Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll admit...I talk a lot about G&E but only own 1 pair of gloves...12oz Rival RB2's which I am dying to replace...too afraid to drop +100 dollars and not be satisfied...hence why since my new glove hunt started in november of last year that no action has still been taken up to this date LOL

I never had a chance to use rival. The whole tribal thing is... well I dont know what it is. Its definately not my cup of tea though. The wrist strap looks weird and awkward. Lastly, I just dont know anyone personally that owns them. I mean Ive seen my share of Title, Ringside, Winning, Reyes, Everlast, and Im sure a couple of others I forgot to mention. But I have never seen rival to this day. And in the wise words of Mr. Wonderful from Shark tank "and for that reason, im out"

I'll admit...I talk a lot about G&E but only own 1 pair of gloves...12oz Rival RB2's which I am dying to replace...too afraid to drop +100 dollars and not be satisfied...hence why since my new glove hunt started in november of last year that no action has still been taken up to this date LOL

I really dont want to come off as a D-bag but at this point its a mater of picking something and just buying it. I really have no clue what magic words your looking to hear from anyone that will make up your mind for you. Anytime your looking at gear some personal prefrence is going to play a factor and what i consider a perfect pair of gloves might be a waste of money for you. That being said Zepol make great gloves I would just pull the triger on some nice basic color that way if you are not happy you can sell them for about the price you paid for them

I really dont want to come off as a D-bag but at this point its a mater of picking something and just buying it. I really have no clue what magic words your looking to hear from anyone that will make up your mind for you. Anytime your looking at gear some personal prefrence is going to play a factor and what i consider a perfect pair of gloves might be a waste of money for you. That being said Zepol make great gloves I would just pull the triger on some nice basic color that way if you are not happy you can sell them for about the price you paid for them

Trust me you're not coming across as a d-bag. You constantly provide good input alongside guys like shihtzu, minow, etc. so I know your intentions are pure.

What I mean by doing my research and looking to make sure i'm satisfied is to make sure i read enough reviews (i.e just clamp's review on Zepol is not enough for me...since its just 1 opinion and in a size 6oz above what I'm looking at...I've read deathstriker's mini review but it wasn't really in depth...waiting for the 2 others to do reviews...etc). I realize there is no perfect glove...and as I noticed from discussing with minow...protective is a relative thing...he finds 16oz in some gloves + NG-2's still not protective enough for him...I've never had hand problems using basic 12oz rivals without ng-2's and now i just recently added ng-2's since i hear they're a good investment for the long run.

I would consider my hands strong I guess but I don't want to take that for granted. I have to pull the trigger eventually but as you can tell, I'm very indecisive...I try to have everything to a tee...it's just how I am. Pays off in university but doesn't always pay off in situations where one can't spend all day researching before annoying people in a social setting haha...you guys have been very tolerant and understanding! :)

I dont think youre going to get anything out of reading more reviews and hearing more people's opinions. Pulling the trigger or waiting for a good deal you can get would probably be the best thing

Yeah I totally agree Reyes arent for everyone. So many brands out there... so much to buy :icon_twis

you can never own enough equipment 8)

I never had a chance to use rival. The whole tribal thing is... well I dont know what it is. Its definately not my cup of tea though. The wrist strap looks weird and awkward. Lastly, I just dont know anyone personally that owns them. I mean Ive seen my share of Title, Ringside, Winning, Reyes, Everlast, and Im sure a couple of others I forgot to mention. But I have never seen rival to this day. And in the wise words of Mr. Wonderful from Shark tank "and for that reason, im out"

theyre decent but youre not missing anything

Majik, what are you looking for in a review? Are you specifically looking for a this glove vs that glove kind of thing?

ordering my Zepol gloves and no foul protector from Juan tomorrow, I am excited.

A very rough photoshop of what I am ordering.
zepols1111111111111111_zps1a5b4e41.jpg

Silver and Red baby, the palm of the glove will be all red obviously, that was just done in 30 seconds

Majik, what are you looking for in a review? Are you specifically looking for a this glove vs that glove kind of thing?

Sort of but I kind of can put 1 + 1 together comparing different reviews to one another and stuff. My problem is just not a lot of guys seem to use 10oz or 12oz reviews...a ton of sparring glove reviews or 16oz glove reviews that mean absolutely nothing to me other than just learning about craftsmanship of different brands...that's my issue to be honest when it comes to reviews.

To stingy to spend +100 on anything as of now...but I have a feeling once i do it once, i'll be doing it possibly more regularly if I have a positive buying experience...and maybe I can fill the void for those kinds of reviews i'm looking for.

@USC I can make a pretty one for you later if you want for those gloves

Sort of but I kind of can put 1 + 1 together comparing different reviews to one another and stuff. My problem is just not a lot of guys seem to use 10oz or 12oz reviews...a ton of sparring glove reviews or 16oz glove reviews that mean absolutely nothing to me other than just learning about craftsmanship of different brands...that's my issue to be honest when it comes to reviews.

To stingy to spend +100 on anything as of now...but I have a feeling once i do it once, i'll be doing it possibly more regularly if I have a positive buying experience...and maybe I can fill the void for those kinds of reviews i'm looking for.

@USC I can make a pretty one for you later if you want for those gloves

that would be awesome

thanks

Yeah ill be honest i have little interest in buying 10-12oz. I have a pair of bag gloves and Ive stuck with em. We have alot of people using 14-16oz velcro on the bag, are you opposed to going higher in weight?

yeah USMC, pull the trigger, concept art looks pretty sleek imo:D

Yeah ill be honest i have little interest in buying 10-12oz. I have a pair of bag gloves and Ive stuck with em. We have alot of people using 14-16oz velcro on the bag, are you opposed to going higher in weight?

Not really a fan of it since i'm so technique heavy...and also at the gym since we used to be sponsored by rival...there are a ton of 16oz gloves there that I could use if I wanted to but no 10s...also...I'm like 135 pounds...the large gloves on mitts and bags don't work out that well for my technique.

Why not be 100% safe and go 10-12 oz winning from rakuten? Awesome craftsmanship, easy to make fist, best protection offered, and arguably the best glove.

yeah USMC, pull the trigger, concept art looks pretty sleek imo:D

oh definitely, Juan is checking on some things for me now, and I'll pull the trigger tonight or tomorrow.

I think I am adding a speed bag purchase into the mix as well, my wife is going to kill me, lol.

Not sure what color(s) to go with on the bag tho

Majik just save some cash and then purchase em when u got enough together

oh definitely, Juan is checking on some things for me now, and I'll pull the trigger tonight or tomorrow.

I think I am adding a speed bag purchase into the mix as well, my wife is going to kill me, lol.

Not sure what color(s) to go with on the bag tho

33w0bv8.jpg

I feel the red was too excessive with an all red inside...but I couldn't get the colors as clean as I wanted around the edges for the red...but this is what it looks like.

@Strato...Yeah maybe that's best...who knows...200+ on any gloves will have my family raising some serious eyebrows in a bad way. They don't understand the importance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back