McGregor claims to want Khabib...

Get off your soapbox man, the reply was in jest, not everyone takes Conor seriously especially me

Sorry I have a really dry sense of humor. It's stupid and fucked up and I'm seeing a counsellor about it

The fact I'm being so passive aggressive means I'm not taking this too seriously either

But thanks for your "insight" anyway... <45> see what I did there? Fuckin funny I am

Conor ducked Khabib & Tony which is why he got stripped out of the LW belt and even had to resort to attempted terrorism with his cronies on a bus at major sports arena in NYC out of all places just to avoid defending the LW belt.

Khabib is the real champ while Conor will be dealing with terrorism charges and civil lawsuits possibly even jail time.

This would not have been an issue if Conor actually just defended the LW title.

I see zero quotes from McGregor pertaining to wanting the Khabib fight in that article. Only "sources say". If McGregor really wants that fight then why isn't he actually saying it? Is he suddenly shy?

Do you know how hard it is to find the interwebz these days?

Hearsay from Scrapdigest? Totally buying this shit, it's for real!

Yeah because Conor has a history of backing down from important fights and taking the easy road...

Remember when he stepped up to face RDA, a heavier opponent who many deemed to be a huge challenge stylistically. Of course RDA dropped out and was replaced with Nick Diaz who couldn't cut to make 155 so the fight would have to take place at 170. 2 weight classes above Conor's division. Surely Conor as you've portrayed him refuses? He isn't that stupid is he. Oh no... he embraces the fight and takes it with a hell of a lot to lose and very little to gain. He loses. He then comes back to avenge that loss. Then goes on to do what no fighter has done in the modern age by pasting the champ in the div above him and unifying two belts. He then goes on to challenge arguably the greatest boxer of all time to a fight under queensberry rules. But yeah despite the factual precedents which provide the clear evidence that your argument is devoid of any substance whatsoever... I guess you could be right? I guess Conor could be "scared" of Khabib. Or something? I guess?

What reason would Conor supporters have to fabricate such a claim? If it's untrue, surely it would only serve to discredit him when he fails to follow through on the claim.

Revisionist history.

So, RDA dropped out and didn't get injured right? It was all a sham despite the evidence substantiating the injury? And when did Nick Diaz and Conor fight and how the fuck did the entire world miss that fight???

Of all the people who offered to step up, Conor calls out the guy on vacation partying out of the country less than two weeks out from the fight, who (coincedentally) is stylistically is the most favorable matchup. He risked absolutely nothing taking a fight with Diaz. No title on the line and it came with a built in excuse. If he lost it was to a bigger man, although no one realized how ridiculously unfair it was to Conor given that Nate was THREE TIMES his size!

Everytime he's had a chance to fight a contender or defend his belt, there's always been an excuse. When there's no chance it materializes, he plays the media and his stupid fans like a fiddle.

You didn't let the goof finish...Conor wants Khabib....to stop going after him....not gonna happen.

“You know what Conor told me? He told me he wants khabib in Russia. Isn’t he awesome”

<{danayeah}>

{<Mcgoat}

<31>

So Jon Jones made this totally BADASS decision not to rematch Gustafsson, he wants GLOVER instead. Isn't that just the most courageous, BADASS thing you've heard?!

Ufc should air him out and video a vlog series about sending this offer to McGregor per his boasting and his reactions

Revisionist history.

I will admit to a lot of flaws, but being a revisionist historian is something I adamantly deny. I am constantly standing up for fighters regardless of my personal opinion on them because some Sherdogger with short-term memory throws out an insult casually without considering any historic or contextual evidence. The most common of which is the revisionist's favorite... "xxxx champ was never that good and only fought cans". I actually think I am quite impartial in my arguments and base my opinions on accurate historical references.

So, RDA dropped out and didn't get injured right? It was all a sham despite the evidence substantiating the injury? And when did Nick Diaz and Conor fight and how the fuck did the entire world miss that fight???

The reason the RDA fight was cancelled has no relevance to my point. Ok apologies, RDA didn't drop out he was injured. That doesn't really have anything to do with my point which was more related to Conor's actions following the fight's cancellation.

Oh Nick Diaz, Nate Diaz come on man there are 8 year old kids less pedantic than you, you know what I meant.

Of all the people who offered to step up, Conor calls out the guy on vacation partying out of the country less than two weeks out from the fight, who (coincedentally) is stylistically is the most favorable matchup. He risked absolutely nothing taking a fight with Diaz. No title on the line and it came with a built in excuse. If he lost it was to a bigger man, although no one realized how ridiculously unfair it was to Conor given that Nate was THREE TIMES his size!

Did Conor call out Nate? I'm actually pretty sure that Nate called out Conor first in the post-fight interview following the MJ win.

I also disagree (sorry I'm disagreeing with you a lot man, nothing personal) that Nate was a favorable match up in any way. His BJJ/ground game posed huge threat to Conor's clear lack of skill in that area, plus he was physically huge in comparison.

He didn't risk nothing, he risked the entire legitimacy of the FW championship. If he were to lose it would totally undermine his entire legacy and everything he'd worked for to that point. Which he did. And what happened after he lost? The FW title lost all credibility (partly due to Conor's actions afterwards demanding a rematch etc), but again that was all related to the outcome of the first fight - Conor almost had no choice, how could he go back to defending his belt after the entire world witnessed his dramatic defeat at the hands of a guy who is with all due respect a journeyman level fighter - Conor had to avenge that loss for fear of total loss of credibility as FW champ. As for Nate... what did he have to lose? There were no title implications, it was totally an exhibition fight as far as he was concerned. He wasn't a champion anyway so a loss would only see him return to his place in line for the 155 title, but a win faced him with the prospect of being propelled right to the forefront of the MMA media circus, which was easily at the most popular point in the sport's history. Which again, is exactly what happened, and as we all know he made shit loads of money.

Everytime he's had a chance to fight a contender or defend his belt, there's always been an excuse. When there's no chance it materializes, he plays the media and his stupid fans like a fiddle.

Yeah this point I agree with. I'm happy to defend Conor's achievements, but I also remain highly critical of his faults.

"An inside source"

Sounds legit and reliable.

http://www.scrapdigest.com/conor-mcgregor-offers-to-fight-khabib-for-minimum-wage/33127/

Now, I don't know if this has been posted. But either way, this guy is a can of hot air until he signs the contract. And even then I believe he's on borrowed time. If McGregor doesn't KO him early he loses a lopsided fight.
STFU disclaiming bitch. You wouldn't have posted this article if you didn't believe there was a reasonable chance this didn't come from a vacuum and that Conor sincerely wants to fight. If anything the bus incident demonstrates that he truly gives no fucks. But when it comes to money he will get as much leverage as possible. Rightfully so, how much does Khabib draw again by himself? 1/5th of Conor on a good day.

That's not really a reputable source for MMA, I'll believe it when actual quotes by McGregor are posted

Conor's only fight will be over a soap on a rope..... Sorry but he won't fight Khabib, it is bad for his checkbook which will be getting much thinner soon.

Conor is the Chris Christie of mma. He started out promising, made his name big, then it was bloviation at his betters from then on out.

That's not really a reputable source for MMA, I'll believe it when actual quotes by McGregor are posted

How does one translate a coke garbled Irish accent from a man with 18 brain cells?

Gotta love these "Conor will never" motherfuckers.

Bitch, have you not learned yet?

Back