Metal Heads are the New Hipsters

That's Cannable Corpse. I don't understand why you are being such a prick about this. Why do you care anyway? Some of the bands I mentioned are kind of douchie, but their music is good. My favorite metal band of all time is probably Pantera.

There were a lot of good metal and death core albums that came out of the 2000's. Once it started gaining a little popularity a bunch of died in the wool metal scrubs couldn't accept that they're actually displaying good musicianship. What's ironic is that you acting like the people that this thread is about.

While I consider metal music that doesn't have gutteral lyrics almost a whole other species I still enjoy bands like Megadeth, Metallica, Motorhead, Iron maiden, and Black Sabbath/Ozzy. I grew up listing to them along bands like Guns N' Roses, AC/DC, Van Halen, Anthrax, and Motley Crue.

Then my metal time line lead me to Faith no More-White Zombie- Sepultura- Pantera-Acid Bath. Then in the late 90's I started listing to the likes of Deftones, Soulfly, Tool, Rage Against the Machine, and Korn. Which eventually lead to some of the core bands I mentioned.

Throw in Clutch, Corrosion of Conformity, Outlaw Country and Classic Rock and that pretty much can generalize my music tastes.

I would have stopped replying to you after my first post, but you started saying things like "Freddy Mercury used to suck on wieners and put them in his butt" and "people from the metalcore scene will pull way more tail than a group of black metal scrubs" which led me to believe that you were a little kid. Now I don't know what to believe.

"Why do you care anyway?"
I don't care. I didn't ask for your musical timeline, and I have no idea why you keep associating me with "metal scrubs" just because I don't like nu metalcore/deathcore ect. It takes absolutely no talent whatsoever to play that type of music.

Here's a band that mixed metal and hardcore that you might have slept on. Enjoy:

I work with a bunch of Metal heads and they be serious about they metal. Like they get mad if you confuse one style with another and stuff. But I didnt know there was 100 different kinds like thrash,hair,death,etc.. Its all just rock and roll to me.

But after talking to them I realize they the new hipsters. With Rap taking over sales and radio, they become more underground and harder to find and metal head follow them hardcore and srs. Anyone else notice this.

I have always listened to 80s and even 90s era Metal Slayer,Metallica,Megadeth,Pantera,Sepultura to name a few.

I am an amateur guitarist who do some cover stuff.

So I can consider my self a metal head.

But oh boy yeah I have noticed this "Hipstery" trend too and its fucking Childish and annoying specially if it comes from a bunch of 30 year olds who always project.

I have few friends on facebook like that and I cut them off because it is just so boring and toxic they immediately conflate that if you are "Metal" you are tough and strong.

And some of them bitch on facebook all the time to the point they don't realize they are already as annoying as the people they are complaining about.

What a shame.

when i was in college, my car radio got stolen. Only problem was the CD player was broken and wouldn't eject, so they got a free copy of Great Southern Trendkill

in San Diego, i doubt that was the ideal listening demographic for the likely thief hahaha

Hehehehe fucking thieves.

Hey man but arren't you stereo typing them stereo thieves? Hahaha

Hehehehe fucking thieves.

Hey man but arren't you stereo typing them stereo thieves? Hahaha
best part was i called campus police to file a report. they are legit state police too, but dude came solo and starting like licking flakes of metal off the ground like he was on CSI or some shit hahahahah

clearly they never found anything, good times

best part was i called campus police to file a report. they are legit state police too, but dude came solo and starting like licking flakes of metal off the ground like he was on CSI or some shit hahahahah

clearly they never found anything, good times

Lol... I am just immagining a full ep.of CSI with Dave Carusso about a stolen car radio!

images

8 pages of this shit.

If the videos here didn’t make you a superstud metalhead then you’re gay af and should probably start gobbling dongs.
...unless you're Rob Halford and you're both a superstud metalhead AND gay af gobbling dongs.

Old school, legit metal head checking in.

I was on the stage, at the front of the stage, and in the underground.
I wore leathers and spikes. I played through Marshall amplification turned up to 11.

The 80's were my jam. Those were my high school years and then some. And metal heads weren't hipsters. We were edgy outcasts who played by our own rules and held a fist up to The Man who wanted us to turn our music down and get a job.

<36>

Now I've heard everything.

There are a handful of bands that used to get shit on because they were "popular" in the MySpace days, despite being good bands. JfaC eventually lived up to that shitty reputation but they didn't start out that way. If you're a fan of death/grind and don't dig Genesis, I have to assume you're being contrary for the sake of it.

There were a lot of good metal and death core albums that came out of the 2000's. Once it started gaining a little popularity a bunch of died in the wool metal scrubs couldn't accept that they're actually displaying good musicianship. What's ironic is that you acting like the people that this thread is about.
[/QUOTE]

This is reality, and I've been guilty of it in the past. I never even gave The Black Dahlia Murder a shot because they were "popular" and I just assumed they were the same kind of shit as Attack Attack or Asking Alexandria. Saw them open for Darkest Hour and had my mind blown.

It's basically just the younger scrub fans who act like that. Almost every band I've met listens to other stuff besides metal too. From Kate Bush to electronic music. Seriously, it's mostly a kid thing. Everything sucks besides what i like. Most grow out of it by their early 20s.

Here's a treat for all you metalheads: the history of the GROWL.

Back