Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
My white JC's have lots of stains on them. I freaked out at first trying to clean them, but I just see them as battlescars now.

After getting my new pair of Winnings, I would say Boxeo has the same amount of softness.

Black 16 oz. lace-up Cleto Reyes from Juan .

In terms of craftmanship the best made gloves in the world imo (have had 4 pairs of Winning and many, many, many other gloves).

2rxe39i.jpg

2dw6bms.jpg

2yzbtc8.jpg

.........................................................................................................................

MOST IMPORTANTLY

I can assure anybody Juan is the best source to get ANY Mexican gear.

He is so much superior that I would even say he is the only Good source.

His service, his personality, patience and overall attitude are above and beyond anything that can be described by the word "service".

I will never buy from anybody but him.

Thank you very much, Juan!

Saludos

P.S.: For the new forum members, you can reach Juan here: [email protected]

Last edited:
Thank you mate!

The leather and the craftmanship are even better than Winning (moreover Reyes leather is definitely more durable), hard to admit, but they really are. The padding of course is not, though it is a nice padding.

Also the fit is much better than in 16 oz. velcro (despite these lace-up are brand new) and they are absolutely mirror in shape and weight (less than 10g difference).

Recently got 14oz reyes lace ups in white. Hard to decide which glove i like more, the reyes or my winning's. I would prob give the nod to the winning's because of the protection on the knuckles and the thumb positioning. The smell on the reyes is awesome.

In terms of protection and thumb Winning are much better for sure.
But Reyes are a pure passion - the perfect craftmanship, smell, noble appearance.
One has to love them despite they are not perfect (in terms of performance/fit).

For exemple Tokushu and Rival perform well but I simply cannot love them and never will lol

In terms of protection and thumb Winning are much better for sure.
But Reyes are a pure passion - the perfect craftmanship, smell, noble appearance.
One has to love them despite they are not perfect (in terms of performance/fit).

For exemple Tokushu and Rival perform well but I simply cannot love them and never will lol

Ya i can understand what you mean about the passion. The fit of the reyes was actually better than i was expecting. People said the pocket was wide and loose, maybe they have small hands because i did not find them to be like that at all. I got 14oz just to be on the safe side of them being too wide in the pocket.

Did you get velcro or lace-up?
I do not have big hands, pretty average. But long fingers. These 16 oz. lace-up fit me ideally (except thumb), definitely not wide.

They are far better imo. Velcro are often very wide or/and inconsistent in size right/left.
262mbzs.jpg

14oz is quite a bit smaller than 16oz in the Reyes.. Ive found the 16s to be far too wide, and the 14s about right

14oz is quite a bit smaller than 16oz in the Reyes.. Ive found the 16s to be far too wide, and the 14s about right

Have you had 16 oz. lace-up? I have practically the same size hands as you and these 16 oz. lace-up are singificantly different (narrower) from 16 oz. velcro.

They are far better imo. Velcro are often very wide or/and inconsistent in size right/left.
262mbzs.jpg

Dont know if those are yours but you need to use the left and right pairs of the opposite colours lol.

Dont know if those are yours but you need to use the left and right pairs of the opposite colours lol.

They are not mine, I would return them immediately.
Exactly my thoughts mate - they match each other perfectly! lol Better than using 14 oz. L /18 R and vice-versa like they are in the single colour lol

Last edited:
I was going to say something about camera angles, but it does look fishy.

Yeah, in case of camera angles both left or right gloves respectively would look distorted in the same way.
Honestly those 2 pairs are a shame. Luckily my black lace-ups are a pure perfection.

Shitzu doesn't know what he is talking about. Those are my gloves, and they are the same size. It's the camera angle, there are no noticable difference between the gloves.

I have 3 pairs of Reyes, no differences in sizing and consistency across any. The quality of the velcro is no different than the lace up, that's the dumbest shit I've heard all day. Do you think they honestly have different quality control standards across the two types?

Edit: regarding the post below, Beaglepuss is my brother. Brown are mine, orange are his.

Those are mine lol, and believe it or not they are uniform in size. I don't know what caused the illusion, but the picture is truly deceptive. Each pair is well made and match perfectly.

Edit: Beat to it!

Well, shihtzu maybe doesn't know what is he talking about, but at least he knows how to take pictures to avoid 2 perfect pairs (as you claim) looking as 2 absolutely the worst pairs made during last 80 years by Reyes.

This picture looks like if it was made for some beyond belief programme.
And inconsistency in size is quite common with Reyes btw, it is generally known.

Sorry for being a bit sarcastic guys :)

juan i was thinking of a nother pair of 10oz zepols. maybe red/black/silver on the left black/red/silver on the right? can anyone help me isustrate my idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back