Metal Heads are the New Hipsters

Lets put it this way. The lead singer of the band ‘death’ had some sort of mental disorder where he thought he identified as a corpse. He shot himself in the head eventually and one of his bandmates found the body. What did his bandmate do? He took a pic of their lead vocalists dead body and used it as their next album cover
wow you have absolutely no idea what youre talking about lmao

tumblr_p477l2kfOX1tuenido1_500.gif

I thought I read meat head at first until I clicked into the thread. I feel like the gym has a bunch of meathead hipsters with stylish hairdo's with fairly tight above the knee workout shorts. Even the powerlifters are more hipster looking at my gym with all these fancy wrist wraps, colorful belts, knee sleeves, weightlifting shoes on top of all of the above. What happened to sweat pants, oversized shirts, chuck taylors with chalk all over them and a beat up gym bag.

Well, theres a reason why Metal is pretty much dead as a mainstream music style.....

I like metal and like previously mentioned there are a fuck ton of different genres and sub cultures. The people that are into the more obscure sub genres like Black Metal are going to be your more hipstery metal heads.

There was an anthropologist that did a series of documentaries that aired on VH1 called the evolution of metal. Even if you're not super into metal they are still a good watch. They're all on Youtube if you want to check them out.

Here's one on Extreme Metal. The guys you are talking about would probably fall into this crowd...

Here is also the metal family tree that breaks down all of the sub genres.

4vKZbNC.jpg

No children of bodom?

I am disappointed

Tell a metal head that metal sounds like punk and tell a punk the reverse. Hilarity ensues.

I used to be a metal head when younger... I still enjoy metal music but Im not very knowledgeable on the current metal scene... besides metal nowadays I just listen to everything and I mean fucking EVERYTHING...from classical music, south american regional music, metal, country, african music, american pop, sure Lady Gaga has some cool songs.... Justin Bieber NO... I dont listen to that bitch ass stupid kid! Everything else I listen, if I like it then I keep listening.... I think putting labels on yourself about the type of music you enjoy is very silly...its like dude just enjoy music, whatever or however its called just enjoy it... thats why I listen to everything because I dont label it

Last edited:
I usually like you'e posts ts but , metal is humanity's saving grace and last hope. I think someone on sherdog mentioned it is the genre of music that has the most in common with classical music.

The one thing that classical and metal have in common is the insistence on structure and technicality. Both genres do not like improvisation. When you listen to metal, it is extremely structured, and metal musicians pride themselves on being able to play their albums accurately to a tee. And it shows when you see them play live.

It was bad, haha. But Mayhem was never a good band, even if you're a trve kvlt black metal fan. But the atmosphere was cool, and I had a lot of fun.

I'm sorry, but this is such a terrible take. De mysterias dom sathanas and wolfs lair abyss are great albums, in my opinion. I saw them live in san Francisco in 98', and it was an amazing gig.

I'm sorry, but this is such a terrible take. De mysterias dom sathanas and wolfs lair abyss are great albums, in my opinion. I saw them live in san Francisco in 98', and it was an amazing gig.

I'll give De mysterias a pass as a solid album. Firmly disagree on wolf's lair.

They never wrote anything that tickled my fancy, and the happenings around the band are what piqued my interest.

I called the metal heads at work hipsters and they laughed and said more like Heshers? but i didnt get it.

Most metal sucks like all
Other genres of music. Then you have the bands that rise to the top. Like all other genres of music.

Well, theres a reason why Metal is pretty much dead as a mainstream music style.....
When was metal ever mainstream? The whole point of metal is not to be mainstream. Not in a “I’m too cool for everyone else” way but in a “I don’t fit in or feel like everyone (mainstream) else”. Nothing to do with being a hipster at all. This thread is stupid and the OP can fuck himself to his dave Matthews band cds

I'll give De mysterias a pass as a solid album. Firmly disagree on wolf's lair.

They never wrote anything that tickled my fancy, and the happenings around the band are what piqued my interest.
I never really like mayhem either... oop

Naw, thats always been metal heads.

Life long metal fan here, but as I got older I fell more and more out of the under ground crowds. The whole derp I hate everyone, im 45 years old and singing about how much I hate life, love satan and wear face paint got to me

That said, I still fucking love the music and stuff. Nothing beats a fucking awesome metal gig. Napalm Death was my last one a few months back, Seeing Nails very soon for the first time. My anus is so fucking ready.

But yeah, all metal heads are kinda like that.

Even now that I'm not into the whole scene thing like I used to be...Fuck power metal and those power metal fairy singing nerds.

Listen to Neurosis and Napalm Death, and fuck bitches.

Naw, thats always been metal heads.

Life long metal fan here, but as I got older I fell more and more out of the under ground crowds. The whole derp I hate everyone, im 45 years old and singing about how much I hate life, love satan and wear face paint got to me

That said, I still fucking love the music and stuff. Nothing beats a fucking awesome metal gig. Napalm Death was my last one a few months back, Seeing Nails very soon for the first time. My anus is so fucking ready.

But yeah, all metal heads are kinda like that.

Even now that I'm not into the whole scene thing like I used to be...Fuck power metal and those power metal fairy singing nerds.

Listen to Neurosis and Napalm Death, and fuck bitches.
<Dany07>

Wrong use of hipster Cheese. If you think metal heads are anal be glad you didn't live through the punk revival 10 years ago. Talk about some insufferable dickheads!

Can go back even to the start. Black Flag would get in fights, called sellouts and posers by punk "fans" because they grew their hair longer or played slower songs on newer albums.

When was metal ever mainstream?

For a brief moment in the early 90s when Earache signed a distribution deal with Columbia Records.

Back