete against a prestigious biking or swimming competition. An MMA fighter will likely lose to a boxer in a boxing match, but a boxer even more out of his depth in MMA, which has multiple disciplines.
They're equally out of their depth. Someone who spends a lifetime mastering a discipline should NEVER lose to a novice in said discipline. While Conor is not Kimbo-esque as you put it, he's closer to being Kimbo than he is to being Mayweather. If you've ever trained boxing you would have a far greater appreciation of how truly special a fighter Mayweather is. He's been trapped in the corner in fights and had flurries thrown at him and managed to slip, bob, weave, dodge and parry the entire combination and land a counter at the end of the exchange. That shit is mind-blowing! Conor could train from now until he's 50 and wouldn't be able to dream of doing that.

They're equally out of their depth. Someone who spends a lifetime mastering a discipline should NEVER lose to a novice in said discipline. While Conor is not Kimbo-esque as you put it, he's closer to being Kimbo than he is to being Mayweather. If you've ever trained boxing you would have a far greater appreciation of how truly special a fighter Mayweather is. He's been trapped in the corner in fights and had flurries thrown at him and managed to slip, bob, weave, dodge and parry the entire combination and land a counter at the end of the exchange. That shit is mind-blowing! Conor could train from now until he's 50 and wouldn't be able to dream of doing that.

Nah. This is more self deprecating MMA fan bullshit. The romanticism of boxing is one of the last things MMA fans need to let go of, IMO. Boxing is a super skilled sport, no question about it. To use your analogy, a NASCAR driver would be favored to win a street race. Floyd would be SMASHED in MMA by Conor. Likely on the feet, 100% against the cage and on the ground.

MMA fans refuse to accept the reality that it cuts both ways. You aren't any more likely to get plucked out of MMA and succeed than you are to get plucked out of boxing and succeed there.

OK I get it you can't back up your claims

Not an argument.

Lets agree to disagree. The point is, Henderson had how many gift title shots? 4 + ducked JJ last minute pulling nonsense to gift Sonnen a shot, his gift at LHW.

We have a lot of cucks crying about Bisping defending when dude got ducked for over a decade. On a Count streak, he gets fed TRT/Geared up fighters. He beats Sonnen but corrupt American judges are corrupt.

People hate on Mcgoat. He is one dude who knows how to play the game. UFC will take 99% of the purse and give fighters chump change. He is setting it straight. For all the hate he gets be it fans or fighters, he is bringing up the fighter salary and showing the blue print.

I've never been a fan of the rationale that if a bunch of stupid people get confused their ignorance becomes the new truth. Bisping says something correct, and is immediately "corrected" by an army of inbreds on Sherdog who don't understand the language they grew up speaking.

It's just difficult to watch.
Are we sure they grew up speaking English? In America it's considered racist to expect proper grammar and word usage.

Nah. This is more self deprecating MMA fan bullshit. The romanticism of boxing is one of the last things MMA fans need to let go of, IMO. Boxing is a super skilled sport, no question about it. To use your analogy, a NASCAR driver would be favored to win a street race. Floyd would be SMASHED in MMA by Conor. Likely on the feet, 100% against the cage and on the ground.

MMA fans refuse to accept the reality that it cuts both ways. You aren't any more likely to get plucked out of MMA and succeed than you are to get plucked out of boxing and succeed there.
I think when you see MMA fighters with mediocre boxing skills become champ in almost every weight my view becomes less romanticized than you're suggesting. JDS, Cruz, Garbrandt, Conor, Alvarez, Anderson etc all became champions with sub-par boxing, granted they rounded out their skill sets with other disciplines but their boxing was still very average. The pay scale differs drastically between the 2 sports too. The only reason MMA fighters choose MMA over boxing is because the skill disparity is so huge that they choose the easier path. A boxer came in and knocked out the equal longest reigning Heavyweight champion in UFC in 9 seconds, that's quicker than any MMA fighter had finished that fighter too by the way. Do you think that could happen if the tables were turned? Do you think an MMA fighter could knock out a former long reigning boxing champ inside a round? I highly doubt it. Brock became champion in 4 or 5 fights. Do you think that could ever happen in boxing? Again I doubt it. Why? Because boxing is a lot harder to become elite at than MMA is. MMA is still 100 times more exciting but in terms of pure skill, boxing is leagues above MMA.

I think when you see MMA fighters with mediocre boxing skills become champ in almost every weight my view becomes less romanticized than you're suggesting. JDS, Cruz, Garbrandt, Conor, Alvarez, Anderson etc all became champions with sub-par boxing, granted they rounded out their skill sets with other disciplines but their boxing was still very average. The pay scale differs drastically between the 2 sports too. The only reason MMA fighters choose MMA over boxing is because the skill disparity is so huge that they choose the easier path. A boxer came in and knocked out the equal longest reigning Heavyweight champion in UFC in 9 seconds, that's quicker than any MMA fighter had finished that fighter too by the way. Do you think that could happen if the tables were turned? Do you think an MMA fighter could knock out a former long reigning boxing champ inside a round? I highly doubt it. Brock became champion in 4 or 5 fights. Do you think that could ever happen in boxing? Again I doubt it. Why? Because boxing is a lot harder to become elite at than MMA is. MMA is still 100 times more exciting but in terms of pure skill, boxing is leagues above MMA.

Kimbo used a double forearm guard to just march down that same boxer and submit him with a guillotine with ease, with no professional fights.

You're basically saying MMA is only shown to be skillful if grapplers are champions because MMA strikers can't win boxing world titles. This is stupid. They're different sports and that seems to be the sticking point in this argument.

Kimbo used a double forearm guard to just march down that same boxer and submit him with a guillotine with ease, with no professional fights.

You're basically saying MMA is only shown to be skillful if grapplers are champions because MMA strikers can't win boxing world titles. This is stupid. They're different sports and that seems to be the sticking point in this argument.
No that's not what I'm saying. MMA fighters are extremely skillful but because they have to learn so many disciplines it's hard for them to be elite at any one discipline. Every now and then you get a Demian Maia or a Jacare (elite grapplers) but they're the exception. Most MMA practitioners with a striking base are not elite strikers because they have to incorporate defensive grappling in order to be able to implement their striking. If Mayweather had to worry about more than just offensive and defensive boxing the same would be true for him too. Being that Mayweather and Conor are going to fight under rules that Mayweather has fought under his whole life, in a discipline he has mastered, with nothing he has to unlearn (unlike Conor) it would seem the scales are tipped severely in Floyd's favor. So even though Conor is a knockout artist in MMA he's not elite enough in any one striking art (boxing included) to really give Floyd any problems, hence my original point of a Conor KO being a fluke if it happens.

Back