Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure you can email Bill or ring to cage. I think they'll do it
Thank you mate, I believe they will. Sorry for not being clear, I actually meant Mexican brands.

Ironically almost every brand worldwide now does double stitching. Even some really mediocre Pakistani brands.
But among Mexican it seems only Reyes currently do this (though brilliantly!).

Thank you mate, I believe they will. Sorry for not being clear, I actually meant Mexican brands.

Ironically almost every brand worldwide now does double stitching. Even some really mediocre Pakistani brands.
But among Mexican it seems only Reyes currently do this (though brilliantly!).

Hey Shihtzu.

Yes, only Reyes make double stitching, neither Boxeo, Campe

Why does it matter that much...I hear Zepol stitching doesn't come loose so their single stitching might be better than some other brands double stitching by and large.

Why does it matter that much...I hear Zepol stitching doesn't come loose so their single stitching might be better than some other brands double stitching by and large.

Having seen both in person, the quality of the stitching of Reyes gloves is far, far better. A large portion of that can be attributed to the double stitching.

Update: Juan let me know this weekend that Zepol finally got yellow leather. Gloves will be made this week!

Yeah Juan emailed me, he said my gloves will be ready this upcoming saturday. So hopefully the beginning of next month. Hopefully no more delays.

I own both Zepol and Reyes gloves, and the craftsmanship (not just the quality of stitching) is far superior in the Reyes than in Zepol. The stitching, the padding/protection, the quality leather, the fit/support, etc. You name it, Reyes does it better.

Don't get me wrong about Zepol; I like the gloves. They're fun to throw on for some sparring when I want to switch things up from time to time, and they're super sharp looking. When it comes down to it though, Reyes gloves are heads and shoulders above Zepols.

Padding on Reyes > Padding on Zepol...seriously? Some people must exaggerate how bad reyes padding is then...thats the problem when you haven't tried for yourself and are just going off opinions...can't separate the ones exaggerating from the ones telling it as it is.

Everyone always seems to think punching people with reyes is like using plaster of paris. Ive been on the receiving end of getting hit by them. They arent as bad as the reputation they seem to carry. Id rather get hit by reyes than the everlast 29.99 specials that beginners seem to enjoy bringing to the gym

I'd take getting hit by a pair of Reyes over the cheap Everlast gloves any day haha. Those things are fucking bricks, most of the people at my gym use Reyes, Everlast Protex3, Ringside or Title.. I'm the odd man out using Winning for sparring and Twins for bag/pads. But soon I'll be getting my Boxeo for sparring :D

Everyone always seems to think punching people with reyes is like using plaster of paris. Ive been on the receiving end of getting hit by them. They arent as bad as the reputation they seem to carry. Id rather get hit by reyes than the everlast 29.99 specials that beginners seem to enjoy bringing to the gym

:icon_lol: Yeah thats exactly what's messing with my mind. It comes across that if you hit a bag with 10 or 12oz reyes your knuckles will disintegrate and break into a million shards lol...but for real the gloves have been around for so long and are extremely high reputation and have stood the test of time...so this seems like an injustice/insult to the Reyes brand...especially considering what other stuff people out there are wearing like you mentioned

The whole point is Reyes padding is pretty soft and even.

Unlike Winning it is not a combination of a high density foam and shock absorbent (or some low density foam), it is just a natural latex of a single (rather low) density.

So even 10 oz. Reyes velcro are pretty fine for mitts or DE, but a tough workout on a heavy bag would be a self-destruction :)

Yeah i dont know where the reputation of using reyes is being the next margarito came from. At the same time i think its a little ridiculous using 14-16 oz winnings along with the ng-2 came from either. I mean in that case might as well not leave ur house and wrap ur entire body with bubble wrap just to be safe!

Yeah i dont know where the reputation of using reyes is being the next margarito came from. At the same time i think its a little ridiculous using 14-16 oz winnings along with the ng-2 came from either. I mean in that case might as well not leave ur house and wrap ur entire body with bubble wrap just to be safe!
lol True!

Lol post of the month!

The whole point is Reyes padding is pretty soft and even.

Unlike Winning it is not a combination of a high density foam and shock absorbent (or some low density foam), it is just a natural latex of a single (rather low) density.

So even 10 oz. Reyes velcro are pretty fine for mitts or DE, but a tough workout on a heavy bag would be a self-destruction :)
i think even just on mitts, 10oz reyes would hurt my hands

Yeah I totally agree Reyes arent for everyone. So many brands out there... so much to buy :icon_twis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back