Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Juan emailed me, he said my gloves will be ready this upcoming saturday. So hopefully the beginning of next month. Hopefully no more delays.

I own both Zepol and Reyes gloves, and the craftsmanship (not just the quality of stitching) is far superior in the Reyes than in Zepol. The stitching, the padding/protection, the quality leather, the fit/support, etc. You name it, Reyes does it better.

Don't get me wrong about Zepol; I like the gloves. They're fun to throw on for some sparring when I want to switch things up from time to time, and they're super sharp looking. When it comes down to it though, Reyes gloves are heads and shoulders above Zepols.

Padding on Reyes > Padding on Zepol...seriously? Some people must exaggerate how bad reyes padding is then...thats the problem when you haven't tried for yourself and are just going off opinions...can't separate the ones exaggerating from the ones telling it as it is.

Everyone always seems to think punching people with reyes is like using plaster of paris. Ive been on the receiving end of getting hit by them. They arent as bad as the reputation they seem to carry. Id rather get hit by reyes than the everlast 29.99 specials that beginners seem to enjoy bringing to the gym

I'd take getting hit by a pair of Reyes over the cheap Everlast gloves any day haha. Those things are fucking bricks, most of the people at my gym use Reyes, Everlast Protex3, Ringside or Title.. I'm the odd man out using Winning for sparring and Twins for bag/pads. But soon I'll be getting my Boxeo for sparring :D

Everyone always seems to think punching people with reyes is like using plaster of paris. Ive been on the receiving end of getting hit by them. They arent as bad as the reputation they seem to carry. Id rather get hit by reyes than the everlast 29.99 specials that beginners seem to enjoy bringing to the gym

:icon_lol: Yeah thats exactly what's messing with my mind. It comes across that if you hit a bag with 10 or 12oz reyes your knuckles will disintegrate and break into a million shards lol...but for real the gloves have been around for so long and are extremely high reputation and have stood the test of time...so this seems like an injustice/insult to the Reyes brand...especially considering what other stuff people out there are wearing like you mentioned

The whole point is Reyes padding is pretty soft and even.

Unlike Winning it is not a combination of a high density foam and shock absorbent (or some low density foam), it is just a natural latex of a single (rather low) density.

So even 10 oz. Reyes velcro are pretty fine for mitts or DE, but a tough workout on a heavy bag would be a self-destruction :)

Yeah i dont know where the reputation of using reyes is being the next margarito came from. At the same time i think its a little ridiculous using 14-16 oz winnings along with the ng-2 came from either. I mean in that case might as well not leave ur house and wrap ur entire body with bubble wrap just to be safe!

Yeah i dont know where the reputation of using reyes is being the next margarito came from. At the same time i think its a little ridiculous using 14-16 oz winnings along with the ng-2 came from either. I mean in that case might as well not leave ur house and wrap ur entire body with bubble wrap just to be safe!
lol True!

Lol post of the month!

The whole point is Reyes padding is pretty soft and even.

Unlike Winning it is not a combination of a high density foam and shock absorbent (or some low density foam), it is just a natural latex of a single (rather low) density.

So even 10 oz. Reyes velcro are pretty fine for mitts or DE, but a tough workout on a heavy bag would be a self-destruction :)
i think even just on mitts, 10oz reyes would hurt my hands

Yeah I totally agree Reyes arent for everyone. So many brands out there... so much to buy :icon_twis

I'll admit...I talk a lot about G&E but only own 1 pair of gloves...12oz Rival RB2's which I am dying to replace...too afraid to drop +100 dollars and not be satisfied...hence why since my new glove hunt started in november of last year that no action has still been taken up to this date LOL

I never had a chance to use rival. The whole tribal thing is... well I dont know what it is. Its definately not my cup of tea though. The wrist strap looks weird and awkward. Lastly, I just dont know anyone personally that owns them. I mean Ive seen my share of Title, Ringside, Winning, Reyes, Everlast, and Im sure a couple of others I forgot to mention. But I have never seen rival to this day. And in the wise words of Mr. Wonderful from Shark tank "and for that reason, im out"

I'll admit...I talk a lot about G&E but only own 1 pair of gloves...12oz Rival RB2's which I am dying to replace...too afraid to drop +100 dollars and not be satisfied...hence why since my new glove hunt started in november of last year that no action has still been taken up to this date LOL

I really dont want to come off as a D-bag but at this point its a mater of picking something and just buying it. I really have no clue what magic words your looking to hear from anyone that will make up your mind for you. Anytime your looking at gear some personal prefrence is going to play a factor and what i consider a perfect pair of gloves might be a waste of money for you. That being said Zepol make great gloves I would just pull the triger on some nice basic color that way if you are not happy you can sell them for about the price you paid for them

I really dont want to come off as a D-bag but at this point its a mater of picking something and just buying it. I really have no clue what magic words your looking to hear from anyone that will make up your mind for you. Anytime your looking at gear some personal prefrence is going to play a factor and what i consider a perfect pair of gloves might be a waste of money for you. That being said Zepol make great gloves I would just pull the triger on some nice basic color that way if you are not happy you can sell them for about the price you paid for them

Trust me you're not coming across as a d-bag. You constantly provide good input alongside guys like shihtzu, minow, etc. so I know your intentions are pure.

What I mean by doing my research and looking to make sure i'm satisfied is to make sure i read enough reviews (i.e just clamp's review on Zepol is not enough for me...since its just 1 opinion and in a size 6oz above what I'm looking at...I've read deathstriker's mini review but it wasn't really in depth...waiting for the 2 others to do reviews...etc). I realize there is no perfect glove...and as I noticed from discussing with minow...protective is a relative thing...he finds 16oz in some gloves + NG-2's still not protective enough for him...I've never had hand problems using basic 12oz rivals without ng-2's and now i just recently added ng-2's since i hear they're a good investment for the long run.

I would consider my hands strong I guess but I don't want to take that for granted. I have to pull the trigger eventually but as you can tell, I'm very indecisive...I try to have everything to a tee...it's just how I am. Pays off in university but doesn't always pay off in situations where one can't spend all day researching before annoying people in a social setting haha...you guys have been very tolerant and understanding! :)

I dont think youre going to get anything out of reading more reviews and hearing more people's opinions. Pulling the trigger or waiting for a good deal you can get would probably be the best thing

Yeah I totally agree Reyes arent for everyone. So many brands out there... so much to buy :icon_twis

you can never own enough equipment 8)

I never had a chance to use rival. The whole tribal thing is... well I dont know what it is. Its definately not my cup of tea though. The wrist strap looks weird and awkward. Lastly, I just dont know anyone personally that owns them. I mean Ive seen my share of Title, Ringside, Winning, Reyes, Everlast, and Im sure a couple of others I forgot to mention. But I have never seen rival to this day. And in the wise words of Mr. Wonderful from Shark tank "and for that reason, im out"

theyre decent but youre not missing anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back