Metal Heads are the New Hipsters

3885799364_c0883a8584_o.jpg

{<jordan}

What's your point here? Most metal bands look like douche bags weather they dress in leather, wear corpse paint, or just look like scrubs.

maxresdefault.jpg

<{clintugh}>

21690761_116450449028181_5866763049586655232_n.jpg

<YeahOKJen>

zakk621jpg.jpg

<DisgustingHHH>

What's important is the music they produce.

Last edited:
What's your point here? Most metal bands look like douche bags weather they dress in leather, wear corpse paint, or just look like scrubs.

maxresdefault.jpg

<{clintugh}>

21690761_116450449028181_5866763049586655232_n.jpg

<YeahOKJen>

zakk621jpg.jpg

<DisgustingHHH>

What's important is the music they produce.

Most of the bands you posted are metalcore & girl pants scene bands.

8 pages of this shit.

If the videos here didn’t make you a superstud metalhead then you’re gay af and should probably start gobbling dongs.

Yeah, Pantera formed in 81, but by the 90's they dropped this look:
pantera1985.jpg

They were embarrassing themselves looking like that in the 80's.

FF isn't for everyone, i personally love the thrash/industrial sound they produce. Makes sense as i'm a huge Slayer fan, but also enjoy industrial type bands like Ministry as well.

There's some great stuff out there after the 80's. Some really talented musicians who've evolved metal to the next level (some good, some not so good). Don't let the limp bizkits of the world cloud your view of the scene. Disregard that garbage and others like it, there's plenty out there that may appeal to you.

That shit was awesome.

Some great riffs and solos.

Most of the bands you posted are metalcore & girl pants scene bands.

So what? Freddy Mercury used to suck on wieners and put them in his butt. It doesn't take away from the fact that he put out quality music.

Just because one band dresses so they can actually get laid and the other likes to prance around in the woods and pretend to worship the devil doesn't make one more metal than the other.

This imo

is better than this...

Who the hell are talking about? You sound like a moron.

I can't stand skinny jeans and think they look queer as hell, but people from the metalcore scene will pull way more tail than a group of black metal scrubs.

I can't stand skinny jeans and think they look queer as hell, but people from the metalcore scene will pull way more tail than a group of black metal scrubs.

Why does it have to be either one thing or the other?

Do you think these guys are getting laid because of how they're dressed?

allthatremainsband2015newbassist_638.jpg

Do you think girls are lining up to fuck these guys?

One thing I have noticed with metalheads is they almost always seem to be a parody of themselves.

Like they always look dirty/nasty. Their long hair looks fucking oily and shit. Clothes with holes that havent been washed in years. They are never outwardly friendly. Like even the nice guys still put out a "hard" front. Its like they go out of their way to look like they dont care about anything.

This is just from the very few I have encountered in life. Dont take it personally if you are a metalhead.

Why does it have to be either one thing or the other?

Do you think these guys are getting laid because of how they're dressed?

allthatremainsband2015newbassist_638.jpg

Do you think girls are lining up to fuck these guys?

They have a better chance than this...

b838eff2e31a3f784353d256f753e9e2a9340d91.jpg

Regardless I was talking about the scene and the fans more so than the bands themselves.

They have a better chance than this...

b838eff2e31a3f784353d256f753e9e2a9340d91.jpg

Regardless I was talking about the scene and the fans more so than the bands themselves.

I don't even know who that is in the picture. I don't listen to black metal, death metal, or most thrash.

You posted a bunch of metalcore/deathcore and mall-metal bands, that's what I was referring to. Job For A Cowboy was a myspace fashioncore band for fucks sake. Maybe that's the reason why you think they're pulling lots of "tail" because their entire fanbase were 15-year-old girls and boys with emo haircuts.

Job for a Cowboy is getting a bad rap in here.

Their early grindcore shit was fantastic.

[/QUOTE]
I don't even know who that is in the picture. I don't listen to black metal, death metal, or most thrash.

You posted a bunch of metalcore/deathcore and mall-metal bands, that's what I was referring to. Job For A Cowboy was a myspace fashioncore band for fucks sake. Maybe that's the reason why you think they're pulling lots of "tail" because their entire fanbase were 15-year-old girls and boys with emo haircuts.

That's Cannable Corpse. I don't understand why you are being such a prick about this. Why do you care anyway? Some of the bands I mentioned are kind of douchie, but their music is good. My favorite metal band of all time is probably Pantera.

There were a lot of good metal and death core albums that came out of the 2000's. Once it started gaining a little popularity a bunch of died in the wool metal scrubs couldn't accept that they're actually displaying good musicianship. What's ironic is that you acting like the people that this thread is about.

While I consider metal music that doesn't have gutteral lyrics almost a whole other species I still enjoy bands like Megadeth, Metallica, Motorhead, Iron maiden, and Black Sabbath/Ozzy. I grew up listing to them along bands like Guns N' Roses, AC/DC, Van Halen, Anthrax, and Motley Crue.

Then my metal time line lead me to Faith no More-White Zombie- Sepultura- Pantera-Acid Bath. Then in the late 90's I started listing to the likes of Deftones, Soulfly, Tool, Rage Against the Machine, and Korn. Which eventually lead to some of the core bands I mentioned.

Throw in Clutch, Corrosion of Conformity, Outlaw Country and Classic Rock and that pretty much can generalize my music tastes.

I don't care what anyone says I take power metal more serious than I do black or death metal. Both are ridiculous and pretentious as fuck, for different reasons, but I love them both. Power metal just makes me happy.

At least these guys get it.

I saw Sabaton sandwiched between Skeleton Witch (terrible) and Amon Amarth a few years ago. The tonal shift was intense. Sabaton even cracked a few jokes about it when they first got on stage because they just did not fit in. Milwaukee was one of the first sets on the tour and they got shit on in other cities and were not expecting the crowd to know their music and be into like we were. It was a damn good show.

What a bizarre thread.

"Music is not a track and field event."

The people getting all offended / catty / confrontational about subgenres and music are immature. Those that are actually comfortable with what they listen too couldn't care less about someone else's opinion. By definition, there can be no "best" when it comes to music, so conversations like that are pointless.

I have music for any mood I could be in and I have music I can use as a tool to alter my mood.

Back