Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek:

Not perfect, but you can get a general idea how it would look.

4d311ed75d5642ff41141007439b9100_zps1cb6e31d.jpg

thanks bro

just pulled the trigger on those, only difference is that I am getting the logo on the glove as well.

Also ordered a no foul protector, getting pumped

Yeah after I get my zepols early next week, I'll definitely hafta consider getting some 12oz for the bag. I just downloaded the app that RSK said to get so Ill mess around with glove combos :D

Juan (or anybody else)

If you were to get a pair of Mexican gloves solely for the bag, which one would you get?

A dude at the gym has a pair of JCs that he pretty much only uses on the heavy bag (since they won't break in, lol) but I thought Juan said that JC was going downhill or something.

Just curious

Usmc from what are understand is its hit or miss quality with JC

Juan (or anybody else)

If you were to get a pair of Mexican gloves solely for the bag, which one would you get?

A dude at the gym has a pair of JCs that he pretty much only uses on the heavy bag (since they won't break in, lol) but I thought Juan said that JC was going downhill or something.

Just curious
I use guanteletas for heavy bag, I am too old to change my taste, I think Boxeo 12 oz can make the work very nice

Got my yellow Boxeo today, used em at the gym and I absolutely LOVE them. Amazing feeling, snug (my favorite in gloves) and the wrist support is awesome! I'm definitely going to get another pair of Boxeo for bag/pads (and Campeon, etc)...fucking gear addiction lol

I'll definitely be doing a review in a few weeks or so.

Thanks...looking forward to it. If you have experience with other mexican brands...maybe include some comparative elements to the review so us as readers can gain a more thorough understanding of how things are.

I've used Casanova and Cleto Reyes.
Casanova I absolutely love them! Amazing wrist support and awesome padding (I use knuckle guards and 2x LeRoy wraps when I use them so my hands aren't floating around.)
Reyes when I first used them I hated them honestly.. I didn't see what was the big deal about them (they were used heavily when I bought them) so I decided to drop the cash on a new pair. I now wanna get an orange/green pair if Lockwoods gets them again lol. I always use 2x LeRoy wraps and knuckle guards now, especially with Mexican gloves.
I'm going to be buying a lot more stuff from Juan, he's such an awesome person to deal with.. cannot express that enough honestly.

I have a pair of Campeon and a pair of Zepols. I love the Campeon's. The Zepols I haven't used much. They are a little top heavy and I think I have the only ugly pair of Zepols that I have ever seen. When I get some time I'll have to put up a review, and maybe a few more rounds on the Zepols.

Thanks to both of you!

Thats some heavy duty handwrapping doom...you'd be protected no matter what gloves you used if you wrap like that haha.

Also Roadwarrior thats interesting...one of the first to not really be too fond of the brand as far as i could tell here. Look forward to the review. The gloves cannot be that ugly...unless you chose custom colors under the influence of something :p

hi guys,
i'm looking for Reyes Green special edition 14oz lace up, any chance to still buy them somwhere?

hi guys,
i'm looking for Reyes Green special edition 14oz lace up, any chance to still buy them somwhere?

Try and ask all distributors in Europe.

Since you have a distributor in France probably nobody from Mexico or the U.S. will sell them to you.

Thanks to both of you!

Thats some heavy duty handwrapping doom...you'd be protected no matter what gloves you used if you wrap like that haha.

I'm extremely careful with my hands nowadays. I'm not even sure what exactly I did to my knuckles on my right hand last year but my pinky and ring finger knuckles are like non existent haha. They hurt for a good 6 months or so, so I started wrapping them with just LeRoy wraps and knuckle guards, no problems since and no pain at all.

gloves2.jpg

Gloves1.jpg

Used em on the bag last night for 10 rounds, fucking LOVE these gloves. So snug, protective, wrist support is awesome and love the pop they make on the bag. Can't wait to spar with them on Monday.

Got some bad news from Juan today :icon_sad: Zepol finished making my gloves but there seem to be some defects.

320811_10152214202150110_1121752898_n.jpg

282268_10152214202145110_479182850_n.jpg

Zepol's explanation for this is that this shade of yellow will tend to crack. Juan has given me a number of options. Going to have to see where we go from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back