Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just want some clarification on the zepols, from the pictures i have seen they look flat and square, is this the case?

I dunno Death, why? Ive followed Clamps reviews for awhile now, and even his review which i just skimmed over now.... He praises them. Other than the gloves getting a little hot, he had nothing to say but great things about them. I'll read his full review later, Im very interested. Sadly, school calls even a 32 year old like me has to go to it :(

After trying them all out, I don't think one brand is extremely better than another. But if you like the design and material, go for it.

Death, did you post a review all 3 in the past? I'd be very curious to see it!

Last edited:
I think as someone told me...just pick one and go for it and hope for the best...its very subjective...hence why I just set my mind on Zepol and will go for it (after seeing more reviews...I've read clamps about 20 times since february/march lol). Anyways yeah...mexican gloves seem like a "you like it or you don't...just go try it"...so hopefully when I order zepol i like it and its protection is adequate like I'm assuming it will be. Ringside is probably the safer choice to go with for my dollars but I don't know...the concept of IMF being a wall doesn't sound inviting...and the shape of the gloves looking like a balloon is a bit offputting too.

Awesome stuff Death! This waiting game is killing me. And Im sure Juan is getting tired of my emails lol.

Awesome stuff Death! This waiting game is killing me. And Im sure Juan is getting tired of my emails lol.

Trust me he's a nice guy...I think I sent him about 20-30 emails in the span of 1 week when i wasn't even committed to a purchase in any way yet and he responded to all of them...and these were paragraph emails since I ramble.

Absolutely agreed. I will never ever buy Mexican gear (incl. Reyes) from anyone but Juan. Definitely.

Last edited:
You probably cannot go wrong with ZEPOL.

Have you posted a review of these gloves anywhere or do you have any to review? Despite it all I think I'm gradually slipping back to square one with this whole Zepol vs Ringside thing here when it comes to 10oz with protection and long lasting quality for the 100ish dollar price. I'll have NG-2's too which makes it all the more confusing when it comes to protection and feel.

Have you posted a review of these gloves anywhere or do you have any to review? Despite it all I think I'm gradually slipping back to square one with this whole Zepol vs Ringside thing here when it comes to 10oz with protection and long lasting quality for the 100ish dollar price. I'll have NG-2's too which makes it all the more confusing when it comes to protection and feel.

No, but actually I am currently considering picking up a pair. I have used Reyes and Grant though, so have some feedback.

Mate, Mexican gloves and Ringside IMF are totally different. Some people would die for Mexican gear and vice-versa.

Just use the softest bag at the gym. The bag I think makes a huge difference in terms of protection.

@shihtzu Yeah who knows maybe down the line i will own both...and should just try one first...deciding best bang for my buck at this particular time is what it all comes down to.

@goldenboy good point...and i have 12oz rival gloves i can use as beaters anyways for a heavy bag if it comes down to it.

Yeah who knows maybe down the line i will own both...and should just try one first...deciding best bang for my buck at this particular time is what it all comes down to.

Mate, do not expect the best protection in the world from Zepol on a heavy bag. This is not what gloves like Zepol or Reyes are about. They do protect nicely, but they also provide a great advantage of an excellent punch feedback (far better than IMF). Moreover you have the knuckle guards.

As I said - you cannot go wrong with Zepol.
But you cannot go wrong with the Ringside IMF either :)
This is a good sort of dilema imo - any choice is the good one.

Like they say...sometimes having more than 1 choice can be the worst thing in the world. There's always the "what if I chose the other" option that creeps into your mind eventually...

And I know the protection from zepol on a bag might not be ideal, which is why I bought the knuckle guards...but all this has done is made the choice harder now lol. Can you talk more on the feedback thing? Maybe this is a key to what I need to understand because you're not the first to mention feedback to me and I kind of just ignored what the term means because I did not understand it...and owning rivals...I can tell you feedback is not something I've probably had realized about with gloves...thanks. Also just thanks for answering all my questions today...I feel like i'm on your radar or something. It's really helpful!

Can you talk more on the feedback thing?
A good point of good Mexican gloves is you can feel how do you land with our knuckles. This is not only because of a rather soft latex padding, but also of the design of these gloves. This helps to improve your pucnhing technique. IMF is like a wall, the feedback with them is much more limited (unlike the protection).
This is the same reason why some people use bag mitts (guanteletas as they call them in Mexico) - to improve the proper fist landing.

So land on your knuckles incorrectly = damage/hurt your knuckles or just = you know you didn't land it right but your hand is ok still haha :D?

Thanks for the answer...it would be ideal in a lighter glove to be able to tell if you're hitting properly since light gloves are ideal for technique anyways...

So land on your knuckles incorrectly = damage/hurt your knuckles or just = you know you didn't land it right but your hand is ok still haha :D?

Thanks for the answer...it would be ideal in a lighter glove to be able to tell if you're hitting properly since light gloves are ideal for technique anyways...

In general you should hit with your knuckles. In case you do not feel what you are landing with you can hardly punch properly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back