Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah man I wish you the best. Sucks about the yellow. Juan shipped my gloves out so Im gonna hope i get them by friday, if not Ill put some serious time in the beginning of next week.

If you really like the yellow color I would just take it. The picture doesn't look bad. Light colored gloves will get stained one way or another. After using it for a while you won't care if it gets discolored.

Seriously has to negotiate for a discount though...or partial refund if hes already paid because no way should he say yes to a "new" producy arriving with marks on it you know? I love juan too though...its not his fault but people are still entitled to their new stuff being as expected if customized...its only fair to lessen the cost here.

If you really like the yellow color I would just take it. The picture doesn't look bad. Light colored gloves will get stained one way or another. After using it for a while you won't care if it gets discolored.

Yea, you're right. It's the same with everything haha, especially with something I'm going to use so often, after awhile you just don't care anymore. I opted for a different colour scheme though, inspired by Juan's very own pair of Zepols.

Fist: Black
Cuff: metallic yellow
Thumb-fist connector: metallic yellow
top thumb: metallic yellow
bottom thumb: black
inner thumb: metallic yellow
thread in between thumb and palm: Black
inner palm: black
outer palm: metallic yellow

Seriously has to negotiate for a discount though...or partial refund if hes already paid because no way should he say yes to a "new" producy arriving with marks on it you know? I love juan too though...its not his fault but people are still entitled to their new stuff being as expected if customized...its only fair to lessen the cost here.

Juan actually did offer my a $20 refund and 2 free repaints if they are needed. I wouldn't have used the repaints anyways though, since I would have to take the time and money to ship them out to him.

At first I thought, "what? only $20?!" but after some more thought it is actually a very fair offer considering he has to take time and effort repairing the gloves.

Maybe this is a good thing though :icon_chee I have enough pairs of yellow gloves as it is

Excluding reyes. Which of the following are the best gloves? Campeon, zepol, boxeo, casanova, and name any others i missed juan. Gracias!

Excluding reyes. Which of the following are the best gloves? Campeon, zepol, boxeo, casanova, and name any others i missed juan. Gracias!

Hey Strato

All depends in what you look for and your personal taste, my choices are
Zepol
Boxeo

Zepol for sparring(very comfortable and free of movement)
Boxeo Sparring and bag work (Comfortable, good wrist support)

You can ask many guys here some of them prefer Zepol others Boxeo

Saludos

+1 for zepol i have 3 pairs 18oz 16oz and 10oz. and im looking for a nother 10oz just because i wanted newer colors

has anybody had headgear painted before? Been talking to Juan about something, but I am concerned with the paint not holding up well....

Thotz?

has anybody had headgear painted before? Been talking to Juan about something, but I am concerned with the paint not holding up well....

Thotz?

I painted my own cup gold, it's held up well. But then again it's only a cup. I don't know how it'll preform on a glove.

I painted my own cup gold, it's held up well. But then again it's only a cup. I don't know how it'll preform on a glove.

well headgear not a glove, but I sometimes forget to move my head, lol. What kind of paint did you use though?

Way down the road anyways, but when I add a facebar to my collection, I would like to get it to match my Zepol gloves and cup. Juan recommends the Reyes facebar (I don't want to shell out the cash for Winning, and Reyes seems to be consensus #2) and Reyes doesn't do customs (well only for 15+) so Juan offered to get mine painted. Just curious on the durability

well headgear not a glove, but I sometimes forget to move my head, lol. What kind of paint did you use though?

Way down the road anyways, but when I add a facebar to my collection, I would like to get it to match my Zepol gloves and cup. Juan recommends the Reyes facebar (I don't want to shell out the cash for Winning, and Reyes seems to be consensus #2) and Reyes doesn't do customs (well only for 15+) so Juan offered to get mine painted. Just curious on the durability

actually you can check out the acrylic paint thread. it's got all the info there plus some more by other members.

Hey, these pics are for the guys asked for available boxeo and Zepol

Loving those all black Boxeo! My yellow one's are just... amazing haha. I love them so much! Lately I find myself using them everyday instead of my Winning's :)

Loving those all black Boxeo! My yellow one's are just... amazing haha. I love them so much! Lately I find myself using them everyday instead of my Winning's :)

Haha, yeah I wish my Boxeo's were 16 instead of 18 oz (don't need 18's anymore). The padding is soft and spongy just like Winning and the wrist strap gives a good fit that isn't tight. The wrist area has big soft foam padding and you can move your wrists to clinch easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back