Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...which area is the red, which area is the black, and which area is the silver?

Tell me indicating using this glove as the template...i.e white on this glove = red on your glove, purple = black, etc.

537517_342312789200798_1932378960_n.jpg

And are you saying you want one glove a different color on the other for right and left?

Well...which area is the red, which area is the black, and which area is the silver?

Tell me indicating using this glove as the template...i.e white on this glove = red on your glove, purple = black, etc.

537517_342312789200798_1932378960_n.jpg

And are you saying you want one glove a different color on the other for right and left?

ok for the left glove. back of the hand red with the cuff black, the thumb split black and silver and the palm of the glove black and silver

for the right glove. back of the hand black with the cuff red, the thumb red and silver and the back of palm red and siver

Have you had 16 oz. lace-up? I have practically the same size hands as you and these 16 oz. lace-up are singificantly different (narrower) from 16 oz. velcro.

yes, I had the velcro. Have worn the lace-ups.. you know whenever I see someone with a pair of anything nice I take it off them and try it on >:) didnt notice a difference but never really trained with them

ok for the left glove. back of the hand red with the cuff black, the thumb split black and silver and the palm of the glove black and silver

for the right glove. back of the hand black with the cuff red, the thumb red and silver and the back of palm red and siver

What up:
2zp5dmw.jpg

30ax9if.jpg

Lol Tech! Anyways, Juanfco3 did you ever post a review of the 10oz...could you do so before replacing your old ones?

i gave my oppinion on 1402 small review but i was trying to ansewer specific questions

I have been using my 10oz zepol for pad work with le roy wraps and have never had a problem with sore knucles. althow i highly doubt i could fit any sort of pad in my gloves and i think i have average size hands for a 6' 230. I typically dont use them for the heavy bag because i have 12oz velcro pachecos for that, but i did initialy break them in on a heaby bag. throwing hooks and power punches i could feel when i made good contact on the bag it gave me a very solid responce. I could feel the pading and knew my hands were protected but i was a lot more aware of how my hands were making contact on the bag vs the pachecos that have a much firmer foam.

I bougt these gloves for use on pads and in defencive drills when i want to get used to the much smaller size of figt gloves vs my 16 and 18 sparing gloves. I love the way the feel. they are nise and snug without squeesing my hands. and the thumb is in one of the most confortable positions i have on any of my gloves. I like how they seem to respond with feedback. what I mean by that is if I mis hit a pad or make contact at an odd angle I can feel it right away. and when i hit the pad correct i feel the nice solid contact.

and juan i love my gloves. thats why i want another pair. to change the look from time to time and have the gloves feel the same.

Last edited:
Aight man thanks a lot. Too bad Pacheco doesn't have good QC anymore. What did you think of the colour combos you asked for...good to go? You currently have bronze ones with Juan F written on them right (I think I saw a picture of that somewhere)?

I have some pachecos in 12oz and like them but if i dont wrap my hands right i tend to jamb my thums on i like them but just prefer the way zepols let me feel the contact on the pads and bag a bit more

Well, shihtzu maybe doesn't know what is he talking about, but at least he knows how to take pictures to avoid 2 perfect pairs (as you claim) looking as 2 absolutely the worst pairs made during last 80 years by Reyes.

This picture looks like if it was made for some beyond belief programme.
And inconsistency in size is quite common with Reyes btw, it is generally known.

Sorry for being a bit sarcastic guys :)

Not that I should even need to respond, but people can see recent pics and decide for themselves

Obviously the same size, and yes, you still don't know what you're talking about.

Great job, master! Thanks for the (proper) pictures.

Last edited:
You insult a man's gloves and you insult his honour around these parts, shihtzu

you're lucky you're not facing pistols at dawn

Just pointing out that the QC of Reyes Velcro is exactly the same as that of their lace ups. Best way to do so was by using the exact pair that was brought up to illustrate how different they were.

You don't want people who don't know what they're talking about spitting out misinformation in the review forum, it does everyone a disservice.

Now the only shade of yellow Zepol will make is metalic yellow. So I guess I'll have to choose between Campeon and Boxeo or have Juan repaint the defective Zepols himself.

Has anyone had any experience with Juan painting their gloves?

And for those who have experience with both Campeon and Boxeo which would you say has a tighter hand compartment and a slimmer profile?

Thanks in advance.

From all the research I've gathered Campeon is even slimmer than Zepol...that would be your best option.

From all the research I've gathered Campeon is even slimmer than Zepol...that would be your best option.

Thanks for the reply! The things holding me back right now are the quality and the fact that they won't make split thumb gloves :icon_sad: It doesn't look like I will be able to get everything I want so i might have to prioritize and give up a few things.

I also came across these

sany0096ki4.jpg

KShaft reviewed them back in 08, does anyone have any experience with these? Is the padding too dense for sparring?

I feel bad lol, been asking Juan so many questions trying to find the right glove.

Nah man im sure we all ask juan a gazillion questions. In the end its ur cash and u should be entitled to get what u want since u are the one spending it. Im also sure juan is genuinely a nice guy and wants to see the customer be 100% happy with their purchase.

Nah man im sure we all ask juan a gazillion questions. In the end its ur cash and u should be entitled to get what u want since u are the one spending it. Im also sure juan is genuinely a nice guy and wants to see the customer be 100% happy with their purchase.

Yes, he has been very helpful this whole time. I want Zepols even more now that I can't have them. I think I might just change the colour scheme. Black with metallic yellow accents maybe? Oddly enough it is the only yellow Zepol will use now.

If you really like the yellow color I would just take it. The picture doesn't look bad. Light colored gloves will get stained one way or another. After using it for a while you won't care if it gets discolored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back